TKR LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<

It's been a while since you've been here. I'm so glad you can a cause now and a solution in the future. Time flys and October will be here before you know it. In the meantime, good luck with your pain control. Did the ultrasound machine help you at all?
 
Hi sistersinhim! Unfortunately for this problem, the ultrasound machine did not help. But it has helped my back pain in the past so definitely good to have around and I did try. As you say, October will be here in the blink of an eye and hopefully, all will be resolved! :D
 
He feels I have a failed PCL
Sorry, I'm puzzled. What do you mean by a PCL?

To me it's a Posterior Cruciate Ligament but your description of "revising the femoral prosthesis" then doesn't make sense as if he's 'revising' the PCL a) it cannot be revised, only removed and b) if it's that, then your knee needs to be revised to a total replacement.
 
Josephine when they did my right total knee replacement, he left the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). The new surgeon has said my PCL has failed and recommends doing a revision on the femur portion of my prosthesis and removing the PCL. So it is as you say except I have already had a TKR on that knee. I just didn’t explain it correctly!
 
Ah, okay - I get it now!

Just for your information, here are pictures of the cruciate sparing and the cruciate sacrificing knees!

[Bonesmart.org] LindaO's second verse - Both Knees Done Now<
 
Thank you Josephine! I hope he doesn’t have to change out the tibial component...fingers crossed it will just be the femoral component but until he talks to the Smith & Nephew rep, he won’t know for sure!
Thank ya for the additional info!!
 
I hope he doesn’t have to change out the tibial component...fingers crossed it will just be the femoral component
As you can see in the image, If he wants to remove the PCL, then he will need to change both implants.
 
You know, I wondered about that but he compared the tibia part on both knees and they look identical. He indicated he thinks he can just change out the femur part but until he talks to the rep he won't know for sure. Like you, I think he would need to replace the entire component. I hope he gets it figured out before we go in there!! :D
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom