THR Lily's recovery

I had to climb a ladder this morning to get my cat off the carport roof. He never gets on the roof but whatever possessed him to get up there I don't know. My husband and son were calling him but he wouldn't budge so I knew it had to be me. Up I went one rung at a time using my unoperated leg first..he was so scared but as soon as he saw me he ran straight over, I grabbed him, handed him down and slowly came back down with no drama.

After that I found a comfy spot with my furry mate near me and I've taken it easy all day with a lovely nap this afternoon.

So me , my hip and my cat are quite happy and all is well.

And life keeps rolling on.
 
:flabber: brave lady... I have never been an overly cautious person (my mom reckons I am a daredevil) but my confidence was quite shook for many months after my BTHR.
Sometimes the unstable issues seemed to come out of nowhere.

Glad you got the baby down.
Now, don't do that again:heehee:
No falling down and going boom this early out. Hope your Friday is Sunny and Bright.
:catwindow:
 
Silly boy scared the life out of me. I was more worried he was going to fall than me but I couldn't leave him up there.

He just picked a bad time.
 
Last night I slept 13 hours straight and still dragged myself out of bed. Did nothing much this morning, had some lunch and fell asleep for another 3 or so hours. Sat outside for a bit ,had dinner and fell asleep again about 7 pm.

It's 8.30pm and I've woken up, brushed my teeth and I'm back in bed ,writing this post and I'm going back to sleep.

I have never been as fatigued or slept this much in my life and I'm still very tired.

I know the energy sap is healing, it's alot.
 
I took my blood pressure today and it was 107/70. I walked around and took it again and it raised to 117/80. I'm usually 130/80.

After surgery I had low blood pressure hovering around 90 and it stayed like that for 3 days. I wasn't discharged till I'd reached 100. Plus I was on a drip for 3 days I'm guessing for hydration.

I'll see my GP this week and see what she says. Just concerned it's a bit lower than usual and that it's contributing to fatigue.
 
@Goma - as long as you aren’t dizzy when you sit, stand or move, your BP is probably okay. It probably does go along with the fatigue and increased sleep. Blessings
 
I'm not at all dizzy just wondering why it's lower than usual. Maybe the inactivity.. I'm spending alot of time lying around to rest.
 
Could be a pint or so low on fluids. Our bodies need a lot of fuel to replenish and rebuild from this surgery.
 
I'm not hungry and I've lost weight. Food tastes terrible and makes me nauseous. I do drink alot of fluids.

It's thinks it's all the meds.
 
Meds can impact how food tastes as well as cause nausea. You may want to try bolder flavors. I hope it gets better soon!
 
Today I had a GP consultation. Prior to that I took my blood pressure hourly and it stayed between 110 to 120 so it was ok. Occasionally dipped below 110 but that was while I was at rest.

Lowered my meds so happy with that. I'm on SR Palexia 100 mg twice a day but will try once a day eventually.

I'm going to try to eat more.
 
Well I've certainly broken the 90 deg restriction rule by tripping myself up. Didn't fall but went over to a major bend with my hand on the operated side on the floor catching my balance.
I just felt a pull.

No pain in my hip joint but I feel an ache in my buttock, I suspect it's internal stitches or muscles?I can still walk but whatever I did in there I can feel it especially when sitting. Feels pulled and swollen.

I'll take it easy today and pray that nothing's gone wrong. You try and take care and accidents happen out of the blue that scare the living daylights out of you.
 
I'm sorry to read this, @Goma, but I'm glad your hip is okay. Dislocations are extremely painful and disabling. From your description, it sounds like the implant is fine.

Most likely you pulled something in your buttock or back; many of us find that those muscles are very susceptible to strain after these procedures. Try putting some ice on the area that is swollen to see if it helps.

Don't beat yourself up about it. We've all had a "whoops" at some point in our recovery. It's a reminder to be a little more cautious!

:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sitting and icing and it's bothering me,definitely the buttock area and not my actual hip replacement.

Just so worrying when you slip.
 
Oh no, my biggest fear...falling. OS says "just don't fall" Well who wants to fall??? None of us!
As far as dizziness you might need to drink some fluids with electrolytes??? Like Vitamin Water or Smart Water. When we travel to islands the water there has no minerals, it's water they desalinate. So after first couple of days there my head starts to get a little woozy and then I remember...I need electrolytes! When your magnesium levels drop you can really feel it.
 
Back
Top Bottom