Guest viewing is limited

THR Left THR

Oh my stars @Humbleservant
Your sweet children are the epitome of Cuteness!:roseshwr:

Sounds like all is going well and hopefully you are keeping that patience muscle flexed.

I have put my new hips through the paces this past year and am still grateful that I am able to do my job and have fun hip pain free.
Helping with a prescribed burn today involving lots of walking in rough terrain and I'm ready to go.:happydance:
You will be glad that your new hip will put you back to life in a big way after healing.

Hope your day is Sweet.
 
Enjoy the walk M , amazing how we take walking for granted , wish I could join you .
Yea the kids keep me busy they make us laugh , eldest gdaughter 7 trying to explain something to Caroline and Interrupted by middle gdaughter 5 “” Kitty , Kitty leave them they’re old “

Hahahaha and we are !!!
 
Oh, and let those two "officers" do some errands around the house for you. Send kids to get things (treat them like "big" people) and thank them profusely afterwards and OMG, they feel so powerful and helpful and "big."

They love it!
 
@Mojo333 thank you! They are handsome boys! Definitely trying to be patient! Very difficult when everything starts feeling a lot better but it’s necessary! :ok:
 
@JohnWilky having the 3 little ones running around keeps me busy/entertained :spin:and they’re a joy to have and be around! And my wife and I can instantly tell they enjoy having both mom and dad home all the time!
 
@Going4fun my boys have FOR THE MOST PART:egypdance: been a wonderful, great help, when dad drops stuff they’re right there to pick it up! My 4 year old “helps” me walk wherever I gotta go and says “daddy I’m gonna make sure you don’t fall because your hip needs to get better”..... they help us with laundry and picking up dishes and when I get frustrated that I can’t help and play as much, they’re right there and very willingly offer a hug!
 
H , it finally got me when although being proud of being super fit ( I’m not laughing now ) my 9 year old grandson said ‘ beat you in a race grandad ‘ and he did despite my normal gamesmanship ( cheating ) that hurt Enjoy having the boys around , although all school shutting over hither due to Covid has tested the most patient of parents
 
And my wife and I can instantly tell they enjoy having both mom and dad home all the time!
So Precious! Shows they feel the love.
I hope you’re hanging in there and having a nice week so far. I‘ll bet you’ll have a great Summer with those adorable boys.
A relaxing evening to you...and a wonderful Wednesday. :wave:
 
Having the 3 little ones running around keeps me busy/entertained :spin:and they’re a joy to have and be around! And my wife and I can instantly tell they enjoy having both mom and dad home all the time!
Hold on to these times with both hands @Humbleservant. It feels like they're gone in a blink of the eye. I will always consider my two boys my biggest lifetime achievement.
 
17 days post op and feeling pretty good.... feeling really no pain only muscle fatigue..... especially with PT.......those muscles (understandably) are so tired after PT seasions ......again I understand why but i was laughing while doing some very small things and just amazed at how weak.....

Sleeping is getting much better in bed because I’m able to move so much easier, tho I’m very aware of the operated side...its too uncomfortable for me to sleep on that side for now!

It’s def a fight to rest and ice because I want to be doing more things and helping out around the house more and being more apart of activities with the family, but we will get there!

Happy Thursday!!!!!
 
What are you doing PT wise H , not gunna compete with you though you have thirty odd years on me , but interested to hear about your programme.
Personally only basic toe / calf raises, thigh strengths, a few abductions , ankle toe pumps , feet up now though watching cricket.
 
@JohnWilky they have me riding stationary bike(little to no resistance), glute and quad squeezes, some hip extension, hip abduction, knee flexion, mini squats, leg press (very little weight) and some glute bridges.....

I happened to walk with my wife and kids thru the grocery store which was nice....... but I needed to do lots of rest, ice and elevation after all that!
 
Hi @Humbleservant
Hopefully you had a good Thursday.
It seems you’re doing really well and I hope you feel stronger and steadier on your feet week by week. While PT seems to be working well for you and that’s wonderful, I want to leave an article that shows a few of the negative effects “some” exercises can cause. This is only to increase your awareness should you begin to feel a negative result.

Woohoo for making it through the grocery store. :yes!:That is tiring initially.
I hope you have a nice weekend with your family! :)
 
@Layla thanks for looking out........overdoing it is a huge concern I have! Your post caused me to talk it over with my wife about what we think is best and not overdoing it..... thank you!!!!
 
@SCee well thank you! It’s def a balance on rest ice elevate and relax mixing in some movement and str8 out overdoing it, which at this stage is easy to want to do with how good I’m feeling.
 
I believe it was four weeks yesterday, since your surgery, or it’s one month tomorrow. Now matter how you view it, best wishes are in order.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :happydance:
I hope you’re doing well since we last heard from you. I’ll bet the liddles are happy to see daddy slowly returning to normal.
Have a wonderful week! :)
@Humbleservant
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom