Guest viewing is limited

TKR Leg Bruising<<

Second LTKA December 13th. So Mid February maybe?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
First LTKA second TKA since October


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
That would put you back to work at 8 weeks. I'd think mid March would be better for the left knee. You can use the right to drive, but the left knee could still have some swelling without being elevated at 8 weeks. I went back to work part time at 12 weeks and it was difficult. Every afternoon I came home to rest, elevate and ice.
 
I still had quite a bit of energy drain at 12 weeks. Sometimes I'd ice in the car driving home, but I'd get home and have to put toes above nose to get the swelling down.
 
Yes. I have to go back as quickly as possible but I am invested in being as good as I can.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
On October 16, in your first post you said this
I had RTKA on Tuesday
I worked that out to be October 11, 2016. Was I wrong?
Second LTKA December 13th. So Mid February maybe?
So when are you having the other knee done? Is is December 13 or February something?
I ask because I will update your signature.
 
RTKA October 11, 2016. LTKA December 13th


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Pre op was yesterday. Getting nervous again.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Perfectly normal. I was surprised I could even sleep the week before.
 
Well 5 days till knee number 2.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
So far so good. Day 2 and 1st PT session down.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Here are the recovery reading articles again for you, as a refresher:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you. exercise only gently
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Energy drain for TKRs

Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Activity progression for TKRs
Heel slides and how to do them

Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it

Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?
 
I'm glad everything went well! Staff probably thinks you're an old pro!
 
Got home today and so far everything is going well. I had to have a pint of blood before I could leave. That made me a little nervous.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I'm glad that you are home after knee number 2! I hope you can get some sleep tonight. Next year at this time you won't even be thinking about your knees any more.
 
Not your first rodeo, you know to stay on top of the meds, sleep whenever you can, ice, and elevate. Hoping for a pain free night!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom