MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

Fabulous news!!! Glad that it's over with - 135 is just phenomenal! Keeping my fingers crossed that you have minimal pain and swelling and you keep your amazing ROM. Let us know how you're doing!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
he he @numbzee - zonked out form the waist down with the CPM going full bore... you may just have happened onto a new way for TKR recovery:dubious:

@Wrangler how are you faring? Still hooked up the the CMP or have they got you up? Q: post MUA do you just continue the exercises etc for a TKR or do you have to do other things? I hope you knee is not giving you a hard time pain wise and is now behaving itself. Let us all know how you are going - we care - Maggie x
 
@numbzee and @Maggie94 - I have been on the CPM (0-120) since the MUA. I still have the epidural and they add pain meds if needed. I am icing too! My OS believes I suffer from complex regional pain syndrome - #CRPS. My manipulation was very easy - one big push and my heel went straight to my butt.

I have one more night to go in the hospital. Not sure when they stop the epidural. I am going to make sure my pain management is spot on before I head home.

I have not talked to my PT yet but I will let you know what they want me to do once I have a visit.

Happy knees everyone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Keep us posted! You are doing great keep that epidural going!. Good to hear they are keeping you out of pain
 
They are weaning me off the epidural and will remove it this afternoon. The OS is hopeful that the pain will be easily managed as the 'worst' days are behind me. I can't wait to go for a little walk and get out of my hospital bed. Onward and upward!
 
So relieved to hear that your OS is compassionet about controlling your pain. He is helping to make your MUA as painless as possible. It's going to be great to go on a little walk soon. Thinking about you!
 
So Wrangler, did they say if they heard the adhesions breaking up when they did the MUA? Super curious about that, as I actually heard/felt a small adhesion break while my PT massaged my knee yesterday. Didn't hurt at all, but I definitely heard it. Just wondering if the doc mentioned it to you so you'd truly know your issue was adhesions and not swelling. I am guessing that's the case since your flex is so great now! Truly happy for you - how is your pain today? You doing ok?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@lunula I'm sorry I didn't ask him about the snaps, crackles and pops. He just said it was very easy.

@Clipless he didn't offer much other than saying that I likely have #CRPS. I am going to follow up with a pain clinic and may be able to offer more information then.

The epidural is out - hello pain! I keep telling myself white lies - 'it doesn't really hurt that much' - lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was afraid of this happening after they took out your epidural! Hello Pain I am so sorry you are having to deal with this again. I tell myself white lies everyday too! Getting tired of the Knee the Knee and nothing but the Knee sending prayers and good thoughts for you to get pain relief and get back home.
 
Thanks @numbzee

I am home! Pain so far has been manageable. It's a different pain than the pain I experienced after the TKR surgery. The knee is quite swollen but it's been through a lot.

Progress - I can now sit with a 90 degree bend and get full rotation on my recumbent bike. Rode for 5 minutes using very slow revolutions. Feels so good!
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!. So relieved for you and that the pain is not the same as the original TKR. You can sit with a 90 degree bend fantastic! I am amazed you rode your recumbent bike already! Way to go girl !
 
@Wrangler Well well well - sitting properly AND riding the stationary bike - well done YOU. You are far enough along to know that the pain can be managed with meds icing elevation and rest. Congratulations on coming thru the MUA to this level of flexibility - keep going - visualize heels to butt:thumb:... or just even closer to your butt - take care & hasten slowly - Maggie x
 
You're on your way now. Good to hear you are progressing so well. Way to go
 
Hi Wrangler - just checking in to see how you're doing after your MUA - is your pain still under control? How is your swelling, and how is your ROM?
 
Back
Top Bottom