Guest viewing is limited

TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

Thank you! I sincerely believe it is due to keeping the pain under control and of course all the prayers! It is indeed a blessing!
 
Well I have been having baby steps foward until last night then had a step back. Currently was taking 7.5 mg Norco 1 tablet every 5-6 hrs with 2 Tramadol every 4 hrs and was doing great. Last night had some family stop by and I missed. Dose and seemed to do ok so only had Norco during the night. Woke this morning feeling pretty rough and seemed to more swollen today so back on the original schedule and the ache is beginning to subside. Also sleeping more today.
 
Your body is telling you you need the painkillers still. It's good to get the confirmation.

All I want to do is sleep, and i follow what my body wants to do. I think it's my body using the sleep to heal naturally.

Few steps back here today too, I just keep telling myself new day tomorrow x




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes Zakmik we just need to listen to what our body is telling us, get back up, brush off the dust and take another step forward! You hang in there too!
 
It's too early to miss a dose. I took my meds by the clock for 2-3 weeks, then around 3-4 weeks I forgot a dose and wasn't in pain so I began to cut back. The meds will make you sleepy, but just give into it for the first few weeks because sleep is what your body needs right now.
 
Sleeping is giving your body the chance to concentrate on healing your knee. I slept lots my first 3 or 4 weeks. Reading on here how healing sleep is, I didn't feel guilty about it. Just considered myself doing my part to help my knee heal!
 
Sounds like you are managing well Linda. We had our surgery on the same day and one week out I already know I am going In the right direction by following the advice from this site. I also have a blood clot in lower calf so tending to that as well. One day at a time is my philosophy, take good care.
 
You both sound like you are doing well. I'll be following you a week from today for knee number3!
 
Hi all, well I somehow lost my pain control and have had a rough few days trying to get it back under control. My knee has been extremely swollen an I have not been able to straighten it or bend it. Went to first PT yesterday and his main concern was getting it to straighten out. He was very positive and everything was at my own pace. For the past two days my knee has been up with ice...thought I was doing that before but maybe not enough. Hope the swelling starts going down soon and back to PT tomorrow! Thank you for your thoughts!
 
Oh, Linda, so sorry it's been a rough few days. I agree that you should skip PT until your knee settles down. Take care.
 
Yes, your knee is too angry to put it through therapy now. Wait until the pain and swelling goes down. Waiting will not hurt your knee at all. It will come into ROM by itself as the pain and swelling go down. PT now would just aggravate it more. It needs rest, not work!
 
I have put off PT until April 24th. Now that I am resting, icing, elevating, taking meds, doing very light stretches and 2 walks through the house, my pain is manageable today.
The pain from this surgery is no joke and getting on the other side is a RELIEF and worth it. So grateful for my spouse Alison for all her loving care today.
Best Marc
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Linda I hope your ahead of the pain now and resting, elevating and icing. The advise to lay low for awhile is good advice. Keep us posted on your wellbeing.
 
Back
Top Bottom