TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marmora your Irish breakfast sounds delicious, thanks for sharing. I have never tried black pudding but would love to if I am ever fortunate enough to visit Ireland. Hope you have a great day.
 
Hello Kathy @Minnie's knees

You're also invited to an Irish Breakfast when your recovery, but it needs several weeks post- op before anyone's stomach could handle it.

Let me know if you want tea or coffee with your breakfast . :curtsey:

Take care,
Cathie
 
We used to watch Jamie Oliver and my husband began making "bangers and mash". Not good for the waistline if you aren't working in the fields all day!

Your breakfast sounds delicious. I'll be there with bells on, except maybe for the black and white puddings...
 
Hi Jane @Jane B.

Just keep thinking that the black or white pudding is just a very flat sausage and you'll be o.k.

Cathie
 
Hi @marmora Thanks for explaining your Irish breakfast. It sounds so good not sure about the black and white never had this love the sausage and eggs and stuff. Your shredded wheat breakfast sounds like the breakfast I have many days like shredded wheat to eat and sometimes add some yogurt miss drinking milk though and until we go out for breakfast this is what I eat many mornings to. The restaurant we go to offers a choice of toasts and the one that I like when we go out is the rye toast they have it is brown and white swirled rye toast and so good with peanut butter. They offer what ever type of eggs you like bacon or sausage and 3 types of potatoes . I like the cubes brosted ones that are wonderful to dip into the egg yolk and then tea as well to so good and of course they also add a little cup of beans. Enough to last till supper they only charge $4.00 for this and then a stamp which when you collect 5 your next breakfast is free. Holly
 
Hi Holly @lavender
Just in from palaying Bridge and catching up on posts before heading to bed.
Always have to have some down time after Bridge, as the mind is still working and needs time to settle before sleep.

Your breakfast at the restaurant sounds very "yummy" and great value at $4.00 .

Is there some reason why you can't or don't drink milk anymore ?
And are you getting your calcium from tablets or another food group, important to maintain bone health.

Take care, the kettel has just come to a boil and going to make a cup of camomile tea as a bedtime relaxer.

Cathie
 
@marmora have pleasant dream and good night sleep I am ready for bed its a little early I cleaned real good today and don't tell @tiredwife if she knew I ODIC she would be yelling. So took nice hot hot shower
 
Mmmmm camomile tea! I think I'll make a cup here in a bit. I really enjoy a hot cup of tea when the weather is cold. In the summer, not so much. But, it is cold here and I've been freezing all day. Yes, I'm too cheap to turn on the heat, haha! Have a good and restful night Cathie. Sweet dreams :sleeep:
 
Hi Janet @gr82cu2

Had a very good sleep until 2:30 up for toilet trip and then back to sleep until 7:00 am, when husband gets up for work. No pain what so ever when sleeping or in bed these days- what a relief !

But, leg & knee very stiff when first waking in the morning and need to do heel slides, bending, etc before getting out of bed. But, eases out after walking for a few minutes.

Heading out for my morning walk and going to a Golf Society Dinner and Fashion Show tonight. The society are playing this morning starting at 8:15 am and then the dinner and prize giving tonight. There will be 38 women, so lots of laughs and good Craic will be had.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Good news @marmora it's so nice when you can sleep through the night,I had the morning stiffness for a long time still do now and again maybe laying flat all night,not sure,anyway your evening sounds fun enjoy the Craic x
 
Hello @yiayia3

Glad that you understand what the "Craic" means - have has to explain it to our BoneSmart friends in the USA.

Yes, think that it is from sleeping longer periods, as when I was waking up more often during the night, I was having more movement and that probably prevents the stiffness.

I lay on my non surgical side and my LTKR leg on top and slightly bent, I think that this is called "the fencing sleep position". It comfortable for sleeping, but stiffness is the morning result.

Ah week, the life of the post TKR is full of surprises, ups and downs and we have to accept it all.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Do you take any narcotics at this point, Cathie? I do think they help us sleep better, but I am so tired of them. I only take them when I'm in pain-pain, not when I have simple discomfort. My husband asked me how my night was, which means, "Why were you tossing and turning and moaning so much last night and waking me up?"
 
Hi Jane @Jane B.

Here trying to complete Travel Insurance forms for two cancelled trips due to my TKR, one to Spain and the other to Luxembourg. And then paperwork to change our TV cable company - needs must, but not too thrilling.

Taking a break from paperwork, so looking at BoneSmart posts.

Off all narcotics including Codeine about 3 weeks now, just taking Tylenol or Panadol as it's called here.
Now down to 2 in the morning after breakfast and maybe two later in the evening or at bedtime. But, one or two days recently, not needed.

Have discomfort rather than pain and can cope with that.

Moved back into our bedroom on Sunday night and sleeping soundly until about 2:30-3:30 for a toilet trip and then back to sleep again until about 7:00/7:30 when husband is getting up for work.

But, I stay in bed doing some stretches, as knee & leg stiff until about 8:00 am

Really feel that I turned a corner last week and don't know why, knee almost without pain, feeling more flexible and walking outside without my one cane. But, do carry it with me and occasionally use it for my return walking journey.

Never thought, I see this improvement and was getting despondent and suddenly all changed.

Now, don't know if this is just a coincidence, but start rings using a heating pad around the knee before going to bed and maybe if I'm resting or just watching TV during the day. The heat is so comforting. It was suggested by my PT to alternate heat with the icing.

Take care and keep the faith and there is light at the end of the long and sometimes dark tunnel.

Cathie
 
Hello all,

After a stormy and rainy Friday, the sun is suing in Dublin.

Having friends over tonight and my first at home post TKR entertaining.

Was out every night except last Monday; twice for dinner & twice to play Bridege and feeling fine, knee a little stiff at the end each night.
But, feeling like more of my old self.

Tonight will be relieing on 'Delia Smith's Chicken Basque', it will just be four of us, two husbands & two wives.
Keeping the rest simple with a cold starter, fresh strawberries & cream for dessert and cheese board to follow.

Have changed my BoneSmart avatar, as finally got to hairdressers today after three months / last visit was the day before surgery on 16 July 2014.

Dashing now to prepare the dinner.
Will check in with others later,

Take care,
Cathie
 
You look great! I know the feeling of seeing the hair dresser after 3 months. What a relief that was!! I'm so happy you seem to have permanently turned a corner for the better. You've had a very active week and still going strong. Enjoy! Whenever I have a "good" day I'm a little hesitant to say something for fear I will jinx myself, LOL!
 
Nice pic, Marmora! Glad you are having people for dinner tonight, simple things like a nice dinner help to normalize things. And a haircut, to boot! I have a box of hair color to apply, as the last time I did so was just before surgery. Roots run in my family!
I did my walk this morning and took the dachshunds for the first time. It was not very enjoyable, as they do no care a wink about my stride.
 
@marmora Your new hair cut looks nice! I haven't been to a hairdresser in probably more than 10 years. I've been cutting my own hair for years. It's a little tricky doing the back, but I seem to be happier with my own cut than I was when I had it done. And it's really quick, don't have to go anywhere and wait.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom