THR Left 2013 - Now the right

I love your posts @dougie0216 so positive. When is your next follow up with the OS? Do you go to PT at all anymore for reassment. It will be a big adjustment returning to work full time too, probably still have some energy drain. You are doing awesome. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
The rest of the ride was fairly anticlimactic...just eased me down.
Superman. You have work coming up and we expect thou to behave.
Best to all!!!
 
Hi @dougie0216
I read you are back to work tomorrow,...big step! I hope you find it manageable. It sounds as though you've progressed well, I hope your recovery continues on the same path.
Wishing you a great week!
 
Happy Day 66! Back to work tomorrow. I'm currently doing general house straightening, laundry and I've completed moving my fat pants to the front of the closet, and the pants I was wearing prior to surgery, to the back:censored: I've gained six pounds and that all went too my waist apparently...

I got up early this morning and walked a mile. Then I came in and proceeded to do one set of every exercise or muscle group I didnt do yesterday. I would rather go to work toned and a little sore than feeling like I left something on the table.

It sure seems like it went by fast, but it will be 68-days between work shifts. I will hit it running (my M.O.) and if I bonk, I will head home a bit early. Fortunately I'm a salaried/exempt employee. When I go back, I will be on 24-hour call once again.

I am in Zero pain, and I have minimal swelling which is only evident in the evening. Here we go!

Oh yeah, reduced caloric intake starts tomorrow!!
 
Hello and happy day 66! You will be in my thoughts as you face your first day back. Be gentle with yourself tomorrow! We will all be waiting to hear how it goes. I hear you on the calories-ice cream found its way into my mouth too often this summer!
Hugs
Michele
 
Good Luck! No sneaking in any free weights, core work or bench presses. Reserve that energy!
Hope you have a great first day back....
 
Hope the first day back was a good one. Now, remember ice, rest, elevate! I'll look forward to an update!
Michele
 
Day 67 cont. @Cisne I made it! All day. I was in the office 9-hours, 45min with no issues. If I sat too long without getting up then there was s a slight pain in the flexor area for the first 2 or three steps. So I got up a little more often and that when away.

@Layla I probably did 10 flights of stairs including 2 flights on purpose. I was debating walking tonight, but intelligence set in (for once) so I will eat my burger then grab the remote control and an ice pack.

The area around the incision is detectably warmer than the surrounding tissue and there is slight swelling. Bummer.

I was very pleasantly surprised, working all day was not an issue. Woo Hoo!
 
This is good to hear @dougie0216 my work day is 7am to 5 from tuesday to friday and my office is in a big warehouse so i can get up whenever. no stairs though except 4 to get in the building. im gkad you had a great day and made it through ok. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
Yay! Such great news! I'm glad things went well! Good choice on the walking! The last two days I've debated the idea midday, but by late afternoon, it's not an option. Rest well!
Michele
 
Hey @dougie0216 - day 49 for me. Looks like we are walking ~ the same distances as I just did a ~ 5 km walk through the local ravine / forest today followed by stretching and some PT exercises .. then ice. My golden retriever is 12 ... I guess my speed is recovered as I am mostly in front of her on a walk again.

I started work a week and a half ago convinced PT wouldn't suffer but it did ... luckily I catch a train to downtown (until I can get back on a bike) so i can get off 2 km from work in the morning and still get in a walk. I do the same in the afternoon in reverse (so another ~ 2 km). I was convinced I would easily slip out at lunch and do a walk but fell into the old mid-day routine way too easily (eating veggies and fruit over the keyboard). Mid last week I took an old yoga mat to work and that helped. I have an office so close the door, put some youtube folk-rock music mixes on, and then do stretches - exercises - PT for 30 minutes. Fingers crossed I can keep this regime up and continue well past my recovery period as it's just a good thing to do mid day.

Hope the return to work isn't too much of a shock.
 
Great news that your first day back went so well.
You must be pretty comfortable with the stairs......10 flights is a lot.
I still catch myself walking the stairs as I did pre surgery. I need to work on it.
Do you hold onto the railing? I can go halfway down without holding the railing then I become fearful for some reason? Going up isn't super smooth for me yet either. I'm sure it will come. I guess tripping or falling is still too much in the forefront of my mind.

I think it's wise you chilled tonite rather than overdo. It's too early in the work week for you to screw up
and suffer at work because of it. You've been an inspiration!
A great week to you... @dougie0216
 
Hi @dougie0216 . Great! You had your first day at work after the op.
I wish you all the best for you new work start, no more swelling and/or no start-up pain after sitting at the desk for long periods, no tiredness intellectually, a sharp well focussed mind, and if you drive to work - a safe commute there and back. :) Take care
Best
Constanze
 
Sounds like an excellent first day @dougie0216 . I am such a chicken with the stairs. Have started trying to alternate right-left, but have been nervous and lacking strength. But you've inspired! Going to be systematic, increasing number of steps I can do in a row. Have a wonderful Day 2!
 
@dougie0216 sounds like a great first day-- hope all that heat and swelling, such as it was, went away overnight and you are having another stellar day walkingandworkingandwalking....
 
Happy Day 68, I'm checking in from my desk at work. I have a work related task Mon - Thur from 11am - 1pm that requires me not to get too involved in projects. It is a time-sensitive process so I take care of menial tasks, read email and obviously check bone-smart. I did ice and elevate for a couple of hours last night after I got home from work. I wish the residual swelling/fluid in my upper right thigh would go away, It is gradually decreasing. I will admit I don't do gradual very well.

@Constanze I had a sharp focused mind, once. My brain was indeed tired yesterday by 5pm.
I think part of the tiredness had to do with communicating with other people. I had rather gotten used to not being around people.

@313Lola I'd be lying if I said going up/down stairs was automatic. I don't have any stairs in my house, so using the stairway at work was interesting. It still is not natural or automatic. I have to think about it. It doesn't hurt to use the stairs, but there are some gaps in my leg's muscle memory and stairs are one of them.
Getting out of the way of stationary object while walking is evidently another...
I also have some indecision when having to turn around when I am standing, such as when someone behind me says something. I can turn to my left just fine, but turning to my right also requires some conscious thought. It doesn't hurt, but it is as if I have forgotten how to do it. I think what is going on, is that I have been avoiding turning that way because of pain, so I truly have to learn to do it again.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom