TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure can relate. I have an appointment with my hairdresser on the 24th, which will be my 4-week post-surgery gift to myself. Continue pampering yourselves girls, because we deserve it after what we go through with these darn joints.
 
Hello all, @ConnieJOS @gr82cu2 @madinana @tiredwife @lavender @Nana moon 27 @chestnc @Ellejay @Jane B. @ylayai3 @Minnie's knees @dogwheels @happymum @H2OPoloMom @Pumpkln
@DianeJ @hopefaith
@wolf woman and others that I have unintentionally forgotten


It's 10:30 am in Dublin, I had a lazy start to my day, though husband was out of the house at 8:00 am for golf.

Our good friends left at 1:00 am last night and there are several empty wine bottles ready to take to the bottle recycling bank. Don't worry they took a taxi to/from our house.

Heading out now for a windy walk along Sandymount Strand to blow the cobwebs away and get the Sunday Papers and laze for the afternoon.

Eldest son calling over for late lunch about 2:00 pm, when DH home from Golf.
Nothing to prepare, as the lunch will be based an salad and left overs from last night.

My knee is feeling more normal each day, still some stiffness at times and less and less need for pain medication.
Mentally, feeling positive that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's getting brighter each day.

Have 1-1 PT tomorrow afternoon and will have her measure the ROM.

Know that numbers aren't the only check of progress, but still would like to see what mine are at this stage.

Wishing you all comfort today,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora Love your new picture and I am so happy you have turned the corner. Your dinner sounds lovely and it is so nice that you are able to get back to a lot of your normal activities. I hope you get the numbers you would like to see on your ROM tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day.
 
Sounds like heaven, except for the cooking part!

We had our grandson for a few hours yesterday. My daughter in law had to write reports for work. He's graduated from trucks to balls, and we went outside and played soccer. I think I can keep up with an 19 month old, kicking back and forth, even with a robotic knee. (Said the president of the ODIC!)
 
Hi @marmora I noticed that you changed your avatar and it looks really nice. It is nice your son is coming for lunch with you and nice to spend time with him. Missing our walks weather has been very rainy but going to day for a walk looks like it is nice out hope you enjoyed your walk too. Nice to get out and back to doing some of the things that you have missed and remembering how nice it was to get back to driving and then on our own to go out for time doing a few things we had missed while staying at home. Hope your visit with the pt goes good tomorrow and that you have a wonderful day. Holly
 
Hello lady in yellow @ Marmora, Cath
Hope this greets you well and happy. I am so glad you are feeling better, I am too. I'm going to see the OS in a few weeks in Perth and have X-rays done. Im still going to pool every second day, exercise bike everyday and I'm getting up to 15 mins a session on the bike.
Your weekend sounds lovely.
Take care,
Love Deb
 
Hi @marmora
I love your posts! You cheer me up no end. I have a real,soft spot for Ireland, being of Irish heritage.
Yourposts no only give a very optimistic but real diary of your progress and capture a great picture in words of your day to day life. Thanks!
 
@marmora
Hi Cathie, I don't know why I didn't get an alert, I see you tagged me in an earlier post, luckily I just popped in to say hello anyway. I do like your new avatar, you are looking very good.
I'm so pleased that you are feeling happier with your knee now, it feels so good to start to get back to normal again. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to know your Rom even though we know that the number itself is not important. I used to love the PT giving me the latest measurement, it was good to feel I'd made a tiny bit of progress. Good luck with the PT tomorrow, do let us all know how you get on.
 
Hi @Ellejay
Sitting on the couch watching The X Factor Results show.

Hi Janet @gr82cu2
I agree that "jinx" feeling can still be there in the back of my mind, after having a few good days.

Kathy @Minnie's knees - you're on countdown till your TKR and hope that you were able to relax and enjoy this weekend.

Hi Maeve @Maeve
You're probably in dreamland down under, just wanted to say thanks for popping in.

Hi Deb @happymum
Glad to hear that you are also doing well. Would love the pool every second day - bliss !

@LeeMarie hello and I see that you are less than 3 weeks your TKR.
Hope that you're comfortable and There is light at the end of the tunnel !
It does take patience and also the support of all on BoneSmart.
Enjoy your hairdressers ' appointment

@lavender- with diabetes we have to make life adjustments and that can take time.
Luckily milk doesn't effect my blood sugar levels as I have a decaffeinated coffee made with milk each day after dinner.

Connie @ConnieJOS
Wouldn't trust myself with scissors

Jackie @tiredwife
Not taking the good days for granted, as there can still be not so good days ahead.

Laurie @madinana
Wow ! The 20th October is nearly here. Best and warm wishes for your RTKR.

Jane @Jane B. hope that you and your dachshunds had a lovely walk.

@yiayia3 it was a good evening with good friends, good food, good wine and most important great laughter !

Take care,
Cathie
 
Wow...you sound like your recovery is coming along nicely! We are both July 2014 replacements. I only felt this past weekend that I am going to recover. Your posts are inspiring!


July 14th, 2014 Left Total Knee Replacement
 
Why do I think that you never sleep, Cathie? Do you normally have insomnia? All of my husband's siblings have the exact same sleep patterns, and they aren't good!

I hope your recovery is coming along.

You are so kind to others, I wish the best for you.
 
Hi Jane @Jane B.

I love my sleep on my silk pillows- great to keep the hair in place and ? prevent/ stop facial wrinkles.
Or so said the salesperson when I bought them in China a few years ago.:chillpill:

It was last night that I was awake until 1:30 am.(as was Ann @Nana moon 27).

After being housebound for a few days due to a heavy cold, I went to play Bridge on Wednesday evening 7:15 - 10:30 pm and then went down to the bar with my Bridge partner (her husband is an OS - but not mine) and had a Diet 7-up and a few others joined us and it was after midnight when we left the Club.

After 3 plus hours of playing Bridge, (we play on and take no breaks during play). I find it hard for my brain and mind to settle down.so those nights find it hard to fall asleep.

So came home, read a bit of the paper and then looked at the posts on BS and decided to answer them.

Usually in bed for 11:00 most nights and then before falling asleep catch up on emails till the eyes get sleepy, then lights out and deeply sleep for 3-4 hours, up for toilet and back again until about 7/8 am.

Recovery going ok. Leg and knee a bit stiff as I wasn't walking the last few days.
But,walked this morning to The Village and met a friend for coffee. And will head out again now to post some letters.

Going to a Bridge Lesson tonight, it's part of a ten week course for advanced play - but, parts of the course are definitely too advanced for me.

This is a holiday weekend in Ireland and most people are off on Monday.

Also a member of a Wine Club and Friday is our first meeting for the year, the Club meets monthly until April.

Tomorrow, we will have a talk by a wine expert/importer and then taste 8 different wines each accompanied with a small portion of matching food (half glasses of wine).
The wines are from Southern France and today we were sent the Tasting Notes to study- not to worry, it's one test you can't fail !

Part of the frustration is that mentally I feel good and ready for anything, but the knee is still not there yet. But, PATIENCE is my motto and I know that recovery can be slow, it still frustrates me at times that I can't do all that I would like.

Hope that you and your dachshunds are enjoying your daily walks. Love the look of that breed, their faces have so much personality.

Take care off to study some of my notes for tonight.

Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie & Laurie
@tiredwife @madinana

I must be one of the few women in the world who never "got" Brad Pitt.
I did like him in Meet Joe Black - one of my favourite films with/without Brad.

Thinking more of an Owen Wilson type -or better yet -Owen Wilson. :loveshwr:

Laurie,@madinana I will donate Brad to your "Juan" collection.
Brad can fill in on Juan's day off.

Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora as you wish!
[Bonesmart.org] Left TKR on 17 July
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom