TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jozilla & @lavender

Janet & Holly,

Best and warm wishes Janet for your LTKR on Monday / your second TKR.

Holly, best wishes for a comfortable procedure for your Cortisone injection and hope that it helps until you get a date for your TKR.

@IrishMike
Best Wishes for your LTKR on Tuesday / your second TKR.

Every good wish for all of you for your recovery.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Enjoy having all 3 sons home! Sounds like a fun time for the whole family! Those are the times I live for. Sweet dreams my Irish twin!

Xoxoxo
Johanna
 
@marmora well I wasn't exactly enjoying my day I spent a lot of it crying

I'm glad you had a fun day. At least someone did!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@marmora @gr82cu2 @tiredwife @madinana @Jozilla Good morning bonesmarties. I never thought about shoes being different after surgery or what to wear for PT. I planned to take my Mary Jane crocs for the hospital. I don't normally wear tennis shoes as they make my bad knee hurt. I wear flats all the time. I can't wear even a small heel. Guess I need to go shoe shopping to find something for PT as I don't own any tennis.
 
Hi Cathie ... @marmora ... I hope the icing is helping with the decrease in meds. I am on my last day's supply of Endone and my GP won't authorise another script, so will just be on Panadol Osteo - may as well suck a boiled sweet as my Dad used to say. This knee is so much more painful than the first one.

It is so lovely to have all your children together - especially when they are as scattered as yours are. You will be feeling even better with hubby coming home.

I hope your day is a great one ... Aussie Hugs ... Ellen
 
@NetballKnees I've not heard of endone and I'm sorry to hear your doc won't give you more pain meds do that strength. I didn't see when you had your surgery but I know that I would have a hard time being told I would not get the meds that helped me. For me, this is my "easier" knee...which isn't saying much lol. I hope you feel better.
 
Ellen @NetballKnees
Laura @Lauramacky

Good Morning,

So, far as of Saturday pain is ok with 2Solpadiene every 8 hours (each tablet has 8 mg Codiene, 500mg Paracetamol & 30mg Caffeine).

Must supplementing with a bit more icing and elevating and the combination at the moment is working.
Will be on Solpadiene for 10 days and then switch to just 500mg Paracetamol for pain.

Will see how it goes, as you know with post TKR , be prepared to expect the unexpected and know the what works today may not work tomorrow.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Ellen @NetballKnees

It always amazes me the different attitudes from doctors to pain medication for TKR.
Not only country to country, but even doctors working in the same hospital.

Not familiar with Panadol Oesto, does it contain an extra something with the Panadol ?

I do like a boiled sweet once in awhile, but not for pain relief.

Hope that the new pain meds & extra icing work for you.

Take care,

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@dogwheels

Hello from Sunny Dublin,

Glad to hear that your decorating is finished and now it's the task of putting everything back, that's always the hardest part.

You must have a high energy level with the house, your crafts, decorating, your daughter, husband, life in general, etc.

You always seem to be busy and never seem to complain.

Your sunny nature seems to be what keeps you going, you are always so helpful on the forum and provide great advice.

Enjoy the last of our Indian summer over in this part of the world, I know I am.
I hate being inside when I know the long dark evenings will soon be here.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
It is truly amazing that even though we all speak the same language, sometimes I am lost! The names of the meds are different and the names for just things in general...boiled sweet? What is that? You know I am just an uncivilized yank over here. :P
 
Laura @Lauramacky

A boiled sweet would be a hard candy, usually sugar based and small and generally round.
And about the size of an American quarter or a little smaller.

Like the pepper mints that you sometimes get in a restaurant.

Think they are called boiled sweets as when they were first made, sugar and water & flavouring were boiled together, poured into small moulds and then cooled.

Someone else may know better.

Hope that explains boiled sweets for you, a little bit better.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Jackie. @tiredwife

Very good day, sun shinning.

Had my morning walk and meet several neighbours out along the way to a The Village to get something for our dinner tonight.

Friend called over for a chat and a cuppa cup of tea) about 12 noon.

Went to my first session in the local therapy pool 2:45 - 3:45.

Absolutely lovely, about 20 people, some hips , one other knee, several stroke patients, three paralysed people with their carers( there is a hoist to help them get in and out of the pool).

Everyone very friendly and lovely atmosphere.

Lifeguard there, but everyone does their own exercise routine. And cost is €3.60 about $4.35.
Available for therapy sessions Monday and Tuesday. Will definitely include this each week as part of my recovery.

Have knee up & icing.

Ingredients for beef & ginger stir fry waiting and will put together when a Des comes in about 6p.m.

Hope you & Steve are having a good day.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora Sound like you had a nice day so far! That's not bad for an hour in the pool. We went out and bought a new toaster oven and some new tile for our little 1/2 bathroom. Then we went to lunch at the little grill at the base golf course. Now hubby is home elevating covered in cats! Our biggest (18 lbs) reaches from his feet to above his knees. Our oldest is from knees up to his belly. You have a great evening.
 
Good morning Dublin from SW London!
Hi @marmora - how are you doing today? Your stir fry sounded yummy last night.

I am glad that you enjoyed your pool therapy - I did loads and loads and even though I am not a 'water baby' I loved what I was able to do and how my knee felt in the pool. So much in fact that I am getting a hot tub! We are in the process of buying some more land next to our house. Husband has grand ideas for landscaping and decking (btw @tired wife - this lump of land is in perfect position sun wise for flower planting, however it has been unkempt for years so who knows what we will find?) and much as I am enjoying the thought of cut flowers rather than 'look at' shrubs, the thought of a hot tub pleases me and my knee even more :heehee:.

I wouldn't say I had lots of energy - but I do tend to get involved in lots of things, my husband does too. Gosh I will need energy reserves today - in a weak moment I have volunteered to return the evil ugly door we bought yesterday, back to IKEA so that husband can get on with some paperwork. Aaagh - IKEA nearly killed me - we walked miles. Never mind, I only have to complain at customer services, collect a new door and have a quick look at all the things that I wanted to look at, that husband marched me past yesterday. PLUS as an added bonus, there just happens to be a craft shop nearby, that I will stop at. There is a method in my madness!

@tired wife - I would SO love to be resting covered in cats.

Well ladies I must get going. Coffee and then off to IKEA. Daughter is coming over for supper tonight, so I want to be back in good time.

Have lovely days and talk later

Chris XX
 
Hi Chris @dogwheels

Hi ,
Just in from a Weight Watchers having lunch then heading to hospital group PT - a most enjoyable and fun hour & the jokes & laughs we have are unprintable !

Then home organising dinner and then husband will drive me to Bridge tonight at 7 pm.
Its the Bridge Club AGM and the start of our new year.

Not a great player, but really enjoy the challenge of Bridge and look forward to going tonight.

Hope your return journey to IKEA is a calm experience.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@dogwheels Feel free to borrow our cats anytime! Once they get on you though, that much weight makes it impossible to move!

@marmora Good morning! Hope you have a great day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom