Guest viewing is limited

TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Holly @lavender

Haven't seen any of your posts for awhile and hope that you are alright.
Thinking of you and your lovely park.

Cathie
 
@marmora,
Cathie,
We've had a much better day than we expected, quite sunny and bright all day, but I think we are in for more rain tonight.
I hope you enjoyed your lunch time meet with your friend, have a good night, chat soon xxx
Lyn
 
Hi @marmora

Cathie, I thought I pop across and pay you a visit. How is your knee doing? Xxxx you're always asking after everyone else, so I thought it high time I asked you for a change xxxx

All my love and best wishes :flwrysmile:

Love Ann
Xxxxxxxxxx
 
Good afternoon Ann @Nana moon 27

You're always welcome to pop across and pay a visit.

As you've asked, knee is slowly getting better and I've been told by my PT and OS that "Patience" must be my mantra.

I'm on week 11 post op and my Flexion is now about 100-150 with a push and Extension is at 6 - 8.
Gets stiff after little exercise or walking, but working though that.

Going to the therapy pool after lunch today and find that very comforting with the warm water and makes exercise much easier.

Take care and hope that you are comfortable,
Cathie
 
Ooh @marmora that pool sounds divine x x x x I'm glad that you are doing okay. Remember that stiffness is a form of pain too and if you need a little more pain relief and though you've been cutting down, just take it. Don't get yourself into pain you can't get on top of. That is the worst thing ever. I've been there and it's the pits.

Cathie, you're doing wonderfully well and should be proud of yourself x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
@tiredwife @madinana @gr82cu2 @chestnc @Jozilla @wolf woman @Ellejay @dogwheels @Minnie's knees @lavender @amber777 @Yorkimom @happymum @msmechanic58 @Quasi @DogLoverx3 @NetballKnees @Nana moon 27 @hopefaith @kneeper @Celle @IrishMike @Reebok @TexasTee @martyz4 @Chihuahuan @Judlepip @bball78 @H2OPoloMom @ConnieJOS @yiayia3 @Pumpkln @jul @Jane B. @busylizzie @busymum @new knee in June
And I'm sure that there is someone I've forgotten - so sorry.

Been awhile since I've posted on my own site, so here is a brief update at week 12/13 post op.
Unexpectedly, on Wednesday knee started to 'feel' more Flexion. A small measurable degree, but I can feel a difference and it has lifted my spirits.

Have been alternating using a heating pad on the front and back of the knee twice a day for about 15-20 minutes and still icing and elevating. The heating pad may have nothing to do with it, but it was something that my PT suggested about 2 weeks ago to help increase circulation and hopefully the circulation will decrease the swelling.

Have gone for short walks without my cane, and felt comfortable and will increase the distance. But, like to still carry the cane, in case I feel that I need it.

Joined the local YMCA and going there to use the stationary bike, cross trainer and bosu balance ball and some of the upper body equipment.

Still going to the therapy pool one afternoon per week and have 1-1 PT very Monday. But, changing it to once very two weeks.

Have traveled alone on a bus into town and on the commuter train, just conscious of people getting close to my knee! The cane comes in handy, as it is a sign that I need more personal space.

Must say that there is a glimmer of light at the end of the recovery tunnel now at week 12.
And I know that it is possible to have a step or two backward, so not too get too overly confident.
But, working on keeping and improving the level that I'm at now.


:chillpill: Sleep Over
My husband has gone on a golfing weekend and as they say in Ireland , "there's a free gaff".
(Translation: parents away and house is free of adults, so teenagers usually have an unimproved party or
have people over.)

Tonight my Club is having a Gourmet Evening starting with a Procescco and Canapé reception followed by a four course meal with a different glass of wine to accompany each course, "Yummy" !

I have invited two of my good friends to go with me. :loveshwr:

We worked together for many years and have had many laughs and tears with accompanying shoulders to cry on over that time.

Two of us have retired and one still working.
We still meet at least once/twice a month and sometimes it can be once a week and have been on weekends away.

We will drive to the Club and then taxi back to my house and have a girlie sleep over with lots of giggles and cups of tea at that point. Sleep in late on Saturday and then out for breakfast and then they'll set off for home in the afternoon.

So, may not be reading posts or responding until Sunday.

May need the ice for the head and not the knee tonight ! :groan:

Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Left TKR on 17 July
@marmora, sure sounds like a lot of fun and a great recovery road side trip. Have a wonderful time!
 
Cathie, good for you! Your weekend plans sound so fun :) I really, really, really hope your flexion continues to improve and not be so bothersome. You've convinced me to ask Michelle today about alternating some heat with the ice. Have a great time this weekend Cathie. You deserve it!
 
Cathie @marmora
Your weekend plans sound awesome!

It's thanksgiving in Canada this weekend so I'm cooking a turkey and pumpkin pies! Mmmmmmm

I will need to pace myself and take a chair in the kitchen but it will be ok.

So happy your extension is improving, gives me hope for mine.

Have Fun
Trish



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow @mamora, sounds great to me. You so deserve it. Enjoy yourself with your girlfriends. Regardless of our age I think we just need to let loose sometimes and enjoy ourselves. Life is just too short. Have a great time and let us know how it went. Hope your knee feels well. Enjoy.. Enjoy... Enjoy.... :yes!: :yay:
 
@marmora Hi Cathie! Great news on the flexion. You are doing awesome!! I completely understand about your hubby going on a golfing trip and it's your turn to have a good time. It love a Joe dearly, but I love it when he is on a golf trip. It's like your time is your time and you can do whatever. Not that I can't do what I want when he's here, but it's just different.
Enjoy your girls weekend...you surely deserve it!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. Talk to you soon. Anne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom