Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

We have to get you a new user name...want that thing gone.:badspidy:
 
Yes, yes please!
Distance yourself from the adversity :blackcloud:
You've turned over a new leaf :ok:
You're born anew :yes:
Your boo boo is gone :yay:
Your misery is over :happydance:

You're no longer attached to "that" :)
Life is full of promise :yes!: and safety meetings! :cheers:
@SCaprae
 
Moving around better and intentionally doing a bit more each day while "listening" to my body. Making progress though slow but steady.
Had a new experience today though: riding the garden tractor w/ legs not parallel to each other & "yipes" mustle cramps in both hip areas. Obviously more slow exercise needed for those mustles(the left has been the workhorse thru this though) but still a surprise. Better each day.
 
Advice need to change my name. Not sure how to initiate.
 
You're doing really well, taking it slow and listening to your body.
I've heard of others experiencing muscle cramps. Hopefully the cramping was an isolated incident
If they continue, consider Magnesium Glycinate.
It's supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)
An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I've also heard of drinking 4-6 oz of Q-Tonic which is a water that contains quinine.
Some of the waters do not contain quinine but quinine flavoring instead.

As far as changing your thread title you can either attempt it yourself -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/changing-your-thread-title.26369/

Or leave the new title here and a mod will change it for you.

A restful evening to you!
@SCaprae
 
Not sure if user name can be changed? I would leave thread title as it is something that will be of interest to someone with the same circumstance.
 
Last edited:
At a loss to make the change. Would like it to reflect " After Scaprae Infection" or something to that effect.
 
Hi there, I hope you're having a good day!

Moving Beyond SCaprae
Surviving SCaprae
Life After SCaprae
Triumphing Over SCaprae
My Journey With SCaprae

Just a few suggestions, maybe others will have some.
@SCaprae
 
I'm leaning toward life after Scaprea. Thanks!
 
Okie Dokie,
"Life after SCaprae" is what it is.
A moderator will change it for you.
@SCaprae
 
Now that IS encouraging!
:loveshwr:love it.
 
Happy Sunday!
How's it going? You've been quiet. Hope all continues to improve.
NASCAR today?
@SCaprae
 
Yes, things are going well. Watched the rain shortened race (Michigan) . Have been using muscles as I spend more time on them, much more flexibility and strength to be regained. Up & waiting for the coffee.
 
The best part of my day:mcoffee:.
The first cup of coffee and listening to the birds wake up.
So glad you are getting more mobile...
Definitely a process, but for as long as you have been dealing with this...I'm sure I'm not telling you anything.
Hope today is a Good Day!:tada:
 
You sure get up at the crack of midnight!
Too bad about the race. Oh well, can't control nature.
Glad to hear you're doing well. So excited for you! :yay: :happydance: :dancy:
Hope your week is good.
@SCaprae
 
Actually have been "prowling" around in the wee hours, not sleeping too well. Feeling "pressure /aching" in lower rear pelvis area. What I believe to be the screws used to secure new cup into place. Not a problem when up & about, enough to prevent deep sleep. Appointment at Mayo is not yet scheduled, but sent them a note Friday afternoon as employers HR Dept want info as my leave of absence expires the 26th. Am about a week and a half from 6 week milestone. Waiting for their reply.
 
Oh my stars...I know I haven't had to deal with anything like what you have endured to get this infection seen about...but I do remember not being able to lie down and get comfortable enough to sleep.:gaah:
I night prowled...I configured every bed and piece of furniture with different pillow arrangements, you name it, and even tried to overmedicate a few times JUST to get some much needed rest.
I even thought about velcroing myself to the wall and putting a stopper by my feet as being up felt better than the pressure laying down.
I guess thats when I realized that, yea...sleep deprivation can make you a little buggy!:umm:
 
Hi again,
I'm sorry. Hate that you're struggling. Night wandering is no fun.
Seems like we always think the worst things too, while alone in the dark.
Wonder if you'd want, Josephine, the forum Nurse to weigh in?
Fifty+ yrs in Orthopedics. She's good at reading x-rays. Something to consider....
@SCaprae
 
These are the most current/post op X-rays, though not a good view of all of the screws

[Bonesmart.org] Life After SCaprae
 
Great! I'll tag @Josephine for you and she will read your post and look at your x-rays.
She may have a few questions. Please check back periodically, Jo is in the U.K.
@SCaprae
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom