Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Great news to hear you're holding up so well!
Too bad about your S.O. now you may get to play Nurse a bit.
Good for easy days. I think they're beneficial after all you've experienced.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@SCaprae
 
Hope significant other is doing well...glad you are getting back to life.:thumb:
 
SO is doing better after a couple difficult nights. To be discharged today & patiently waiting for final paperwork.
 
Great news for your SO. Sounds painful, I can't even imagine....
How are you doing these days?
I hope you have a nice week!
@SCaprae
 
Just arrived at home, long day.
I am doing well (moving slower than my old pace, this is the new speed), have been able to fall right back into things at work. Escaped damage from the recent storm (hit hard east, west and south of us) & was able to assist some if the neighbors who were not so fortunate. Onward!!
 
:heehee:
Did you get the short stick on the sympathy gene?
Poor SO. Be Nice!:no-fin:
Glad you dodged some of the worst of the weather, as did I.
Glad you were able to help some folks.
Build up some good karma...
Have a good day!:)
 
Uh, oh! Be nice, or we'll have to come after you.
Sounds like some flowers may be in order?

Good to hear you weren't affected by the storm. I'll bet it felt good to be able to physically assist others.
Long time coming but it's finally here!
I hope you have a nice week.
@SCaprae
 
Last edited:
The patient is feeling better just being at home. Ruby (German Sheppard- 9 months old) and her daughter & granddaughter will be taking today's "watch".
 
Glad to hear she's feeling better. Caregivers need a break, happy you're getting one.
Ruby will keep em all safe :dogsniff:
@SCaprae
 
Three weeks back to work, getting along well with the new normal. Biggest change noted is less strength (difficult to get up from my knees) in my legs. Find myself planning a hand hold to use before kneeling down to help getting up. Oh the golden years. Not much of a complaint, but that's all I have (thankfully).
OH is convalescing, seeing more comfort than last week. Still not a picnic, of course I'm the "biggest source of irritation ". Doing my best.
 
You behave yourself and be a nice caregiver :angel: < like that.
Yes, dear. Whatever you need, hon. Of course, babe. :heehee: Always with a smile too, lol.

Glad to hear your return to work is going well. You're right on the golden years, we're getting there and that may be coming into play with getting up from kneeling. It sounds like life is falling back into place. I couldn't be any happier for you!

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday and week.
@SCaprae
 
Your legs were put on hold for so long it's no wonder they are still weak.
I try to find a hand hold when getting up from kneeling too just for stability.
You sound as if you are doing well..hope you rest Sometime between back to work and seeing about wife!
Keep trying...:heehee:
 
Well....how about a five month update? Happy Five Month Anniversary!!!
I hope you're happy and where you want to be.
How are the nursing duties coming along. Hopefully your SO is doing well.
Electrician by day, Nurse by night, lol.
Leave an update when you're feeling up to it.
@SCaprae
 
My how time flys, 5 months already. Doing well being back at work. Have decided a recommendation that should be added for those facing thr : a comfortable (as in old friends) pair of shoes that give proper support & comfort (and have not been used while favoring the left or right side) and are easy to put on & take off. Had a taste of plantar fasciitis because I didn't upon returning to work. That's behind now. SO is doing better, but I probably will not be asked to fill the caregiver roll in the future: I did suggest at the beginning to line up someone more suited for part of the recovery but then what do I know. Also know the difference between a "model" patient & a bitter, unappreciative patient. Enough of that.

Given the choice, I would repeat the revision process, though I would not wish it on anyone. Just thankful that the medical community could help. Talked w/ Mayo a couple days ago about continuing discomfort/ pain in right femur & they tell me it's normal and will subside in 6-8 month& take more Tylenol (daily guidelines being reduced to 3000 mg/ day) & come back in a year unless it becomes more severe. Also stopped oral antibiotics even though they kept being refilled (glitch in their system). I guess that time is needed to give the infection time to "blossom" if is going to. Good to be alive!
 
It is important to wear shoes that don't have the old wear pattern of the deteriorating hip.
Sorry you had to deal with painful annoyance of plantar fasciitis. Good to hear it's resolved.

Assuming you're done with anti-biotics then unless infection returns, is that right?
Curious about what they recommend for you with dental visits if you don't mind me asking.
The protocol on that is so wide ranging. Glad to hear SO is doing better.
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@SCaprae
 
Prior to any Dental work I am still to take 4-500mg amoxicillin (no change since the initial thr in 2010) 1/2 hour before appointment. This will continue as long as I do.
You are correct, no antibiotics unless the infection returns or prescribed for something else. Today Ruby is receiving a bath, she actually enjoys the process & fussing about. No concrete plans other than some prep work for digging in a new natural gas line to the garage for the ceiling mounted heater (was ready last fall, but I was not). The heater will give me a break from having to cut/handle as much firewood. Keeping the wood stove, but it's no longer the only choice. Ruby & I will enjoy the fire after she has her "spa day" & watch the race.
 
Back out in the garage for races and Bloody's with squeaky clean, Ruby :doggie:
Thinking you have a recliner out there too....for the races :what:
Or, maybe that was just when the neighbor was spoiling you with his, while in your early days of recovery.
You. Need. One.
Hope you have fun!
@SCaprae
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom