Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Does sound like good news for no infection.:ok:
I probably would call if cultures were back and negative specifically anyway just for peace of mind!

It's been raining here on and off for a week. We needed it, but these thunderstorms make pickups for the Food Bank miserable.
Hope your day is sunny:SUNsmile:
 
:wave:
Wondering how you're doing today? Hopefully the pain and vertigo are lessening.
I'll bet you're getting pretty bored about now...
Hope your day is pleasant!
@SCaprae
 
Today is a better day than yesterday. Couldn't sleep anymore, went to the garage, got some air and any feeling better. Will.continue to rest, manage pain and recover. This trip has been the least pleasant of all so far, but turning the corner.
 
Sorry you're having a rough go of it. Glad you're feeling better.
I hope today is good.
@SCaprae
 
While bored this afternoon I took advantage of pain control & worked (very gently) on mobility /stretching my right leg. Started by laying flat on front and back, completely straightening leg (began as I was trying to find a comfortable position). Gentle but deep massage of thigh muscles. Was surprised by increased positions that are now comfortable (for a while). Progress is happening.
 
:loveshwr:glad you are feeling some better...hope your day is a Good Day
 
Yay for progress! I agree that boredom does set in.
Time to get out your crochet and knitting needles :heehee:
Kidding aside, what's on the agenda to ease the boredom? Sit outside and soak in some rays?
I believe we share the same weather and it looks like a perfect day is on tap. I hope yours is good!
@SCaprae
 
Watched NASCAR last night, will take your advice & take in some outside air and sunshine this afternoon
 
Hopefully you got outside for a bit yesterday.
I recall it lifted my spirits to feel the sun and hear the birds chirping.
Did those unpleasant symptoms you were experiencing go away?
I hope you have a good week.
@SCaprae
 
Yes the sunshine , fresh air were "good medicine". Do feel as if I have turned the corner so to speak, discomfort/pain greatly diminished & more manageable each day. No necessary to utilize full quantity of prescribed meds. Getting by w/ tramadol & Tylenol - no oxy for a couple days. By no means pain free, but definitely managed. Fought the urge to get on the lawnmower (just too soon), am in the debt if my good neighbor (4 cuttings so far with at least a couple more to come). Attitude improving as healing takes place, have sent request for explanation of pathology results via patient portal (read the report, want to interpit it correctly). From what I see - no infection! Explanation will confirm or not. Good day.
 
Please don't get on that lawnmower yet.
I'm sure your neighbor doesn't mind and I'm guessing you'll find a way to pay him back.
You'd do the same for him I'll bet and I'm sure he knows that.

Great news on decreasing pain and needing less meds. That's always a nice transition to make.
Yay for no infection! Don't forget about the pro-b's to ramp up your immune system. Can't hurt, right?

I'm happy to hear your attitude is improving and that you're no longer screaming, biting and throwing things at people :rotfl: Hahaha!
@SCaprae
 
Today is/has been a fairly good one. Accupuncture, visited w/ co-workers and have had confirmation from medical care team the all of the cultures from surgery came back negative for any infection. That's the best news!! Feeling almost "human" again.
No PT or strength building to occur for another 4 week (6 weeks post-op)to let mustle tissue fully heal/reattach to leg bone, followed by another 6weeks of light activity. Following instructions as I do not want to repeat this process again. Thanks to all for your support.
 
Woohoo! Fantastic news! Super happy for you.
I'll bet that puts a little hop in your limp......
I sense your joy.
You keep coming, we'll keep supporting.
Hope you have a relaxing evening. Something tells me you will..
@SCaprae
 
Hope today is a good day.
Hope you enjoy the weekend. Any special plans? A little grilling maybe?
I have a feeling it's getting close to a mini safety meeting :heehee:
A great weekend to you, whatever you do...
@SCaprae
 
Today was another good one, a lot of picking up&straightening things in the garage. Lawn is cut and we pulled the neighbors boat out of the lake ( he is going to the river tomorrow).Visited w/ my sister and found that she is scheduled for a knee replacement July 2. Encouraged her to visit this site. Fish fry at the local spot tonight.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom