Guest viewing is limited

Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH MY GOSH! I have missed your posts! grrr! Hey, for warmth and for something that is thin and will also give a wee bit of support, have you thought of a neoprene sleeve for your foot,ankle and calf? Here in the states they sell them in sporting goods stores and running stores.. lots of runners wear them now.
I love neoprene, and learned its benefits from diving. the problem would be that your toes wouldn't be covered by it.
Plus I have a wonky elbow ( yes, another bad body part and bad accident) a sleeve helps it, too.
heres a link to show you what it looks like for the leg:

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-Athletics-Calf-Sleeve-Black/dp/B004BD0YS0?tag=ate362da-20

I also have used little neoprene bands for my fingers.. and some of my clients use them on their toes and swear by them. they look funny but hey, if they work!!!??
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-...ning-Finger-Finger-Protector/32318273186.html
Even just wearing them at night can help a lot!

So, I did some looking around and there are neoprene socks, too. They help keep feet wanna and dry, esepcially when walking in the cold rainy days.

So, there's my 2 cents worth. :)
 
Ty pal megga hug as I say I really don't like socks but hey have to try minimize the pain.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I think he means that if your head is warm you feel warm all over lol I can't believe you are just wearing a t shirt right on I am covered in 4 layers.I think I must be a right softie but the warm beach sounds good to me.Sorry but my codeine foggy brain is not working too well at the moment can you explain more regarding your nickname
 
Legin is Nigel backwards.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
sending you some of California's unseasonable heat and loads of TLC. Sounds like you have some good ideas there to try out. You could always cut off the bottom of your t-shirt and proudly show your belly button to the world when you wear socks and a hat. That way, at least part of you can enjoy the balmy temperatures and gentle breezes.

sorry to kid. sounds like a real dilemma. and a pain in the toes. where's that magic wand?
 
You made a wee errorits not Californian warm its Russian cold ..... I ordered some allegedly special socks can be used in canoes etc etc and an orange t shirt for Nervember.
Unopp hip really not happy at the two mile walk home I still have indentations in hand where I was leaning on stick.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
those darn Rooskies! stealing all the sunshine and warm weather ... hope the sock thingamabob works well for you. very sorry the other hip is behaving poorly.
















i

guess the only thing to do is for your family to winter here
 
Chortle that would be so nice. Normally the cold has little effect on me but silly foot and hip don't like the cold. That said the top.half of me is always hot errr as in temp.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi there @Legin. Sorry to hear the cooler weather is playing havoc with your feet. I for one, and my hubby, hate cold feet. But that doesn't stop us from playing golf in the winter. What we use are "Hothands Insole Foot Warmers", which can be found in any sporting goods store or Amazon. They are shoe inserts that keep your feet warm for at least a couple of hours at a time. Just a thought, since you don't like socks, either. :)
 
HI @Legin glad you found something that you are going to try. I hate hearing that your walk was so tough. phooey..
Irritated nerves sure do hate cold temps, or even a cool breeze blowing on them.
Glad you are home now and I wish for you a pain free and deep and restful sleep.
 
Why not try hand warmers for feet
I'm sure they sell them!!
Be well my friend
❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have ordered special socks that chaps and chapettes in canoes use. Only worry is if they are too tight a fit.
Had a visit from Jack (frost), during the night. My foot greeted his arrival with a, you must be joking response as soon as I got out of bed.
Two days off together whoooot now who can I bother. Planning on trying to walk down Rumbling Bridge gorge. Its a short walk but steep incline tho most is stepped.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Any ideas for keeping foot warm would be appreciated.
I have Raynaud's Syndrome so I deal with this all the time - hands and feet. Silver socks are magic. You can buy both thick and thin socks. The silver helps retain the temperature. I buy them from the broken link removed: https://www.rsa-shop.co.uk shop. A bit pricey but they work!
 
If I remember correctly, you have the day off. And I think you were going to attempt a strenuous hike.
I hope it is a nice day for you.
 
Aye I did I did . It was pure dead brilliant as the water level was very low so much more was exposed. I got back made supper and crashed, totally wiped out but a grand feeling. Today muscles are saying ahem you played yesterday so will pay today.
Its worrying how little strength is in that foot and leg and how little the range of motion is..... Have a great weekend all and one

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sounds like a good day/hike for you! I can only imagine how worrying the weakness and lack of ROM is in that foot. No nerve impulses and messages to get those muscles to work.
Can you use your hand or maybe have your wife take your foot and make it go through all ranges of motion? flexion,extension and curl the toes and extend them? All of that will help re educate the muscles and keep your joints fluid. Aargh! I would work on it for you if I could reach it.
 
Awww ty. I move it all the time by moving leg and the front muscles are fine. Its things like spreading toes of going on tiptoes that nought happens. Thanks tho lass megga hugs to you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin lol in US all students and you would be keel hauled for the nickname. Here you have to have a cultural right to use it, and the f-bomb is more socially acceptable!!
I have cold feet too-- hope you come up with something that works! I have some feet warmers like @Nana757 suggested, have never tried them except in a pocket for hands, where they are lovely!
@Jaycey gain 35 lbs, your Reynaud's will go away :lol: speaking from experience....


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom