TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ellen @NetballKnees

You indeed brightened my day when I opened my IPad this morning and saw your post:SUNsmile:.

I agree with you about "The Rock" and his smile is warm and genuine and such a contrast to the normal image of a body builder/wrestler. Goes to show, never judge a book by its cover. He can be your hunk.

You and others on BS know that a TKR is more than the surgery.
It is truly an emotional roller coaster, that brings us on a scary journey and we never know what's around the next bend.

I'm taking it one day at a time, my Flexion is still at 105. I would like it to be up to 120 eventually.
But, realise that it may take a long time or maybe this is as good as it gets.

Extension is 5/6 and may never get to 0, as leg/knee has been bent for several years and ligaments & muscles seem to "like" to be bent and work against being straight.

It is what it is and I am accepting that.

Like you, there are many things that I can do now, and many things that I want to do.
It's step by step each day.

Being back at the gym next week will be good for your recovery, just getting back to some of our pre-knee problem activities is good for the spirit.

So good to hear from you, and hope that your knee and you become more comfortable each day.
May today be good for you, may tomorrow bring more comfort and may the future be bright for you.

Take care and hugs:) :) :)
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Cathie @marmora What is all this hunk passing? And who decided that George is a hunk? I'm thinking more of an butt. Oh well, I'm one less person you have to negotiate with! Hehehe

I have sure missed everyone and keeping up with what's going on. I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with your numbers. However, you know they will get better! The doc put me on more steroids last week, so my knee is feeling much better. I finished them Monday evening, so the knee is starting to stiffen just a little bit again. It is my hope that I can be well enough by the first of the week to get back to the gym again. Please pray that happens. This is the sickest I have been in a very long time. I feel fortunate to have stayed out of the hospital. Add to that my Mom and, well, life has not been a bowl of cherries.

Hang in there! Mary
 
@marmora I also like Owen Wilson wondering how he has stayed single for so long . Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary @wolf woman
Holly @lavender

Send your request for a hunk to Jackie @tiredwife

Apparently, she and Steve have a laboratory where they create the "hunks".
It all started when she gave Laurie @madinana a hunk to help her around the house.
I've gotten Owen Wilson, as I wanted someone blond, blue eyed and single.

So far, he has been very useful sweeping leaves in the garden and cleaning in the house. :heehee:
Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary @wolf woman

Although you haven't been posting, you have been in my thoughts.
The last few weeks must have been very emotional and energy draining for you.
As an only child the loss of your mother creates a special ache in the heart.

Your bronchial difficulties have also taken their toll on your health and have been very energy zapping, and at the same time recovery from a TKR. You have been through so very much in a short space of time.

May the Memorial Service for your Mother provide solace for your heart.

Wishing you better days ahead,
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora Not only will Owen Wilson be nice to have around but he will also be great as he will keep you laughing and keep everything lighthearted. Thankyou for your post about my camera how long it has been lost and as you said my Dad was trying to help me along my search pictures of him still on the camera and so happy to have them. I believe he has been with me all along the way since he died and for all my life to. My husband is so much like him very kind and thoughtful and sometimes the way he smiles feel like my Dad is smiling along with him they are so much alike in some ways a look of total contentment my Dad had the same look . He has a heart of gold that is never ending.

I almost closed the little cupboard door after taking out the phone books thinking I would hput them back after I had finished with them and had forgotten that I had some really nice cross stitch books there as well. Pushing my husbands large book to the other side of the cupboard and then reaching past where it was what made me do this as I have look for my camera here before and never thought it could have fallen that far back . Wondering what made me think of reaching in before I closed it as it appeared to be empty.

My camera had fallen behind the cross stitch books and was pushed right to the back thinking that at first I had found the game pieces that were in there that went to a puzzle game book but so excited that the result was my little camera. I forgot so many things during my surgery time and had even forgot that my husband had bought me a case for my camera during that time and brought it home for me. I kept seeing my camera sitting in something dark colored in behind a black pocket kept looking for it and now realizing the dark thing it was sitting behind was the elastic that holds it from falling out of its case.

It almost feels like it was trying to steer me in its path and how strange how it all took place. It is things like this that make me believe so much in the many magical things in life. And that when you truly love some one they never really leave you even if it is in the memories of how much being loved that much they stay in your heart forever. Some people think this way of looking at things may seem spooky but hoping he knows and sees just how much loosing him this way has made me hope he is still around me somewhere and knowing he is. Holly
 
Hi @marmora Happy Halloween trying out one of the emoticons that @tiredwife sent me and hope it works and thanks again tired wife for letting me share some of your emoticons had trouble figuiring out how to use them but think I understand now
[Bonesmart.org] Left TKR on 17 July
Holly
 
@marmora If you have windows you can right click on the internet emblem and open a new tab, type what you want followed by the word emoticon. Find a picture you want right click on it and click on copy. Go back to the page you want to put it on, right click again and hit paste. Somewhere on new knee in June's thread I have instructions with pictures. If you don't have windows I'm not much help!
 
Janet @gr82cu2 Jackie @tiredwife

Thank you for helping me.
Almost exclusively I use my IPad each day and rarely use the computer.

Unfortunately, I don't have Windows, but will try the link that Janet came me.

Modern technology is still a bit of a mystery to me.

Cathie
 
Hi @marmora I Understand what you mean still finding my way around on some of the things I try to do with our computer and then after a little while of experimenting sometimes it just happens. @tired wife sent me some really nice emoticons for Halloween and for the past few weeks I have tried but kept getting lost at post one of them on my thread. Thanks again tiredwife for sending them to me appreciated. Yesterday I thought it would be nice to send one back to her so I just right clicked on the little emoticon selected the option save image which came up after clicking on the emotican as it sent the emoticon to my pictures files and then just had to click on the one i wanted to use after push upload a file button and now they seem to be saved on the area where my pictures are. Most of the time after finding the way to work it out I forget how I did it and then have to find the way over again. Tired wife uses the emoticons in her posts so she would have a better idea for how she does it but that is how it worked for me. Holly
 
hi @tiredwife I remember the days when we had our little family. Sleeping very carefully as they all liked to sleep on our bed other then our youngest little female Katie who had trouble getting up on the bed. Woke up in funny positions trying to make sure that they did not get hurt. Elizabeth liked to go down under the covers and Oscar slept beside us and Emily at the end of the bed so it could get a little tricky with all us there together but loved them. Our Christmas tree looked very original during those days as they liked to re decorate it and by the end of the Christmas time most of the ornaments were at the top so this was when we started to use home made ornaments so that they would not get cut on the glass ones. Fun days look back with such wonderful memories of all of our little fluffy babies and now as our tree stays the way it started out miss them they made it all so much fun. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom