TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife @bball78 @Reebok @IrishMike @ConnieJOS @g82cu2 @Roselover @Gingiebot @Jozilla @kneeper
:dancy: Happy Day for our Family. My oldest son (33) has been working away from home for a number of years, 2 yrs in Australia, 9 months in Philippines and nearly 4.5 years in NYC. Most always came home for a week or 10 days at Christmas ( @IrishMike will now that Irish Christmas celebrations go on for at least a week - the country nearly shuts down).

The US company is opening their European headquarters in Dublin and he gas been transferred to Dublin and was confirmed yesterday he will be arriving on Monday morning 18Aug. & then into the office on Tuesday!

This has been the best medicine and has put a lift to my step :walking:

Middle son married & lives in Norway and youngest son lives & works in Dublin.
So, usually only have all three at home at Christmas. Norway son coming home in September for a friends' wedding, so like a real Irish Mammy - will have all three boys together for a weekend!

Not a knee related post- but my heart can't stop smiling today and that had to be beneficial to the knee!

Better make a few loaves of Irish Brown Bread for the homecoming,

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Morning Cathie - such wonderful news! I understand the importance if a happy heart. I would find it very difficult if my children did not live close! So glad you are doing so well. Your thread has been a great reference for those having surgery!
 
Hi @marmora how lovely to pop into your thread for the first time and read such lovely news! I am glad from the bottom of my heart for you....there's nothing better in life than a loving family xxxx you are truly blessed xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@marmora ... popped in to read your thread. It is a very happy, supportive place. I was so happy to read you would have all 3 boys home. Nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than having all 4 of my children together in the one place. Now that they are all grown up and have their own homes, it does not happen enough for my liking. (Well, nothing except a visit from my grandson, Sebastian, that is). Funny little side step here, my kids are always telling people now how I have even pushed my own children out of the way to get to Sebastian. I'm sure t wasn't a push - probably a gentle "please move aside" type of thing.:snork:
I will go and have a proper read of your thread now so I can get a good idea of your story.
Take Care and keep that smile on your face that I can hear in your posts. Ellen
 
:hi: @NetballKnees
Hi Ellen,
Thank you for your warm & lovely post.
I can fully understand about Sebastian - don't have any grandchildren yet.
But, when that happens I'm sure that I will be accused of a Rugby Tackle and not your gentle push !

I am so looking forward to having my NYC son back home and on the weekend on 19 September, mt Norway son & his wife are in Dublin for a wedding, so all 3 boys here at the same time.

Take care and hoping for a good weekend for you & family,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
My knee and gradually fading scar at 32 days post-op.
Big improvement - may not throw out the mini-skirts yet.
[Bonesmart.org] Left TKR on 17 July
 
Hello all,
Had a good day, but due to the Irish weather only managed 2 of my thirty minute walks today.


My NYC son arrives back home in Dublin Monday morning at about 8:50 am local time.
Will be doing an Irish jig when he walks in the door! :dancy:
So will count that as one of my Monday walks !

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Don't worry about the walk Cathie. I'm sure with your son coming home tomorrow you will be more active with all the excitement. Will he be staying with you until he gets his own place and is settled?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom