Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well up in the chair typing this, had a shower, gone upstairs and downstairs, walked along the corridor then did my exercises..the physo says as far as she is conserned I can go home today:yes 4:

But...as I am on Walfrein (spelling ?) my scar is a bit oozzy its OK but just a bit runny, they might want me to stay 1 more night:sigh:

Pain management..8 parecetomol over 24 hours with 1 ibruprofen every 8 hours, does that sound OK...bearing in mind I am on blood thinners for the next 6 weeks.

onwards and upwards..got to get that batting avarage up this year:thumb:
 
It sounds amazing! Are you sure the paracetamol and ibuprofen are enough? It really holds your pain?
 
Congratrs Loz...a new clean start.

I think you might be typing Warfarin ...if you mean the blood thinner. I think it may also go by Coumadin.

In the US, whilst on Warfarin, we can not take any other NSAIDS (it may thin out blood TOO much) and we need to have out blood tersted regularly to make sure we are taking the right dosage. I was on it for 6 weeks...every doc is different.

Feel better, ice....and take it eazzzzzzy.

Z
 
Now home, and sitting on the sofa, leg up!!

Looking at my "going home" pack. Pain meds...8 paracetomol in 24 hours and 1 200g ibuprofen in 24 hours, at the moment that seems to be OK.

I am on warfarin because I had a DVT after my last THR, I am going to have my IRN checked this evening and the dosage will be moinitored then stablelised.

Already my leg feels more mobile and flexible than the last time, so I hoping the smaller head and cup as well as the snipping has helped.

At the moment I feel great:dancy:
 
Loz,

So glad you are feeling better already. Let's hope this did the trick and you are on your way to full recovery this time.
 
Hey Loz,

Glad you are home and its also great news you feel better! Lots of rest :)

All the best,

Sarah
 
Warfarin and ibuprofen, or any NSAID, is not advisable.
I would phone your GP tomorrow am and check that he is aware you have been prescribed both.

Glad you are feeling so chipper though!
 
Thanks Jo ,wil do..no they are not aware!!I will not take anymore Ibuprofen. Should it just be paracetomol then?
 
Glad to hear you're home! Remember the drill....ice, elevate, etc.:) hope this time is much easier for you, sounds like you're off to a great start:thumb:

Dee
 
Loz, just the paracetamol may not be enough. Something like Tramadol might be an option for a while.
 
Just a quick update.

I cannot believe how well I feel in myself, had a few walks round the block and bumped into many of my dog walking mates (I leave the dog at home at the moment) they are all saying that my face is perky with a smile unlike the last year, and I can see it as well!!

Anyway on to the hip, it seems good I can allready get it nearer to the 90 degree mark than 2weeks ago pre revision!! the pain is being managed by paracetomol it seems OK. I am also a bit swollen around the scar as before but iceing will hopefully get that down a bit.

I will keep anyone whos intrested updated as I progress. xx
 
Hey there.....

Your last post just made me smile with your dog walking mates saying how perky and happy you look..isnt that the BESTEST thing to hear and yes feels good too!

Hopefully soon you can get out more with your dog, I love taking my boy out and everyone here knows we walk numerous times during the day and I still believe it has been a huge part of my recovery.

Wishing you all the best!

Sarah
 
Great report, Loz....keep 'em coming!!!
 
Is it me or has there been a page and a few posts lost on this thread.

Anyway from tomorrow I am going on to one crutch and then a stick. I am now only on 4 pain killers a day, and the only pain at the moment is around my scar and a bit of tightness around my inner thigh.
 
I think so?? although a smaller 28mm, my OS seemed to think this was best for me! and the fact he has had no problems with this sort of replacement. But when looking at the infomation about the prosthesis that was given to me I have.

All made by Zimmer.

Metasul head 28/0 M taper.(EDI192806).
CLS sportorno, expansion shell uncemented 52. (ED945219)
Metasul CLS Sportorno insert 52/28 (UHMW polyethylene) ISO5834-2 (EDI60132852)

So looking at that I am not sure it is MOM, but all I do know is it is so much better than the last 38mm MOM one.
 
Hi Loz,

Did you go to a football game this weekend? I'm loosing my brain I know I had replied to one of your posts over the weekend, as of today though I'm blanking duh!!

Hope you are well...

All the best,

Sarah
 
It's certainly the larger head sizes that seem to be the problem so a 28mm should be fine.
 
Yes dallasarah I did go to watch a football match..in fact I am going to watch another tonight...I think a lot of posts have been lost as explained by Jo in a post she made earlier.

I am feeling better than I have for a year, when people see me they say I have looker Grey for a year and now I have a smile and un pained look to me!!

Jo are the 28mm hip replacements some of the ones that were all in the papers the other day??
 
I did comment over the weekend but it seems that post was lost.You are progressing really well hope you did not over do it at the football hope you continue to improve like you are doing you will soon be on the bench all the best Terry
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom