Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Summer is scheduled for July 5 th this year.
 
It's great you're able to do normal boring things :yawn: Like pushing snow around.
I just heard it's been the snowiest April on record. Enough!
Sunny and the 50's on the weekend, it should all melt then. :happydance:
 
Wishing this course of treatment is the beginning of the end for your long recovery journey.
Hope you get some good weather soon.
 
How's it going, our BoneSmart friend?
I hear birds chirping and the sun is shining with a predicted high of 50.....I'll take it!
You may be able to switch out the snow equipment for lawn equipment soon :happydance:
Hope your week is going well! :SUNsmile:
@SCaprae
 
With the warmer temps & some sun it's easier to be optimistic. Woke the last 2 days w/ what feels like "that old familiar pain" in the right mid leg. Not real severe, but enough to make me hope that it's from overdoing things as opposed to return of the infection. Have contacted orthopedics, waiting for a response. Can hear it now "stay off of it". Appointment is in a week or so & will continue to take it easy (no more brake jobs on a Honda Pilot/ but it had to be done). Ready to swap the snowblower for the mower deck.
 
Behave...no more brake jobs and stay off it.:heehee: Feel better when I say it?
You know when you've done to much and I know you have mostly done well about hurrying up and waiting.
Try to give it some extra TLC this weekend.
:curtsey:
 
Hope you're feeling better and the pain is lessening, or gone.
I can see how your mind would go to the bad place. I'm sure I'd do the same.
Did you hear back from orthopedics?

Hope all goes well with your appt in a week.
Enjoy the day!
@SCaprae
 
A couple days rest & things have settled down. Orthopedics says to rest it. Watching the race being quiet
 
Great. Good job on practicing patience. :ok:
The payoff will be huge.
Wishing you all the best!:tada:
 
Glad it's easing.
Assuming there's no race today if you were watching it yesterday...
Wishing you a good week!
@SCaprae
 
Have been taking things easy, but still experiencing increasing pain mid femur (very similar to pre surgery). Have sent this info to Orthopedics, waiting for their response. Next appointment is in a little over a week, will see what they recommend.
 
I know that is worrisome.
Hope all is still on the mend!
 
I'm so sorry! I would imagine it's troubling.
Let's hope there is a logical explanation, or that it stops hurting.
Please keep us updated. We'll be here for support.
A peaceful day to you.
@SCaprae
 
Good Morning,
Wondering if you heard back from orthopedics?
I suppose with an appt in sight they'll just want you to hang until then...
Hope the pain is easing some.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend.
@SCaprae
 
Just talked w/ Orthopedics, they have tentatively scheduled the next surgery for 5/9(day after appointment). Their thoughts are that the temp spacer (being non-permanent) is more than likely "moving" and causing the pain that I'm experiencing. Not really ready to do this again, but there aren't any other options. Going to busy myself preparing for it.
 
I'm sorry you're not feeling ready for this.
If memory serves, the plan was to replace the spacer with the permanent prosthetic after three months, which will be at the time of your appt and scheduled surgery.
Assuming you want the spacer in longer to deliver more antibiotic? And because no one looks forward to surgery and recovery. Is that it? It would be difficult to feel optimistic given all you've been through over the past seven and a half years. Let's just hope this time is the last. That the infection has been eradicated never to return.
Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind as you move toward May 9th.
@SCaprae
 
Mainly I was taken by surprise at the timing & had (for the moment) lost sight of the objective. Also had a "dose" of pre-op jitters along w/ thoughts of the first 36 hrs after. Got my mind right now.
 
Such an up and down journey you've had...will be thinking of you.
As you said, not much choice and it's time...even if you aren't ready.
Sending the best healing mojo your way, friend.:) :-) (:
 
Happy Saturday :wave:@SCaprae
I'ts great to hear you are ready to move forward. That was a quick turnaround!
My surrender looked more like this :swoon: :bawl: :beg::bawl::tantrum2: :bawl: :tantrum: :boohoo::beg:

Who doesn't have pre op jitters? If someone told me they didn't, I'd think they were lying.
You'll get through this. Look...you have all of us to boss you around and try to keep you in line.
You're going to do great!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom