TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@g82cu2 @wolf woman

Yes, he plans to move in for about 4-6 weeks he has a few friends that are looking for roommates and plans on moving in with one of them, these are lads he has known since primary/ grade school are both apartments are about 10 minutes from our home, so he'd be close by.

@wolf woman - Marmora is the name if a street that I lived on when I lived in Chicago.
My real name is Cathie
 
That will be nice to have him around for awhile. We've been in and out of being empty nesters several times now. Our youngest son and his wife were just living with us from February to late June while they were having a new home built. Love them to death but it's kind of nice to be back to just the 2 of us again.
 
@ tiredwife Jackie
@ g82cu2 Janet
@wolf woman Mary
Hi, awake at 2:30 for pain meds and catching up while they take effect.

Conor home this morning about 10:30 and had a traditional Irish breakfast - 'SuperQuinn sausages(the best flavoured Sausage & if you're from Dublin they're an institution), black pudding & white pudding Irish blood sausage), grilled tomato and 1 fried egg, brown bread toast and large mug of Barry's Tea ! His dream breakfast.

Then he had quick shower and into the Dublin office until about 3:30 pm, came home and slept and then woke about 6pm and up to have family dinner - lasagna & salad with Des and I.

Lovely chance to catch up, although he had been here in June for his brothers' wedding and we Skype every Sunday evening and IM during the week.

He went drifting off back to bed about 10:30 pm .

No matter what age they are, they're still your little boy in your heart.

Cathie
 
@ g82cu2
Hi Janet,
If I or any Irish person actually knew the full ingredients we probably wouldn't eat it.

It is not a pudding at all, I will try to describe it. It is made with oats, pigs blood and each butcher or ready bought black or white pudding maker add an assortment of 'secret' spices.

It comes formed like a large about 2-3 inch diameter sausage, and then you slice off 1 inch slices and fry or grill the pieces. It is part of a traditional Irish breakfast. This is when farmers after milking the cows came back into have a hearty breakfast.

Now with most people rushing in the morning and having cereal or toast for breakfast. The traditional Irish breakfast is usually a Saturday or Sunday treat and usually a brunch affair, because after having an Irish breakfast you shouldn't be hungry again until dinner time.

When all 3 boys were living at home, we'd have this maybe once or twice on month on a Sunday.

But, when my Norway and former NYC sons come home, it is the first meal they want after arriving from the airport !

It's not by ant means a healthy breakfast with the high fat content of sausage, bacon, black pudding and a fried egg. But, it sure does taste delicious once in awhile. The last time I would have made this type of breakfast was at Christmas when all the boys were here for the family wedding.

Cathie
 
:rotfl: Hello all,
Here's a funny tale that will hopefully bring you a smile - have already posted it on other forums, so some of you will have read this already.

This morning when I was taking my morning walk, there were two very fit and young gentlemen jogging in front of me. I was following slowly behind using my two canes.

We live near a commuter line train and when the gates were down, I caught up with the two joggers.

Naturally, they continued to jog in place while the gates were down.
One of them turned to me and asked what happened to me,...

" I said that I was Angelina Jolie's stunt double "

They both looked a bit shocked and when they finally realised that I was kidding, they both broke out laughing and one was laughing so hard, he had tears streaming down his face.

The train passed & the gates opened and they jogged away and gave me a wave.

The quote is not mine, I had a friend who had a BTHR and she got tired of explaining what had appended to her, so started using the stunt double story . So, feel free to use this next time you are asked "what happened to you"
 
Hi Cathie ... Loved your story. I think there will be quite a few of us using that one in the future. :heehee:

I felt so glad to read that your boys were home with you. I can't say that I was envious of their breakfast though. Give me a pile of bacon and eggs on freshly buttered toast. (Pretend there is a Homer Simpson drool emoticon here).

My youngest is in NYC at the moment, but due to come back today. He and his partner lived there all last year and they absolutely love it. Tash has been over for 8 weeks doing some selective acting course and Daniel just went over to spend the last 10 days with her.

I wanted to thank you for your wishes on another post (darn Old Timer's - can't remember whether it was JoAnne or Lynn) for my RTKR tomorrow. By this time tomorrow it will all be over :shocked:and the recovery beginning.

Hope your recovery is going steadily Cathie, but with your boys home, I am sure your knee is the last thing on your mind.

Take Care ... Hugs .. Ellen
 
Love your stunt story @marora and the Irish breakfast brings back so many memories, we have Irish friends,and went to Ireland many times,Eileen my friend always cooked the Irish breakfast and my husband loved it, sadly she died a few years ago,but have lots of happy memories of holidays in Ireland,and of course the very late nights.Take care Terri
 
@NetballKnees
:hi: Hi Ellen,
It is 11:00 am on Wednesday here in Dublin & it should be about 8:00pm Wednesday night in Sydney & Melbourne ( I lived in Sydney in the mid 1970's teaching and 2 of my 3 sons worked at different times in Sydney 2005-2007 and 2007-2009), so always had the Sydney current time on our minds when to Skype.

Best wishes coming your way for your RTKR tomorrow and that you sail through your recovery

Hope that you aren't tossing and turning too much tonight and are able to get some sleep :chillpill:

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@yiayia3
:hi: Hi Teri,
Glad that you enjoyed my "stunt double" story and please do use it if you want.
Yes, it is hard to fully describe an Irish Breakfast unless one has had one, so very glad that you & your husband have happy memories of Eileen's.

Sometimes, they say the best 'cure' after a late Irish night is the cooked Irish Breakfast.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hello all,

Had a less painful day. A friend collected me & another friend collected a friend who is in a rehab centre after surgery and we all went for about an hour lunch - just soup & sandwiches, but great to catch up.
Then to my first post-knee TKR group PT session at the hospital where I had surgery.

Found the session very good and there will be a total of 5 sessions (1 hour). After group warm up, we then did a circuit of different exercises and stayed at each station for about 5 minutes and then on to the next station, there were 2 PTs for the 6 of us. We were between 5 - 9 weeks posts op.

Found it very good doing it as a group activity and looking forward to next
week. We were told no further exercise or walking outside after this session, just to go home rest, elevate and ice and to keep to our pain med. routine and on time.

Have my 1-1PT session on Friday.
So tomorrow will just do my at home routine.

Take care,
Cathie and hope everyone has a restful sleep. :chillpill:
 
Sounds like a great day Cathie. I'm happy you got to have some time out with friends. That lifts your spirits tremendously. Group PT sounds fun too! Hope you are sleeping well tonight. :sleep:
 
:goodpost::iagree:@marmora glad you had a lovely day and awesome group therapy I wish they did it like it here but don't and Cathie I hope you have a good night sleep too!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom