Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Thinking they want Infectious diseases to weigh in. May be related to or contributed to falling(sharp pain when bearing weight unexpectedly). Will see what tomorrow brings. They will also check placement w/X-rays.
I bought a lottery ticket after talking w/ them.
 
:fingersx: :prayer: Please keep us posted.
 
Heard back from Mayo. Will be going in Thursday for Labs, X-ray, examination and possible aspiration(provided the first 3 warrant it). Am told that symptoms described can be attributed to mechanical issues/healing from the surgeries, they want to examine/talk w/ me to be sure drawing a culture is necessary (and reassure me).
Had lunch w/ coworkers (fresh fish, elk burger& bean casserole, salad & I brought fresh salsa). Was very good. Stopped & got my Menards fix, knocked out my list and home for a safety meeting w/ neighbor when he gets home.
 
Oh my stars...:unsure:I don't like this news.
I mean rather safe than sorry...to know what is going on, but know I'm sending all the best mojo straight your way!!!:beg:
 
Last edited:
Hi there,
Aside from some blood draws and examination, hopefully a whole lot of reassuring is all that goes on.
Things have been going so well you need to stay on that trajectory. I know no one wants that more than you. I hope your able to stay busy as a distraction. I'll bet you enjoyed lunch with the co-workers and I think a safety meeting is in order with your neighbor. Sounds nice and....safe :heehee:
Have some laughs. It does a body good :beer:
Stay in touch...you know we're rooting for you.
@SCaprae
 
Hi :wave:
Wondering if there was any improvement in the pain over the weekend?
Hopefully it's no worse.
Will be thinking of you as you await Thursday. I hope that day brings reassurance that all is well.
Wishing you a great day!
@SCaprae
 
Knowing that an appointment is scheduled has eased anxiety a bit (power of suggestion), symptoms are no worse. Quiet, warm weekend, w/o any issues.
 
:fingersx: for reassurance at appointment...hopefully just hyper extension from your mishap!
I had one of those this weekend where I practically did a split as one wet shoe hit vinyl floor ...skinned knees, grin ache, and bruised pride!
I'm not known for my grace!:umm:
 
Thinking of you this morning as you prepare for your appointment at Mayo on Thursday.
Hoping the pain has eased some.
Prayers for answers tomorrow and reassurance all is well.
Please let us know how it goes.
@SCaprae
 
:wave:Hope today goes well.
I also want you to get some reassurance.
Keep the faith!
 
Best of luck today.
Hope you leave the Mayo feeling relieved.
Safe travels to and from.
@SCaprae
 
Appointment went well. X-rays,labs & consult all support the care teams conclusion that I have accelerated their expected recovery time by a couple months(at the expense of increased pain). They fully expected me to be on crutches (have been using a cane for several weeks), tell me that it may be up to a year before fully regaining movement (pain free)and strength & that it's normal for revisions as invasive as this was. Great news!!!
This was all news to me, suspect that I was not told all of this to keep from becoming a hypochondriac & making it so. Thanks for your support.
 
:happydance:Happy Dance! :happydance:
Such wonderful news. Best I've heard all day.
You must feel so relieved, I'm very happy for you.
Now don't get overly confident and end up in the ODIC :no-fin:
You've got a good thing going. May it only get better and better! :yahoo:
@SCaprae
 
:wowspring:Wonderful news.
Made my evening!
Onward and upward!:egypdance:
 
What a difference 24 hours can make, from dwelling on the worst to thinking about returning to work. Have less skepticism than yesterday, but still cautious. As for the ODIC club, being an " intermittent " member does appear to have helped advance recovery a bit. Just thinking out loud.
 
I get it! I can only imagine what a relief it was to wake today without feeling like a black cloud was hanging over your head :blackcloud:The drive to Mayo, the pokes, the anxiety in waiting for results and answers. It's all behind you!

Hey, it's Friday night, I'm sure all feels well with the world.
I think that calls for a celebratory safety meeting :cheers:

Please continue to be cautious. Hearing you're ahead of schedule is great news. Don't blow it.
ODIC is full, they don't want you. Stay away!

May it only get better and better...

@SCaprae
 
Had a good (quiet) weekend. Re-read my slip from Mayo visit. They tentatively have me returning to work on or about 9/10/18. Will be doing more walking and stretches in preparation for that. We will give it a "go" & see where it leads.
 
Glad you had a nice weekend! I'll bet better than the last few with the reassurance you received last week.
Hopefully you feel ready to go back to work in 6-7 weeks. I would imagine you'll be feeling even stronger by then. Thanks for the continued updates. Following your journey has been interesting. May it only get better moving forward.
Wishing you a great week!
@SCaprae
 
Pretty soon you'll be doing this..:chuckmarch: like me.
Hope your week is a Good Good Week.:)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom