Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

This morning was lightning, 3/4" of rain from 8:00-2:00. Now is hot & humid. Have been taking it easy and feels good(I could get used to this if I let myself). Mostly just muscle related discomfort & getting stronger each day.
Will meet w/ HR Monday and go over some paperwork (will be on a 3 month intermittent leave/ able to go in & attend meetings & offer insight on several multi year projects. Get paid some & not mess w/ my long term disability insurance) regarding the end of my leave of absence, Dr orders for sedentary type work only,restrictions till after next appointments are completed. Race starts at 6:00.

Same crappy weather here. I can deal with most with the exception of feeling like I'm entering a swamp
if I walk outdoors. I do not like humidity.

It's really good to hear how well you're doing. Mireille finished her antibiotics yesterday and picc line removed. She's celebrating a little tonight. I know you understand that elation. Fractured only has a week to go, then the two week wait. I'll bet you're thankful those days are in the rear view.

Enjoy NASCAR and the rest of the weekend!
@SCaprae

Will meet w/ HR Monday and go over some paperwork (will be on a 3 month intermittent leave/ able to go in & attend meetings & offer insight on several multi year projects. Get paid some & not mess w/ my long term disability insurance) regarding the end of my leave of absence, Dr orders for sedentary type work only,restrictions till after next appointments are completed.
That actually sounds like a great plan.
So happy things are looking up.
You are the epitome of patience and stoicism in my book.
Do you ever get frustrated?
Very glad for you:egypdance:

Good luck to the others who are reaching milestones!
Yes, frustration & a lack of patience are part of the daily grind (that's why getting an early start is so important) We all do our best, keep our best face "on" & there's no substitute for determination.

Cooler & a bit damp today. Is a good day for paying dues to the ODIC, but the invisible fence is now installed. Now only final connections and orientation remain & the dues are not too much. Actually feeling good. The pressure/pain from the pelvis is declining and getting better by the day. Errands to run along with several other appointments.

:no-fin: Somebody was bad :bignono:
It sounds like your stay may be short. Hopefully errands and appointments don't keep you in the ODIC.
If it were me, I'd ice afterward.....just sayin :ice:
I hope your day is a good one :) :-) (:
@SCaprae

So nice to accomplish something, I bet.
I hope you don't have too much distress from the activity.
Onward....Finally!:yahoo:

Hello, Happy Thursday to you!
How has your week been? Any big weekend plans?
Hope today is good. Hope you're doing well.
@SCaprae

This has been a good week. Spending more & more time on my feel w/ minimal issues. Not much in the way of safety meetings, but working on various projects in the Garage and making progress.
No real weekend plans, will take what comes. It is obvious that PT will be necessary after follow-up appointment ( can lift leg only about 6" w/o helping it & thigh & calf muscles "complain" about being used) but prepared. Will continue to ask them to do more as I can. Rainy weather is putting a damper on things.

Hi :wave:
I'm glad you're having a good week. It's been a long time coming.
I'll bet it feels good to tackle things you were probably wishing you could get done weeks ago.
You're lucky, you have most of the Summer left and you'll only get stronger with each passing week!
Hope you get the issues worked out with PT...without any visits to the ODIC :)
I feel a safety meeting coming on soon :beer: something tells me it won't be long...
@SCaprae

Rain , rain, go away..
Glad to hear you are looking forward.
My guess, after all you've been through, is you will get all issues resolved AND by summers end...hoping you are golden.
Glad you have let us be a part of your journey!:tada:

Hope you had a good weekend.
I'll bet you're feeling stronger everyday. I think the temptation is greater
to push ones self when the weather is nice enough to be outside.
Especially in our part of the world. Hope you're taking it slow.
Wishing you a great week!
@SCaprae

I am getting better at identifying the entry point to the ODIC, also respecting that. Have resigned myself to the fact that there has been some muscular atrophy (pointed out by an RN friend) that I am working with. Watched the race in Sonoma (road Coarses are a bit boring), worked w/ the neighbor rehabbing his trailer (well, I watched more than helped) and he is now more proficient with my wire feed welder than I. Has been a good day & taking it easy.

Good morning.:mcoffee: Waiting on the last burp of the coffee maker and waiting for the birds to wake up.
I , too, love mornings.
Good to hear you are doing well and are attuned to when enough is enough. You've had such a journey and it sounds like baby steps are going to be necessary in order not to overstress that leg which has been on hiatus.
Hope today is another good day!

In preparation for our heat wave, I hand washed my truck yesterday & am somewhat stiff (as opposed to sore) this morning. But it's nice to see it clean & shining in the drive when I fetched the paper this morning. Coffee is ready, birds are up and the "puddle " looks like a mirror with the sun rising. It is yet another good day!

I guess one good thing about being forced to slow down...is we take the time to see the simple beautiful things around us.
When I was delegated to my porch recovery..nature was my soother.

Happy to hear you are able to do more, and things are getting better.
The light at the end of the tunnel continues to brighten.:tada:

Your happiness and gratitude shine through your words.
Its heartwarming to get that sense after all you've been through.

I'll bet you are stiff after washing your truck. You're curious about that ODIC, aren't you?
Just want to take a couple steps in to see what it's like for, yourself :heehee:
Good weather to ice any stiffness, if you need to.

I'm dreading the heat and humidity! Especially tomorrow. I have to attend an outdoor graduation party Ugh!
Do you put your boat in that puddle on weekends...like the one we're in for? Or do you hate to be at the
mercy of the baking sun?

I have my one yr hip Anniversary appt with the OS later this morning. I'm excited and nervous, feels like a first date, lol.

Have a good one....stay cool!
@SCaprae

Took a tumble in the front room yesterday courtesy of Ruby(German Sheppard-8 months old) and Grey Kitty ( befriended outdoor cat). Was letting the cat in & holding Ruby's collar (they are friends, but play "chase"), was taken off balance & went down. No significant injuries, but left thumb took the worst (swollen second & third joints) with more stiffness in hips/legs than washing the truck. Taking it easy, icing with a new appreciation of the cautions about falling that care team echoed during/after procedure. Looking forward to a "quiet" day.

What are we going to do with you?!! :heehee:
Thankfully you're okay. Just left a message on another's thread who fell
yesterday. She mentioned she was "glad she got it over with", in the sense
that you can survive a fall, it doesn't have to be worst case scenario.
It has to scare the "you know what" out of you though.
I'd imagine it's an adrenaline rush as you get up hoping there's no pain.

A quiet day is what you need. May even turn into a quiet weekend.
Keep that ice in rotation. It does a body good!!
Keep us posted :)
@SCaprae

You are I think the 3rd or 4th person on the forum this week that has reported falling down and going boom!:umm:
It is totally against the rules, so knock it off!:bignono:

Glad no major damage done, but yeah...take it easy today!:yes:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks