TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gr82cu2

Hi Janet,
Sorry to hear that your hands are still sore.
Hopefully the hot, hot, hot weather won't effect them.

Looks like it was about to rain all day, but nothing as of yet, probably later tonight.

Have a good weekend,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@tiredwife

Hello Jackie & Steve,

New Balance Walking shoes, Clarkes, Propets, Ricker, Sketchers, Earth shoes, Georgia Women's walking shoes and Reebok's motorcycle shoe boots !

We should send copies of all these posts to the shoe companies, as we are giving them free advertising and maybe they'll send all the BoneSmartess free shoes !!!!

Cathie
 
@marmora
Hi Cathie, I wanted to pop in on your thread. You are always so kind to visit mine. All this talk of shoes....I hadn't even thought to ask about shoes. It is true. A lot of the shoes I used to wear don't work. I will look at a couple of the ideas above. I love to wear boots in the autumn/winter. I wonder if there are any that will work. I haven't tried on a couple pairs that I have.
Was your walk nice? I need to go do that.
~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith

Walk was lovely, weather warm and meet a few neighbours along the way.
Got the Friday paper and will read that in bed tonight.

Good luck on the boot shopping !

Take care and thanks for stopping by, you're always welcome

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Cathie ... thought I would pop in and say "hi". I used to do that stair lunge exercise with the last knee, but only once I went back to work. I would go into the stairwell and do it. Of course, every time I did it, it seemed like the entire workforce wanted to walk up and down the stairs at the same time, so I was constantly chanting "Don't worry - just loosening the knee". I don't have any steps in the house to do them here.

I was thinking of doing hydrotherapy this time, but not sure if I will need to wait until the 6 week check-up to get clearance to go into a public water area.

Thanks for visiting my thread by the way ... I really appreciate the visits.

Take Cathie ... Sending Aussie hugs ... Ellen
 
@NetballKnees

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for stopping by and the Aussie hugs }}}} Irish hugs to you !!!

Don't know if I told you, but I lived & worked in Sydney for a little over a year in the mid-1970's / showing my age.

And two of my three sons have also lived & worked in Sydney in the last few years and visited them and saw lots of changes.

I had to wait to get the OS clearance at 6 weeks and will start on Tuesday.

Take care and feel free to visit anytime.

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Thought I'd chime in on the shoes topic. Long ago I had to ditch nice shoes for more sensible shoes. Even after my RTKR in December 2012, I still couldn't stand to wear anything but comfortable shoes. My right knee would flare up. Now that I've just had my left knee done, I don't plan on changing my shoes. I do have "cute" comfortable shoes though LOL. Abeos make some decent shoes. They're by the Walking Company. I really need thickness between the ball of my foot and the floor. Plus I need really good arch support and can't wear any shoes that don't have removable arches. It's so frustrating! But I've learned to deal with it. I'd rather be comfortable than miserable.
 
@marmora @NetballKnees Can I throw an US hug or two in there? Hope you are both having a great afternoon or evening as the case may be.

@Lauramacky I never can find cute shoes that fit my little short wide feet, I have very high arches too.
 
@tiredwife I used to wear such cute shoes. I guess I tolerated the lousy arch support just so my feet could look cute. But no more. Now I spend a fortune on good shoes because there aren't that many cute ones that look descent!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@marmora sad to say but oh so true now. I just wish more effort were put into making comfortable shoes look cute. It's gotten better, but still.... Just because I have crummy knees doesn't mean I don't want to look cute!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello,

Lazy start to my day, had a banana & cup of chamomile tea while propped up in bed listening to classical music and catching up on BoneSmart posts (and 8 am pain meds).

Looking out at the sunshine and ready to get up and start my day officially - husband away since last Thursday and will be back on Tuesday/Wednesday.

This afternoon my eldest son who recently moved back to Dublin from NYC is calling by around tea time and my youngest son who arrived back from nearly 3 weeks trekking around Sri Lanka is also calling over - if the jet lag doesn't hit him and he doesn't get up until Monday for work. The two lads haven't seen each other,so a mini family reunion.

Middle son and wife will be over in Dublin in two weeks for a friend's wedding. So, all three boys in the same country at the same time is always very special !

Pain wise doing o.k. after my first day changing from Tylex to Solpadeine.
Take it one day at a time.

Think that knee Flexion is slowly improving, but looking at my profile in the mirror , can see that extension has not.

The TKR knee is still quite bent, so will lie on stomach with 2.5 lb/ 1.1 kg ankle wrights a few times today' to help lengthen out ligaments at back of leg.

Have my 1-1 PT tomorrow afternoon and will ask for more extension improving exercises to do at home.

Going to gat up now and enjoy the Irish sunshine, as it is a rare and sometimes elusive happening.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Cathie, I'm so happy for you to be able to have your sons together. Even though our sons live only a few miles apart and only a few miles from us we are hardly ever able to all be together at the same time because of their crazy work schedules. I love it when I get to see them together. It warms my heart. Have a great day!
 
@marmora Cathie, Sounds like you have your day all figured out. Steve woke up with his knee aching, probably from walking the grocery store yesterday, so I think it will be a lazy day for us again today. Best of luck on your extension. For most it is hard to achieve. Steve's 1st knee still doesn't stay at 0.
 
Hi Cathie,
I'm glad the new pain meds are working out for you so far. :) I was thinking about you.
How lovely for you to have all your sons in the one spot, enjoy.
Yay more extension for you yippee! Not for me yet though. Keep working on the extension. Onwards we go.
Take care and have a lovely week x
 
Hello Cathie :)

Glad to hear all three boys will be in one spot at the same time. It must be very special for you!

Yum bananas!!! They are my favorite and watermelon and apples are a close second lol.

Glad you got your meds sorted out. It's a never ending battle in the beginning. I'm still dealing with it too.

I'm really tired today so I'm just kicking back watching sports and movies today, oh and working on my blogs.

Have a good rest of the day.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lovely afternoon in the garden lunching with my two sons ( 33 and 27), the younger one had returned from Sri Lanka on Saturday so he had great tales to tell and photos to share.

My third son lives in Norway and he'd sent us a text that he was about to start a 10 kilometre race and wished he was with us instead - but he and his wife will be back 18- 21 September.

So three lads in the same country at the same time ! :yahoo:

The lads helped clean up and after reading the Sunday Papers left to go back to their own places.

So, on the couch the UK X-Factor on in the background and time to catch up on BoneSmart posts.

So, yes it was a lovely day. My husband will be back tomorrow evening again a big :yay:

Mary @happymum pain meds so, so find that need extra icing today to compensate for the decrease in pain medication strength.

Tomorrow, as Scarlet O'Hare said, " is another day".

Cathie
 
Hello Laura,

I love a kick off your shoes and chill day every once on awhile !

Glad that you are enjoying your kick back Sunday.

Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom