Guest viewing is limited

MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

@Wrangler please let me know how the app works. Has you ROM started going the right direction? As I told you mine went backwards quite a bit after the mua nd then around 2-2.5 weeks it began going back up slowly. I am 14 weeks and still just under 100° due to my RA. We will get there.
 
So good to hear you are doing better this is such a long journey and patience is difficult to have at times. Sounds like your OS is encouraged and you are coming along. I am at 13 weeks today and yesterday I got to 108 . I am happy with that progress and will be seeing my OS next week. Thinking about you and wishing continued progress
 
I downloaded a goniometer app, also, but it did not come with instructions. No matter how I held it to my knee it would swing around giving wild numbers like this: 37, -230, 49, -270! If your app seems accurate, please tell us the name. I'm an Android user, thanks.
 
I tried the app but need another person to use it properly. I will update once I figure it out.

I am having a bad ROM day so I am taking it easy. I think I overdid it yesterday. I will try and get a ROM measurement tomorrow.
 
Hi @Wrangler
You will get there with your ROM. The swelling really does mess it up a lot.
Truly is one day at a time and one step at a time.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am just doing PT at home. I am still experiencing a lot of pain and stiffness. I am 2 weeks out from my Hospital visit and 9 weeks post op. I hope to turn the corner soon. I have cabin fever!!!
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get the app to work properly - I do know what 90 looks like so I am working towards that. My insurance provider approved the pain specialist - I hope I can get an appt sooner than later. Can't sleep - sigh.
Hope everyone has happy knees!
 
@Wrangler sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping. Hope you get the pain specialist appointment soon. I started PT a few days after the mua so that helped with the cabin fever. Keep doing your exercises and stretches, ice and elevate. Happy and bendy knees for all of us!
 
Hi @Wrangler
Sorry about you able to sleep very well. Hope the pain specialist can help with the pain which should help you to sleep better.
Keep up with your exercises. I know how hard it is. Don't hurt yourself tho. Only go beyond the uncomfortable. You don't need to keep swelling.
I have a feeling the weather isn't helping with your cabin fever. Cold and snow here and not wanting to go out in it is a struggle. Once you start feeling up to it get out and enjoy some air. Even if it is on your front step.
One step at a time. It'll get better.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @appaloosa girl - I do get out. I have a chair set up in the front yard so I can play with my dogs. The fresh air is great. We have had a lot of snow; thankfully it's not too cold.
I am not stressing over ROM anymore. I know it will come when my knee/body is ready. :)
 
I can't get the app to work properly - I do know what 90 looks like so I am working towards that. My insurance provider approved the pain specialist - I hope I can get an appt sooner than later. Can't sleep - sigh.
Hope everyone has happy knees!

Hi, I don't know if you are still looking for an android goniometer app, but I downloaded broken link removed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scriptlanes.goniometer&hl=en and it seems pretty easy to use, even without the help of someone else. I had my pt check the app against her physical goniometer and the readings matched, so it has some usefulness. I also have one of he plastic goniometers, but the app is much easier to use and seems close enough in accuracy.
 
@metalheart - thanks! I will also pass on to @Clipless about the Android App. I found one on the Apple App Store that works ok - Goniometer by Jinfra - it's really basic but gives me a number. I also got the one you recommended - the measurement works the same but there are more options/records.
 
@metalheart thanks for sharing the goniometer app. I tried it a few times and seems to be fairly accurate with my measurements at PT this week.

@Wrangler
It does help to have an idea of our numbers but its not good obsess over them. You will get there.
 
I bet it's good for your morale to get out with your dogs.
 
Yes, the fresh air is great. I'm still not driving so escaping the house is good. I have three dog - I can't wait to get them out for walks again. The snow is starting to melt so it may be safe to go out wandering soon. Fingers crossed.
 
Hi @Wrangler getting out with the dogs sounds wonderful. I look forward to that also. It has been horrible here. The cold and snow keeping us all in or fighting to keep the animals warm and watered. (horses) Our water pipes froze in the barn last night. Took us awhile to thaw it out so we could water them all. I imagine tonight will be the same way. At least they can go outside today and run and get the crazies out of them. We are all wanting an early spring.
Dana
 
@appaloosa girl - glad you managed to thaw the water pipes. We had a cold snap awhile ago but we've had warm weather lately. I hope the trend continues. The horses are enjoying the warmer weather too. I hope you get an early spring!!
 
Just checking up on you. How are you doing? My doctor released me this week and said I can continue to exercise at home or if I like he would give me a script to go to PT for one more month so I chose to do another month with outpatient PT. I am up to 114 but still have IT pains on the outside of my knee and thigh. Dr also recommended therapy massage and riding an exercise bike. Going to do that soon. Hoping you are feeling better and happy that you have your sweet dogs to keep you company.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom