DAY 28--One Month Anniversary!!!
Thanks to everyone for putting up with my pity party a couple of days ago. I find that my mood definitely goes up/down every 2-3 days like a gentle roller coaster. At least it's not severe highs and lows, and I'm positive it has to do with boredom and not leaving the house in 4 weeks. I had a friend bring dinner this afternoon, and she hung around for almost 4 hours. It was a great visit, as she works full-time, and we haven't had this much time to catch up in years. It's usually in 5-minute spurts here and there, so this was nice. I am convinced the conversation is a big mood-booster. I'm also pretty sure some of my grumpiness comes from having
way too much togetherness with my son & husband. My husband has worked 1 out of 6 days, and I'm ready to have the TV back to myself.
As for not feeling well, I waited a while to post to see if I was over it. Sure enough, all symptoms are gone. No signs of knee infection either, and there never were. I was just freaking out a little.

My back still bugs me a bit, but sleeping in bed again every night has made a world of difference. This couch is coming to the end of its days, and I won't miss it when this recovery is over.
In other "Kne(ews)"......
1) Knee swelling is the same, but that's okay. The pain is better, and I've successfully cut the afternoon & evening tramadol doses by half. I'm still taking the full 1000 mgs Tylenol 3X a day though. I tried cutting all 3 tramadol doses by half, and that wasn't pleasant
at all. I only needed 1 oxy 5 for break-through pain yesterday and again tonight, which is a huge improvement! My friend that came over is a hospital pharmacist, and she reminded me not to feel guilty about still needing the occasional break-through Oxy 5. Something about pain meds working in different ways, and how staggering the 2 meds means the oxy 5 will work better when one DOES take it... regardless, I'm consuming less pain meds all around, as the leg in definitely feeling better. I find I need less medication, but what I OD need has to be scheduled appropriately. I was 3 hours overdue when my friend left tonight, and I was really starting to hurt by that point.
2) I'm still using the ROM Tech bike once or twice a day, but I never finish the full session. I'm mentioning this in case anyone else comes along and does a search about this

piece of equipment. The last resistance section of 4 minutes is hard on my knee and my whole body, so I'm not doing it. I can tell my entire lower body is responding to the motion though, and I do think the very light resistance section has helped bring my hip back online for walking. I've been able to take more steps without the walker, but I practice walking without it if I'm in the kitchen at the island/refrigerator and have something to hold on to, just in case I get off balance....or in the bathroom. A little of this each day is helping quite a bit.
3) I'm just being 100% honest and transparent--- I've not done any PT exercises except the occasional quad sets and short arc quads---no certain number of reps or sets...just a little here/there, mostly to see what I can/can't do. I was giving my body until tomorrow before I tried something more structured, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm avoiding anything that sets me back, especially with swelling.
4) I've also been bad about elevating "toes above nose" the last 2-3 days. It cooled off here significantly, and staying warm while elevating and sleeping in the bed is a major pain with shifting covers, 2 cats, plus a broad-shouldered, blanket-stealing husband.

The lounge doctor ends up on the floor and I use a pillow instead, which means I lose a lot of overnight time when I was elevating significantly 4-5 hours per night. We put the flannel sheets on last night, so tonight should be better.
5) Almost forgot----shin pain and skin sensitivity---Both are better but now just act up in waves, and everything feels dialed down a notch. It seemed to happen almost instantly Tuesday morning/afternoon.
Ok- off to sleep in my warm bed with my flannel sheets---
and the Lounge Dr!!! I hope everyone is doing well, and I will catch up on other threads in the morning. I'll definitely be awake because there will be 4 guys pounding on the side of my kitchen all day---30 feet away from my nesting couch!!
