Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

I am so pleased your nearly ready to have your new hip, spacers can be very uncomfortable without you realizing what is causing it, I had to have mine out slightly early after it dislocated and then quickly stayed for new hip. I had almost got to the stage of thinking I could manage permanently
with my spacer until this happened. I so hope all this will become a distant memory and you will slowly go forward safely and me ready for a full happy lifex
 
I love that clodaghcov who posted above. She is the sweetest woman!

How are you doing? Is your surgery still on for next Wednesday?
If so, I'll bet you're getting everything ready for recovery. Sadly you must have that drill down by now.
But....this will be the last time. Let's stay positive :yes!:
Will remember you in prayer....
@SCaprae
 
Yes, surgery is a week from today and I'm ready again. Not as enthusiastic as I once was. Making all the necessary preparations, do fully realize how this is actually in my favor. Have snow removal equipment nearly put away, rebuilt the wheels (installed tonite) in collaboration with my neighbor for his dock. We now have both of ours in, boats next. Watching a pair of Loon just before sunset (they stop for a short while on migration) on the lake.
 
Sounds beautiful...you have a legion of folks sending good vibes your way for your upcoming surgery...including me!:ok:
 
Good Morning,
Certainly don't blame you for the lack of enthusiasm.
But....let's pray this is the ticket, the last time, the success story. Why can't it be....right?

You've been busy. Getting a lot done. If you can safely navigate that dock in your recovery
I'll bet you'll spend some time there. I'm imagining peaceful! Love the sound of loons.

Hope today is good....
@SCaprae
 
Thinking of you @clodaghcov and @Mireille this morning.
You all are in the midst of change. Mireille just underwent her first stage
of revision the other day due to infection and clodaghcov is struggling with a dislocation.
My heart goes out to all three of you.

Any big plans for the weekend? NASCAR still happening? I would imagine a safety meeting
will be called since it may be awhile until the next.

Hope you're doing alright mentally with next steps....
@SCaprae
 
Continuing to get things in order (boat, lawn, flower beds, garage etc) in preparation for downtime after surgery. Have been moving around (slower each day) as much as possible, discomfort/pain have increased & would report for surgery today if possible. Wednesday will be here soon & I am looking forward to having it behind me. Best wishes to those dealing w/ infection/dislocation issues.
NASCAR is at Dover (Monster Mile) this week & will watch from the comfort of recliner in the garage (I make an awesome Bloody Mary -usually on sundays). Pontoon will be tied up (floating mooring system that's home built) at the dock today, cut the lawn yesterday, fertilizer applied a week ago (will get to use lawnmower more). Pulled volunteer tree seedlings from several flower beds, raked (slowly while using 1 crutch) old growth from them as well (I'm sure it was "quite a sight" for neighbors). Today is a new day.
 
Hi there,
You have a lot going on. I'm sorry the pain and discomfort is ramping up. That seems to happen
as we get closer to surgery and has been discussed in the forum many times. I'm sure raking with the crutch may have initiated some interesting conversation for any neighbors who witnessed it. The slackers will be hating on you :heehee: I can hear the woman neighbors, saying to their husbands... "How come you don't get anything done around here...look, the neighbor guy is out there raking with a crutch!" :heehee: Shows you have determination.

A Bloody and a great race may be just what you need after all that work. Some good old R&R for today. You sound resigned and ready to roll. C'mon Wednesday. You know we'll be here, so please keep us posted.
Hope you have a great Sunday and enjoy the race!
@SCaprae
 
Good Morning,
It's almost showtime. I hope you're prepared and ready to roll.
Prayers the infection is gone and this is the last surgery you'll have to endure in relation to this.
Wishing you the best as you move toward tomorrow, surgery and into recovery.
Please update us once you're comfortable enough to do so. We'll be here.
@SCaprae
 
Hope everything is ready to roll and your worry over the last months is coming to fruition, shall be thinking of you.x
 
Thanks. Surgery is late morning tomorrow. Here we go.
 
Thinking of you this morning and wishing you all the best.:) :-) (:
 
Yesterday was a long one. Tissue looked good though samples sent to be cultured. I did have a "rough" night & they have finally gotten ahead with f the pain. Waiting for Doctors to make rounds.
 
:wave:Glad pain finally managed.
Hope everyone is being good to you.

:fingersx: for cultures.
Will be thinking of you today!
 
Wonderful to see your post!
Thankfully surgery is now behind you. It's encouraging to hear the tissue looked good
and that they finally have your pain well managed.
I'll pray on the cultures...it's time to move forward :yes!:
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful day.
@SCaprae
 
Dr's tell me that they got good placement & also were able to equalize leg length. The spacer had slipped some and also "ground" a small hole in the pelvis. This was the source of discomfort that I was experiencing. Actually relieved that this is behind me. Going to stay ahead of the pain this time, instead of cutting back too soon.
 
:ok:
Yay for done and on the way home.
I think that's a good plan...I'm sure you also, albeit not happy about the spacer slipping, glad to know what was causing all that pain.
Hopefully all will be without a hitch this time.
You know we will be cheering you on and cautioning you about over exuberance while this is healing.
We really want you well and back to your life.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom