Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Lookin' On the Bright Side!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Loz, I can tell you tht my OS is supposed to be one of the best in this region and is highly respected. He talks at seminars on hp replacement, FAIS and new developments. I really like him and trust him...but he is the one that chose to use MOM too. I don't think that his ability has much to do with it. I suspect he was going by the science and also his own record of success with MOM. I do believe that most people with them do just fine. I am hoping that I have the impingment issue so that I can just have a snip snip in the end and be OK.

My new OS who is also very well respected and one of the head hip guys at Duke (helped train my first one..how ironic) did tell me to my face that my ion levels could spike up at any time and push me to revision.
If I had it to do over again, I just would not want that factor over my head. And my MOM is not the one recalled.

I am hopeful that the tendon issue is the only issue and that we can take care of that. If we do, and that ends my pain, I will blow a trumpet for my original OS. Right now, I have great range of motion and pain....best and worst of worlds.
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Thanks Mark, I have and have always had poor movement since my op, I could never get down to tie my shoelaces!! I am hoping a smaller head will help with this?? You mention a tendon, is this from you groin? because mine (dont know its name) is so tight and can be very painful, I am also hoping that a smaller cup and head might help this as well!!

Or am I just hoping for too much?
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

LOZ, don't get a MoM revision. Put a little ceramic or plastic in there. Just sayin.....
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

the iliopsoas is a tendon that runs right across the hip socket and attatches to the upper opart of the femuer (I think). It is a part of the psoas muscle (huge) and can cause all kinds of trouble if it gets inflamed. You could look it up on line and see lots about it. I have pain in upper back of butt, on the side, and in the front (groin area). Seems to move around. Lifting leg or knee towards chest really illustyrates this tendon and problems with it. My injhection worked some for this pain but I still have pain that seems like it comes from all arounhd. Feels tight when I walk. I cfan also feel and hear the tendon popping over my hip joint when I raise my leg. Is obvious.
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Right next part.
Just had my pre meds all went OK so Thursday the 1st of March is the day!!

As an aside, when having a chat with both the nurse and then the physio, they were both amazed that I was having to have this revision. Both said that Mr --------- is the best OS around and they had never heard of him having such an early revision... so it seems it's just my bad luck!!!
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Loz, I edited out your *** word! Plus it's perfectly okay to name names. We do it all the time. :wink1:
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Hi Loz,
hope all goes well with your revision and you can get back on track with your recovery very soon. At least its happening soon.
Best wishes
Gizmo:friends:
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Well at least it's not long now Loz! All the best! Fingers crossed this does the trick.
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Hi Loz,

I often wonder, Why couldn't my procedures been easier?
I sure do hope you get a good solid 'standing' again:)
I am pretty new to this Site, but have gotten so much Support given the problems I had...So glad to meet you!
Peace & Health to you!
Laura P
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Well due to the wonders of modern life I can log onto my pc in hospital.

Had the op about 5.30 Thursday came out of theater about 8.00!

All about turn...Stem was not loose and no infection shown? new smaller head and cup fitted as I was told, but he has cut some soft tissues because they were so tight and could / would be resticting my movement causing pain and limping.

No sitting for 3 days but they did get me up today I was OK untill the OS walked in and asked me about the length of leg "have I noticed it was better" after he said that I felt all queer and had to lay back down!!!

I have to admit the pain in my groin is quite bad but is not being helped by a nasty cough.

Will keep you all informed as soon as I feel like asking what has actully be done.

Jo..if you want to change the name of this thread please do.

Hope you feeel better than I do xxx
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Hello Loz,

Welcome back and congratulations on your revision surgery.

Can you get stronger Meds for the pain in your groin area? Hope you can get lots of rest during your stay there in the hospital.

We can change the name on your thread what would you like it to say?

All the best,

Sarah
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Hi Loz, welcome to the other side again! Are they controlling your pain correctly. Doesn't sound like it if you have that groin pain. Be sure and ask for something won't you?

I can change your thread title for you. How about "That's my revision done!"
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Snap! Sandy and I posting the same thing at the same time. :th_heehee:
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Hi Jaycey, that title sounds good.

The groin pain only happens when I cough! other than that...pain scale while lying is 1 out of ten..its just a shame I have a cough.

I am on paracetomol, had 6 yesterday had 4 so far today I have been offered stronger ones but have declined until they get me up and walking ..do you think that is the right thing to do??
 
Re: Looks like a revision for me then!!

Definitely not the right thing to do Loz. You need to stay ahead of the pain. At this point everything will hurt. You have just had major surgery. Take the heavier meds and get that pain under control. That way moving around will be much easier.

Will change your title now.
 
OK thanks, will ask for the stronger ones from now on.
 
Good name for the thread!

Hey Loz,

Sorry you have a cough to cause pain! Yes I would take the stronger pain Meds it will help for sure.

Take it easy and gets lots of rest!

All the best,

Sarah
 
Congrats Loz! Glad things are going well, except for that evil cough and groin pain. I agree more meds..what about some cough syrup with Codeine??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom