TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathie,
Glad to hear you have positive reports from your Professors!
You are still early in your recovery, this can be very trying on our patience,
:elevate: when what we want to be doing is this :biking::fasthorse::walking::realing::running:
 
Cathie @marmora

I remembered that he was from Cork after I had sent the message - it is Munster's 1st win in Dublin since 2008 so your husband must be very happy especially living in the Lion's Den!

Enjoy your relaxing evening

Mike
 
@busylizzie

Thank you for your post and diabetes does have it's up & downs.
But, as you say you can in lots of cases be more in control than you can with a TKR.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@marmora glad all is well, it is easier for those around you to see your progress than for you to see it. Those you don't see as often are even better at seeing your progress.
 
Cathie @marmora
Girlfriend! You had me soooo worried! Thanks for the update! Super glad you had some good reports. I am on the fly as our weather is turning very cold and all my plants are still outside! We have a frost advisory for tonight.

It's difficult not to be jealous of you watching Downton Abbey. I am addicted to it as well as Mr. Slefridge. Suppose I will just have to wait.....

Again, great to hear from you!

Mary
 
Hi Mary @wolf woman

I have to wait for the new Grey's Anatomy until January 2015 !

We are also scheduled to have our first frost sometime this week, but all my bedding plants and hanging basket are winter bedding plants that we put in a few weeks ago, so they should survive the winter.

It never gets too cold a few days of below zero and maybe 1-2 days of light snow around January, but because it rains so much in the winter and gets below or near to zero at night, lots of ice on the footpaths and roads in the early morning, and that can be dangerous.

Also Love Mr. Selfridge and next time I go to London I will go into the shop with a completely different feeling.

Take care and value your friendship and concern,
Cathie
 
OK, let's talk TV!

We watched Spiral, a French cop show, on Netflix. It's a bit visually harsh, and that gets some getting used to. (dead bodies of the victims) But it is really well done, and we loved it. We especially liked the judge with the great hair.

The last season has been seen in Great Britain, but it is not yet available in the US.

I watched Grey's Anatomy for the first few seasons, and loved it. Downton is just so beautifully done. I watched Happy Valley and didn't recognize O'Brien!

I tried watching TV again last night. I thought that watching a movie would be very nice. For some reason it still makes me very impatient and cranky! That's just odd. I've been reading, instead.
 
Hi Cathie! So happy to hear that all is well with you. I feel very reassured with your OS's words bahaha! Since we are very close in op times and I have swelling and very similar ROM, he could be talking to me also! Just joking :)
So glad that you are doing just fine. I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow and I am very keen to show him my new knee. I am taking my post op scan of hematoma and bursa to show him. I wonder if they are still impeding my recovery?
Will finish here but hope this week brings you joy.
Love Deb
 
Hi Deb @happymum

Really good to hear from you and our similar post op stories with ROM.
The hematoma could be hindering your ROM.

Let me know what your Rheumatologist says to you tomorrow.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Hello Jane @Jane B.

Watching telly & reading the papers and magazines is about all my mind & brain can handle at the moment.
Haven't got Netflix yet, we keep talking about it, but haven't gotten around to inquiring about setting it up.

I'm in 2 book clubs but, won't be going to the October meetings, usually do a lot of my reading at night after dinner.

The October books are 'The Sleepwalkers' by Christopher Clark and 'Banchester Towers' by Antony Trollope.
Both are too heavy for me at the moment.

We have one telly in the house and compromise on what and when to watch.
My husband is also more interested in reading and we spend most of our evenings reading in the family room.

I like CSI Las Vegas and MidSummer Murders, don't like my crime too violent.
Many years ago I was a nurse so the blood & gore don't bothers me.
Maybe that's why I like Greys Anatomy and was also an ER fan years ago.

Going now to finish preparing Sunday Dinner - Chicken & Spicy Chorizo Bake with roasted vegatables and herbed baby potatoes, as my two sons will be joining us.

When it's only Des and I during the week, it is usually a simpler meal.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@marmora that dinner sounds delicious, do enjoy. I'm so glad all went well at your appointments the other day, the whole recovery deal takes so much patience, but you will get there and it us so worthwhile. Because my left knee us now so bad I am constantly reminded of how my right knee was before the operation, and now there is very little I can't do, just getting out of the bath is difficult now.
 
I'm pleased you have some good doctors who are staying on top of things.
 
Hello all,

Well the Irish weather really took off yesterday evening and all through the night.

Near hurricane force winds and heavy heavy rain form about 8 pm, trees and branches down, commuter trains cancelled and some roads closed.

My patio garden is filled with leaves and husband said he will sweep them up when he gets home tonight.

Think the rain has made my knee and leg extra stiff this morning and hope after a hot shower that it will ease out. It is really the stiffness that is more uncomfortable, doesn't require pain medication- but just very limiting in what I can do.

Meeting a friend for soup and chat at 1:00 and then physio at 2:30.
Will take a walk after my shower and then a bit of icing and elevating before heading out.

May all of you have a comfortable day,

Take care,
Cathie
 
Good morning @marmora,
What a night!
Here in Devon we suffered that terrible storm too, but we are just in our small touring caravan, so what with the heavy rain on the roof and the wind buffeting us all night we didn't get much sleep. Luckily we have all services laid on, so we don't have to go outside for water or to empty out drainage, and the shower in the van is huge, so we are self contained. It is now quite sunny, but I think the bad weather will return.
Enjoy your chat with your friend, it always helps to take our minds off this long slow recovery and I hope the PT session goes well. I am trying to convince my husband to take me into the local town to see the market there, he hates markets, but I love them. I'll report later on whether I got there or not (I suspect I will :yes: )
 
Good Evening Lyn @Ellejay

I agree, oh what a night.
You and your husband had a real adventure with the heavy rain & wind and it always seems to be worse in the dark of the night.

This afternoon was bright & sunny, but with a definite drop in the temperature. Hope that the Drvom weather was the same.

More rain scheduled for tonight, hope it's not too bad where you are.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom