Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

Thanks for keeping us up to date, wish you had better news. At least you have a plan.
Post when you are ready, :console2:
 
Thank you so much @Celle and @Pumpkln you have no idea how much your posts have meant to me x

Well I have to admit that I have spent most of the night sobbing, not sleeping and in pain - to be fair only the sobbing is new!

So although I wanted a plan I really was hoping that it wasn't THAT plan but I have hope from the fantastic bonesmarties like @RestAssured that this a yet another blip and not the end of the road - thank you for that x

If it was JUST my knee I have to consider it wouldn't be so bad having a rubbish knee impacts on so much life. I am upset that I have already 'missed' two summers with my kids - I have been willing to do stuff just not able! I am upset that my job is in jeopardy - nothing to do with my employers they are being great but I am having to finally admit I cant manage much (if any) longer which will mean change, but how can I change / who will have me with so much uncertainty on how long everything will take. I am fed up with not being able to do stuff and worrying about when I am trying to stuff if I will manage.

Thank you all for your support - I think I may have just had a 'long cut' added to my journey and will be on the road for quite a bit longer yet.

Shortie x
 
@Shortie I feel for you. Lets hope the wait for the arthroscopy isn't long. Have you asked to be put on the cancallation list for surgery? It may speed things up. You have to take little steps at the moment and get through each stage one at a time. There are a lot of what if's and I know from experience that they are hard to get out of your mind. A good cry might have been what you needed. I resort to them when needed. I find I come out of them with more resolve. Bottling things up does not help in the long run.

I am sending you lots of hugs. Take care because we all care about you.
 
@Shortie,

I had a blip on my radar yesterday! It seems that I still had scar tissue in the inside part of my knee, and I had been compensating by bending it and then sliding it sideways to get it back to straight! Well, Abby would have none of that yesterday, and we heard a "rip"! :bolt:It hurt at the time but we finished the reps this morning it is sore but much easier to move "correctly!" Abby said it would be! Who needs an MUA when you have Abby?!:rotfl:
 
I'm so glad you have Occy Health on your side. They can be a valuable ally.

However, as far as the safety or otherwise of your job, you can't change what is. People all over are having catastrophes in their health that has robbed them of promising careers. Nowt you can do about it in the long run.

Last night on BBC1 there was a programme called "The Food Inspectors" - scary stuff. But there was as a story in it about this chap who picked up a dose of salmonella at a Hog Roast right here in my own town. He ended up in intensive care with S. poisoning which almost cost him his life. He recovered after a fashion but it's left him with a bad case of ulcerative colitis and unable to work. He was a senior manager in a firm and had expectations of going to the top. All gone now but to quote the man himself, "I may have lost my job and my health but at least I'm still alive!" I suggest you watch this programme on CatchUP TV or BBCiPlayer and see the story.
 
@Shortie
Let's wait and see what the arthroscopy shows. Yes, it may be that you need a revision to fix the problem. I had one of those and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. But it may also be that something simpler will help. Fingers crossed!

At any rate, you will know, instead of wondering and feeling that someethign isn't right. :good-bad:

Hugs and best wishes! :friends:
 
I agree. Wait to see what they find. It may be a simple fix! I will be praying for a simple fix!:angel:
 
No news but saw a joke I found funny for myself as I can't sleep
"This insomnia is really getting me down, I'm absolutely knackered. On the plus side though, its only 3 sleeps till christmas."

I hope others find it funny

Shortie x
 
:heehee:, there you go! Find humor wherever you can, and the road will be shorter to recovery; or at least it will be "lighter"! :happydance:
 
I'm off today to see my manager to discuss adjustment to duties available for me until I am sorted - I will see what can be done.

Shortie x
 
Good meeting with my manager we have a two part plan. First is to make sure I only do short shifts on the run up to the arthroscopy and then after that to look at redeployment with the help of occupational health (I so don't want to leave my department and collegues but I just can't manage :boohoo:).

I am hoping that even if this stage takes a long time that I will get back to my department but I have to admit at the moment it just isn't right for me.

I will probably see someone from occupational health next week so will see what is what.

Meanwhile I am waiting for my arthroscopy date.but it should be in the next two months, I am on the case of the booking lady who is very nice and gave me her direct line who I will ring again next week so I hope to get a cancellation appointment ASAP. I just want it done now so I know if I am heading for a two stage revision or something different.

Shortie x
 
Sounds like you have a plan in place Shortie! I am proud of you for moving forward!:happydance:
 
Shortie,
You are on your way to finding some answers, glad you finally have a plan!
 
@Shortie,
I'm glad your manager was helpful. Now you can concentrate on helping the knee!
 
I'm struggling a bit at the moment.

My manager and occupational health are in the process of things but I did have to work a short day shift on Friday During and after this my knee was in agony with 8-10/ 10 pain even after having oxynorm! I didn't sleep at all well with only snatching a few mins here and there I then was working a twilight (6pm - Mn) on Saturday - I am STILL suffering even though today I have only put my delivered supermarket shop away and cooked dinner! I really can't wait for my arthroscopy and some definitive plan - I will phone booking lady again tomorrow!

At least I am on a weeks annual leave as the kids are on half term which is great as I love the kids being at home.

I hope everyone is OK

Shortie x
 
At least I am on a weeks annual leave
Glad to hear you have a weeks leave, hope your knee can settles down, and you can book a date to have your arthroscopy.
Sorry to hear the agony you were in after working on Saturday, get some rest today.
 
I have a date!!!!!!!! for my arthroscopy that is NEXT Tuesday 3rd March! I had phoned the lovely booking lady and she said it had been put on a routine list so 18 week pathway from 15th May BUT when I explained what had happened etc she said she would email some people and she rang back and said next Tuesday - I am so pleased I know it won't fix me and is only diagnostic but it is on the right road to what happened next.

Shortie x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom