Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Wonderful update!
Well deserved progress. May it only get better.
I hope you have a nice Sunday and a great week.
Did your sister have her knee surgery yet?
@SCaprae
 
Reporting in from Bear Camp 2018. Picked & established 3 promising locations, feeling good about our chances.
My fellow ODIC members will be glad to know that I am still "one of them". Not too much, but did find my limits. It is not quite time to hike to the overlook on Bear, Bean lakes, but rode atv 50 miles yesterday and another 20 today. Put it back onto the trailer & homeward bound tomorrow early.
 
Love riding on the ATV...one of my favorite things.
Wonderful getaway!
Glad you are home hopefully no worse for the wear?
Keep it easy this weekend...rest up @SCaprae !
 
Look at you scoping out spots for bear hunting!
So great you're comfortable enough to engage in all it involves.
Sorry to hear you're in the ODIC. Was it from the 50 miles on the atv, or a compilation of the drive up there
and everything else involved? So you're back there then in a couple weeks right? It isn't hunting season until September I thought...If so, you'll have a few weeks to rest and behave yourself :sleep: :ice: :thumb:
@SCaprae

Great your sis is doing well! :yay:
 
I have become more aware of the price extracted by the ODIC club & stop at the first sign. The atv riding (accumulated bouncing) resulted in several muscle groups reporting in, I modified my activity level accordingly. 4.5 hrs into the shutdown & all is well.
 
I'll bet bouncing around would cause discomfort at the time and later.
Rest, ice :sleep: :ice: and behaving yourself always seems to work.
Have a nice Sunday and a great week!
@SCaprae
 
Yes. Behave!
Glad you are taking a bit of a respite.
It never hurts until we stop:umm:
Assume the position!:ice:
 
Glad to hear surgery went well! I can so relate to the first night home being rough! My boyfriend and I screamed at each other for I think the first 4 days just out of fear, exhaustion and being overwhelmed. It’s a hard adjustment from Hospital where there was support and in my case at least, more pain meds to ease the hurting. Home was tough learning to maneuver, realizing I was more dependent on people than I like. It gets better and I think a lot of it is just learning to accept what is. Hang in there
 
:wave: Hope you're having a good week and feeling better after
your bouncing romp in the woods.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@SCaprae
 
This is a photo of 1 of the bear that has been frequenting 1 site . Things are going well, have been at work updating our site utility maps. Actually looking forward to returning to work full time on 9/10/18
[Bonesmart.org] Life After SCaprae
 
Very cool photo! Thanks for sharing.
Great news you're handling work well and even better news that you're looking forward to returning to work.
Your recovery must be going really well.
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@SCaprae
 
Wow...big bear.
Please do care going back to work!
Don't want you confined to the garage this winter!
 
@SCaprae I have spent the last couple of hours re reading your story, mine is very similar Im just behind your progress,but hope to catch up soon, have started a 2nd batch of 6 week Ivs, but no thought of a new hip until at least February! Infection started last August and all the spacer proceedure, new hip January, dislocated 13 weeks post op and again 2 weeks later, needed open reduction where infection was still found staph and proteous, copious amounts of discharge from wound necesited removal of new hip zand here i am again. Its reassuring to read how far you have come and that you are infection free, there is suggestion i will be on suppresive antibs for life and maybe infection will never be completely eradicated, however, you are a good example, if you can do it so will I!! i am crutches non weight bearring on spacer leg til February I acje all over, but lots better to come and its great having lunches out and starting to live again!! Good luckx
 
My heart goes out to you. The only mantra that I kept coming back to is "1 foot in front of the other gets you where you need to go" and " progress can only be seen by looking backwards ".
Long term antibiotics/ there are worse things. I was fortunate to tolerate them since the first revision in 2013 & am still on them (was surprise when the pharmacy filled them again and checked). By determined & that will give you strength. I found a lot of comfort from this site and am willing to give back.
Up at bear camp & am just enjoying being outside and to have the opportunity.
 
:goodpost:
That's what I love about BoneSmart. People helping people. Complete strangers willing to share a
kind word or offer words of encouragement along with some advice. Your story has been inspiring @SCaprae
and your willingness to share your journey and to help another.....heartwarming.
Stay safe in the Northwoods and good luck hunting. Hope you have a blast! Pun intended.
 
Hoping you are enjoying every moment, @SCaprae
You deserve it!
 
How's all going in your world? Hope you're taking it easy with the atv if you're still hunting.
Are the leaves changing in the Northwoods yet? Some of the prettiest color I've ever seen in those parts
at the end of September.
Wishing you a good week....is it back to work week?
Hope the hip is feeling as it should.
@SCaprae
 
So glad to hear you’re out and having fun! Awesome bear pic!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom