Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

@SCaprae
:egypdance:no infection!!!!
Yay for fish!!!
Bigger than this one I hope!
[Bonesmart.org] Life After SCaprae
 
Thanks for encouraging your sister to visit the site.
Wonderful to hear you're having another good day. May they only get better!
Enjoy the fish fry tonight.
@SCaprae
 
The fish was very good, with pleasant conversation. I told my sister that I had found this site while seeking information prior to my spacer instillation & believe it will help her with questions and jitters.
 
Glad you enjoyed the fish fry and the company. It's nice to get out amongst the living, lol!

BoneSmart will help your sister with her jitters. Lots of support to be found here.
Tell her to check it out. I was a lurker for months reading others stories trying to get up
the courage to schedule a surgery I so desperately needed. I didn't become a member until the night
before my surgery....in a panic! I laughed when I quickly got responses, told hubby it was like magic.
I shook the 8 ball and immediately got consolation, wise words and advice that I took with me that next morning.
All from people who know because they'd been there.

Hope you have a great day!
@SCaprae
 
:wave:Are you grilling out tomorrow?
Not sure what part of country you are in, but we southerners "grill out" while refined folk "barbecue":heehee:
Hope your weekend is FUN!
 
We are having shrimp & crab with grandaught(2 1/2) along with pontoon rides around the puddle. Was a awesome day. I believe I'll grill out as I am not refined ( but house broke).
 
Actually my biggest "annoyance" of late is mobility to be regained and muscles complaining after being rested for so long. Not pushing them, just stretching with light use.
 
"Pontoon rides around the puddle" :heehee: At least you won't get lost! Sounds like a fun day :ok:
Glad you're taking it easy, mobility will come.
Have a good Memorial Day!
@SCaprae
 
It's been a long row you've been hoeing
Sounds like you are doing this very sensibly.:)
Hope others are taking notes..:wink:
 
Had a pleasant day yesterday, ran some errands today. Am gradually spending more time upright (as opposed to reclining w/feet elevated) and muscle groups beginning to get more used to it. Progress is best gauged by looking backwards.
 
About time, I'm sure you feel...oh my stars, what a journey. And did your left one in between all that nonsense with your right.
I'm very glad you are able to get about some.:tada:
 
Just keeps getting better!
I'm excited for you....it's been a long haul.
Warm wishes this Summer brings you nothing but happiness! :)
@SCaprae
 
Up & about some yesterday. Had post op labs done, treated myself to a visit to Cabelas. Walked slowly around the store w/ cane to see how that went and bought another pair of shorts ($12.99 on sale). Went very well, but had some difficulty sleeping through the night as more muscles joined the group that "likes" to complain. Walked it off by going to the mailbox for the local paper while coffee was brewing. Today will be 1 or 2 crutches as needed with a trip to Cosettas to pick up Italian sausage and sauce for Sunday's homemade pizza. Quick, easy meal that is usually done each week. Not going to push too hard.
 
:wave:
Everything is creeping toward good!:yes:
I hope you have a Good weekend.
 
Hi there and Happy Friday!
Hubs loves Cabella's. Gets most of his clothes there.
We used to travel to the Owatonna store until they built one closeby.
Now I never go. Take that back, I go to buy gift certificates for people. That's it!

Love Cossetta's!! Isn't it amazing how that place has evolved? From a tiny
corner market into the behemoth its become. Love the Italian Sausage, their Red and White sauces.
It's all good! Love homemade pizza's too. We do that once in awhile. You just gave me an idea for the weekend.
Thanks!

It's so nice to read how you're progressing and getting around. Well deserved and a long time coming. Hope your lab results are all good.
May it only get better and better and better! Enjoy your weekend and pizza!
@SCaprae
 
Had a very good weekend, accompanied quite a bit with assistance from my good neighbor and friends. Weeding flower beds that never seems to end, is becoming easier each day (do a little at a time) and pays dividends in self esteem. Have been putting off placing the boat lift & speedboat in the water, completed with ease (and 2extra sets of hands) yesterday. Now have a choice when taking a spin on the "puddle". Both boats are far from new, but with a little "tinkering" are fully functional (most everything I have is about 1/2 worn out, but allows me to get satisfaction from making them work). Cut the lawn and assisted with repairs to neighbors dock (replaced all of the wood surface) , spent a couple evenings at the fire pit and just relaxed. Mustle groups returning to use and complaining a bit less as more time spent upright and outside each day(not going to miss daytime television). Errands today along w/Accupuncture appointment.
 
Hi @ SCaprae
The puddle....that always makes me laugh :heehee:
Sounds like you have a great neighbor you'll be beholding to. You're lucky you got a nice one / ones.
You cut the lawn? Wow, you're doing great, just hope you're taking it slow. I know you'll miss daytime tv but hopefully all your activity doesn't land you back in your chair. It does sound like you respect your limitations. Do you do S'mores around the fire pit? Gotta have S'mores....it's a rite of Summer.
Have a good visit with the acupuncturist and a great week. Loved the update!
 
Love to hear that things are staying to move forward...
You have been so patient with your situation (or at least on the forum)
I'm sure you are ready for all to be on the upswing!
Onward and upward:yahoo:
 
Yes, I hate to mention it but I can repeatedly produce the perfect Smore ( expanded golden brown marshmallow accompanied by warm melted Hershey's, w/graham crackers).
Stopped by work & was very pleasantly surprised by their eagerness for return(absence makes the heart grow fonder?). Follow up appointment in a couple weeks, will find out more about PT and limitations at that time.
Finished the neighbors dock & had a brief safety meeting.
 
You mastered the S'more!! Sounds like it, for sure.
Aww, they miss you at work. Heartwarming to know you're loved :loveshwr:
Things are sounding very normal for you these days. It's wonderful to follow.
Safety meetings and all.....Cheers to your new normal! :cheers:

Thanks for sharing. Hope your night is peaceful...
@SCaprae
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom