Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Wonderful news! You're going to fly the coop.:happydance:
You'll rest so much more comfortably at home without the noise and disruptions.
Spacer grinding a hole in your pelvis :holysheep: That sounds awful!

When will you hear about the cultures? Prayers continue on that.

Safe travels home. Stay in touch so we can TRY to keep you in line :no-fin: We'll be the voices in your head :heehee:
@SCaprae
 
Home safe & sound and have the pain under control& hope to stay ahead of it. So far so good.
 
The surgeon will call w/results as soon as they come back. I will also have labs drawn each week for 3 weeks, will be back on cefadroxil (antibiotic) for the next 3 months. Their general feeling is that all (tissue) looked good as if the infection is gone.
 
Praise the Lord! For real. Hopefully the nasty thing has been annihilated.
Prayers will continue. Keep us posted.
Hope your night is peaceful!
 
:yahoo:super news.
I'm so relieved with you.
Hope your weekend is as comfortable as it can be.
 
For having a rough first night after surgery, I am actually feeling/doing very well. Guess the jitters only applied to post op. The new parts are well fixed & can bear weight as I can tolerate it. Watched the sun rise over my lake, always "good medicine ".
 
Great news!
Nature does have a way of grounding / settling us. There's beauty in God's creation.
Wishing you a day of peaceful comfort!
 
Doing well, less swelling than w/ temporary parts. Rear cheek muscles are reporting the most pain from this procedure. Showered up & watching my good neighbor cutting our lawns. Will have a short safety meeting after he is done.
 
Wonderful news on the swelling. I recall the soreness / sensitivity in the rear also.

Umm....safety meeting on day 4 post op? :no-fin: That makes me nervous. Please tell me you're joking....
If not, we may need to hunt you down and have a bonafide safety meeting. "Safety After Total Hip Replacement". :beer: = :bignono:

@SCaprae
 
I had a couple bottles of water, maybe after several more days(w/o heavy meds). Resting with my feet "up".
 
Whew! Saves The Enforcer's a trip :heehee:
Feet up, ice in place, :ice: happy nappy time is the best med for now :yawn: :sleep:
All safety meetings postponed until further notice :yes:
@SCaprae
 
So glad it sounds like you are doing well. Onward....:)
 
Have spent the last 4 days resting and taking it easy. This has been accompanied by localized pain in right thigh, sweats that occur even thinking about moving. No elevated temperature detected and occasional vertigo like symptoms. Waiting for response from the surgical team to the question posed about this.
 
Good Morning,
I imagine it's easy to feel anxious as you journey through recovery, given your past history.
Hopefully you soon get answers that will ease your mind. Wondering if you're getting adequate sleep
as that along with stress could contribute to your symptoms as well as lack of hydration. I hope you're drinking enough water. If you're not icing, please do so. I found it really beneficial for any pain I was experiencing. I hope your unpleasant symptoms soon subside, you get some reassurance from the surgical team and you're comfortable enough to get lots of restorative rest.
Please keep us posted.
@SCaprae
 
Last edited:
Poor body had been through so much.
Also wishing you well and hope all eases soon.
 
Surgical team feels that with no signs (elevated temp,drainage) of obvious infection that pain control is the best path to pursue at present. Have not heard results of cultures, but feel if any had come back (didn't think fast enough to ask) they would've mentioned it while talking. Keeping lines of commutopen & resting.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom