Guest viewing is limited

Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

Oh, great!!! That's good news for you to be in the group doing the real test. And that's not too long to receive the prosthesis. I know you're anxious to get this going. This all sounds so very positive.
 
I was just checking in to see how you were doing. Do report in when you've got the time.
 
Thanks for checking in @eaglemom .

Not too much to report.

Tommorrow I get fitted for the liners that fit inside the prosthetic leg socket and protect my skin from the socket. I wear that for a while and then I get the first socket custom molded to my residual limb, and at some point after that, get the leg itself fitted.

I am now exercising everyday, getting ready for walking again sometime soon,

The clinical trial has started. Here's hoping it will make a difference.
 
Thank you for letting us know how you're getting along. Please continue to. We care!
 
I hope the fitting went well today and the clinical trial makes a difference also. Your strength and courage may help transform what's possible for amputees following behind you. How wonderful to be part of something that may bring about positive change. Good to read you're back to exercising. Take it slow and easy and know we're cheering you on all the way, WFD.
May this week be a good one. :)
@WFD
 
You're incredibly brave, WFD, and it sounds very close to a major milestone on this journey. This is a big step forward and I'm guessing the next couple fittings are to fine tune everything so that your new leg fits just right and supports in all the ways it needs to. Thankfully you're closer to getting back on your feet and beginning a new chapter with your new leg. I have a feeling you'll be unstoppable. Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted.
A great Tuesday to you! :)
@WFD
 
Thanks for posting @WFD .I hope that the phantom limb pains are beginning to settle and all goes well with the prosthesis. Good luck!
 
Thank you for keeping us in the loop. I am so looking forward to reading each update!
 
Today I visited my prosthetist for the final fitting and went home with my new leg. Walking now, with crutches, and looking forward to lots of PT and getting back in shape.

20250710 WFD First Day with KX07 - Cropped.webp
 
This photo and your report made my day!!! You’ve come so far and it’s been rough, but now seeing that mobility is possible again must feel good. I’m so happy for you. Thank you for posting a photo. I look forward to more as you continue this journey. Be proud of yourself…..you deserve it for reaching this point and having the new goals you’ve set.
 
Thank you for continuing to share your story with us, @WFD. You are an inspiration.
 
Fantastic!!!! JUST the photo I've been waiting for. Welcome to the next new phase of life.
 
Look at you on two feet now! I know that feels so good. I had to run show your photo to my roommate. We both have been praying for you! Prayer works!
 
Awesome photo! Best wishes as you continue on!
 
What an inspiration you are, WFD! Thank you for sharing this milestone with us. After all you endured from battling infection to now standing with your new leg, this is a beautiful sight to see. The beginning of a new chapter. Honestly, you look like you're already in pretty great shape and starting from a strong place as you work to adjust to your new leg. Wishing you healing, comfort and confidence as you move forward. We're cheering you on!
@WFD
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom