Guest viewing is limited

MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

Hi @lunula - like most that have had MUA's I have lost a bit of flexion already. I know that this flexion will come back once the swelling goes down. It was a major procedure and probably too early in my recovery. But I was under 60 for 7 weeks and I thought I needed it. I underestimated the procedure and am sore and stiff. I am in constant communication with my GP and hoping to see a pain specialist soon.
My anesthesist gave me a femoral block after the epidural was removed so I could sleep throught the night - my last night in the hospital on the CPM. He couldn't believe how much pain I was experiencing. He said my pain response was atypical. He kept poking around and was dumbfounded by my pain response. He recommended that I see a pain specialist as it would help in my recovery.
I am riding my bike (unfortunately not full revolutions) and doing other PT at home. I had a massage today which was both sore and heavenly. I am going to go have a warm bath and hope that the coming days bring me 'knee happiness'. I vow to keep my head up and plunder on!

#CRPS
“You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down” Charlie Chaplin
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great attitude @Wrangler So sorry to hear that you are not winning the pain battle at the moment - but I'm sure you understand that you have to get thru it and it will pass... hopefully with the right mix of meds- cheers Maggie x
 
How are you doing? Able to get your pain under control? How's your ROM ? Bless your heart. I feel for you.
 
@Wrangler I hope everything is okay with you. After my mua, the pain increased with swelling and then bruising several days later. I hope this is not happening to you but if so it is not unusual and it will get better. My OS and PT told me to manage the pain, ice and keep stretching and doing easy exercises to keep the knee bending.
 
@Maggie94 - Yup, I will get through this!!

@numbzee - Thanks! I am doing my PT at home. I do not have a ROM measurement but I know I am losing ROM every day. I am pretty good for pain management unless I am walking or doing my PT. I spent most of the day with my cryo cuff on resting. The swelling has gone down a bit. I have a referral for the pain specialist and will try and make an appt for tomorrow.

@Minnie's knees - Thanks Kathy. Yes, the pain and swelling have increased. Unfortunately, the pain and swelling is preventing me from bending my knee. Stretching and PT are still really painful - I am doing what I can and waiting for it to get better.
 
@Wrangler sorry yor pain and swelling have increased. It will get better! I began to feel better after the first week and was able to go back to work 2 weeks after the mua. I hope you feel better soon.
 
Sorry to hear you are having pain . It took me 10 weeks postoperative to stop the prescription meds. So far I take Motrin and Tylenol and still ice and elevate. The pain is keeping you from increasing your ROM . I am still struggling and after 12 weeks I finally made it to 106 without pain. However I now have a more serious health problem. My heart is have electrical problems and I am fainting without warning and it has happened while I was driving to PT! I went to cardio and they are scheduling a hospital for an implantable heart loop monitor to see why this is happening. Now my knee problem has become second place. Sorry I should only be talking about our knees. Hang in there
 
@Minnie's knees - I am over a week now with not much relief. I am hoping that this next week will be better. ROM is still very limited. All the best to you - I hope you are doing well at work.

@numbzee - thanks for stopping in. I have no doubt, that the pain and swelling are limiting factors in my Progress. One day, it will just happen. Congrats on 106 with no pain. I am sorry to hear about you heart problem. Good luck with the implant. Hopefully, they will be able to figure out what's going on. All the best.
 
Thank you for best wishes. I will be checking up on you and sending you positive thoughts!
 
@Wrangler I can tell you it does get better. I had my mua 4.5 weeks ago and for the first 2 weeks I was miserable. I was 85° before mua and only 73° 2 weeks after mua. I was scared and hoping I didn't make a mistake. I am happy to say I am at 97° today. You will see improvement once your swelling goes down.

@numbzee congrats on 106° that is great. So sorry to hear about your heart issues and hope everything is okay. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
 
I hope everything will be ok with your heart issues.
 
@Minnie's knees - that is good to hear! I am a week out from my hospital stay. And 10 days out from the actual MUA. I am very much looking forward to being pain-free and having more mobility.
 
Thinking about you today and hope your pain is subsiding .
 
Hi there, Wrangler - just checking in as I have been thinking of you and hoping for a good report card. :)
 
@numbzee @lunula - feeling a little better today - thanks for checking in. Range of motion is still limited. I see my OS tomorrow. Hoping to gain some ROM in the weeks to come.
 
@Wrangler glad to see you posting. I was worried about you. You will get there. Patience is the hardest part of this recovery which takes longer for some of us. Hang it there!
 
My OS encouraged me to keep at it - I see him again in a month. He wants me to continue PT at home - I downloaded a goniometer app today and will test it out tomorrow. At least it will give me an idea of my ROM.

The pain is definately more manageable and sleep isn't quite so hard to come by. I am a little impatient and frustrated but am thankful for my online friends for keeping me in good spirits! :loveshwr:
 
Will post 2morrow....i am 12 hours on the other side... all good

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom