Guest viewing is limited

MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

@numbzee - Congratulations! 114 is fantastic.
#CRPS
I am still plodding along. I went wandering on our property today but ended up falling in the snow. It was one of those "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up" situations. I tried yelling for my husband but he was out of earshot in the house. :holysheep: I did eventually manage to get on my feet and had a good chuckle. :heehee: I'll bring a walkie talkie next time!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#CRPS
11 weeks since my TKR - 4 weeks since my MUA. Times are changing! The constant 24/7 pain is gone!!!!! I feel much more mobile and will get so much more from PT as I can push a little more. My knee still feels very tight and is sore when I try to flex but I am hoping that will start to fade as well. Thanks @Minnie's knees for letting me know that things would get better 3-4 weeks after the MUA. It gave me a lot of patience and confidence. Now I need to work on my walking as I am still prone to log leg. One step at a time ....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad your knee is improving. :yes!:

Please don't push too much in PT. That tight feeling in your knee probably means that you still have some swelling in there. ROM should improve if you can get rid of that swelling.
 
Thanks for the advice @Celle - I promise not to push too hard! Prior to this week, I experienced pain just sitting or dangling my leg over the side of the bed. I am excited to do these simple tasks without agonizing pain.
 
@Wrangler whooo hooo! So glad the 24/7 pain is gone and that you can see and feel a difference. Celebrate the little things each day and each week. It has been 7 weeks since my mua and ROM is still only 100-105. However I am able to do things I couldn't do 2 weeks ago with the same ROM. It's not just about the numbers.
 
Well, it was a nice pain hiatus but it's back. I am going to the pain specialist on Friday. I hope he can help me out. Otherwise, life is grand. Weather has been great and the snow is almost gone.
 
Hi @Wrangler
Sorry about the pain coming back. It's still healing. It is definitely one day at a time.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @Minnie's knees and @appaloosa girl - I just saw the pain specialist and was told I have complex regional pain syndrome - #CRPS. I had a lumbar parasympathetic nerve block done. My back is sore from the procedure but it will hopefully be better tomorrow. I will update how the knee feels tomorrow. Feeling a bit out of it. :umm:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Wrangler I hope the nerve block gives you good pain relief! You deserve it after the speed bumps you have experienced in your recovery.
 
Hi Wrangler. So sorry to hear about your pain. Like the others ..... How are things post nerve block? Keep positive, one day at a time, Maggie x
 
I haven't heard the Angels singing but I think it's helping. I am still experiencing some pain but my leg is definately less shiny and I had a 'normal' massage yesterday - usually I am jumping off the table. I was told it can take awhile for the body to react to the block. Thanks for checking in. Xo #CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Wrangler one day at a time! Celebrate the good days. I have learned a lot of patience through my recovery. In between bouts of frustration of course lol.
 
I saw my GP yesterday and she has given me a referral for PT. I will try and find a therapist familiar with #CRPS and see if we can my leg moving. I am still on crutches as I am unable to tolerate walking unaided. I see the pain specialist again in early March and will likely get another block.

Although my knee is giving me grief; I feel great. I have a wonderful family and lovely friends that are taking care of me. The sun is shining .... Life is good. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Wrangler glad to see you are staying positive. It really does help. You may see more improvement adding PT. I sure hope so. Hang in there.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom