Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

Thanks, @Layla . I’m in the part of the process where progress is steady but slow. I’m gradually getting stronger but also dealing with many issues related to fit, as well as learning skills such as going down stairs foot over foot or down slopes outside.

My oldest son is coming home tonight for the weekend after having just gotten back from deployment to northeast Syria, so we’re really looking forward to that.
 
How wonderful that your son is back in the States. I know you’ll be glad to see him and know he’s safe. I bet he’ll be proud of you for all you’ve accomplished. I agree that your progress may seem like “slow and steady,” but in a few months when you look back on it all I think you’ll be amazed at how far you’ve come. It’s good to have an update from you.
 
What a wonderful weekend your going to have. Your son coming back from deployment is wonderful. That has to put a hug smile on your face. Enjoy him, hug on him and thank him for his service for me.
 
Hi again WFD, Thanks for the update.
I have every confidence in you mastering all that is necessary to enjoy a fulfilling life. You're doing great!
What a wonderful homecoming you have to look forward to this evening as your son returns from Syria. I'm happy for you all that's he's safe. Please thank him for his service and enjoy this special family time creating some new memories together. :loveshwr:
@WFD
 
Stopping by to say Hi :wave:
I hope you're doing well as you continue to adjust.
Wishing you a good week, WFD. :thumb:
@WFD
 
My wife is going away for four days and she trusts me to take care of the dog and the chickens, so we'll see how that goes
Fingers crossed it goes well for you. Your wife must have confidence that it will. This is no small feat. Certainly another example of your determination and resilience. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Wishing you the best as you're taking another big step toward independence. Bravo for you, WFD:xmark:
 
I hope you and your wife, both, enjoy her time away. Good luck with your care of the dog and chickens!
 
Great report! Good luck with your dog/ chicken sitting.
 
I haven’t posted in quite a while, so I thought I’d leave an update.

Things are still progressing. I lift weights three times a week and do cardio workouts three times a week. Cardio consists of a workout on a paddling ergometer I built, and then I go walking on a track at a local park. I’m up to 7-8k steps per day and steadily improving. There are plenty of bumps in the road, mainly to do with chafing and abrasion of my residual limb in the socket. After all, I’m using my thigh as a foot, and the skin on the thigh wasn’t meant for that.

All three of our kids are scattered around the country, but they all plan to be home for Christmas, and that will be great - we’re really looking forward to it.

I hope everyone else here is doing well.
 
How wonderful to hear from you!

It does sound like you’re doing really well. Slow and steady has gotten you to a great place. I know you’re going to enjoy having your family together for Christmas this year. So many good milestones to celebrate as you move into a new year.

Thanks for taking time to provide an update.
 
Great report! Really glad to hear from you and wonderful that you have a full family Xmas ahead. I hope the neuropathic pain has largely settled?
Your cardio and walking puts me to shame and I consider myself pretty active!
 
You are doing amazingly well, and put me to shame, too! What an inspiration you are. If you can do it, we can do it, too! You go, WFD. God bless you!
 
You're amazing, WFD! Awe inspiring for sure. You are more active than many here are admittedly.
Thanks for taking the time to update, we care about you and it's always a pleasure to hear from you.
Wonderful news that your kids will be back home for Christmas, surrounding you in support and love. I hope you create many beautiful memories together.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving and a blessed Christmas as we close out 2025.
Until next time, take good care! :)
@WFD
 
Stopping by to say Hi, WFD.
I want to wish you happy holidays as we head into 2026. What you faced this past year takes a lot of strength, courage and determination. I'm still in awe of the way you've met those challenges. You're truly inspiring.

I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas. It's wonderful that you'll all be together.
May the new year bring comfort, peace, good health, continued healing and every good thing!
@WFD

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Second @Layla greetings. Hope things are settling and your pain and strength are both improving. Here's to a better 2026.
 
@Layla , @EalingGran , thank you for your holiday wishes.

Things are going well for me - I’m continuing to work out and get stronger. Here in New England it’s been quite cold and we’ve had some snow, which I’ve been able to shovel, no problems.

We’ll have all three kids home for the holidays, along with assorted significant others as well as significant other dogs (we have one dog and my daughter is bringing two.)

Best wishes for the Holidays and a happy New Year!
 
Here in New England it’s been quite cold and we’ve had some snow, which I’ve been able to shovel, no problems
That's great news!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom