Guest viewing is limited

THR Left 2013 - Now the right

So glad to hear you are doing well. I'm at the hospital now with my sister. Really not a good hospital sitter. I'm almost as hyper as you, just not as gung-ho.
They are transporting her to a swing-bed facility 30 miles away and we've been waiting several hours for non emergency transport. Legs are super aggravated and I'm drinking coffee so that probably isn't helping.
Glad your DIL it's responding to you.
Hope tomorrow is a great day
 
@dougie0216 Thank you for having the strength to update - and thanks for the good news. I'm glad your daughter-in-law is responding and hope she'll recover fully. But does anyone know how "it" happened?

Meanwhile, it's very good you are walking and doing other things for yourself. It's soothing. I foud out that for me, too, endurance sport is a heeler psychologically. All the best for your son and daugher-in-law.
 
Sounds like your daughter in law is on the up swing. I'm praying for her continued improvement. I thought you were bulletproof Dougie LOL. That was a hard trip. Your doing fantastic,Glad your back to normal
 
@dougie0216 that German/Hispanic concoction sounds amazing. So VERY happy about DIL's progress... and that you're not experiencing major setback from the long car ride. All good things!
 
Hi @dougie0216
Such good news about your daughter in law being more wakeful and responsive.

I don't know how you withstood that car ride to Texas. I was driving for a little over an hour yesterday
and it became uncomfortable. Made me feel like I got kicked in the rear again. In addition, the buckle of
my seat belt seems to lie over part of my incision. I've learned to cram something in between the buckle and my leg.

Wow.....that was a lot of icing you did to get back to where you were. I wish I had patience for that.

Wishing you a good one!
 
Happy Day 63! Nine weeks today for myself and @Cisne. It has gone fast. No workout today. The contractors installing our smart home system arrived just after nine am and were here until six pm. I will get up and walk 3miles in the am. I need to go to town tomorrow, so I will save the rest of the PT routine for the weekend.

No update on DIL.

@Constanze and they wonder why we run or bike long distances? It is for mental health as well as physical fitness. I literally lose miles or kilometers because I was working out some problem. Then I return to consciousness and realize I just rode 5k and have no memory of navigating to where I came back to reality.

@Gone again I'm not 18, so the bulletproofing has worn off. The vibration from cement freeways/turnpike jiggled the joint and what little swelling I had. Evidently it was like shaking a bottle of soda, because I definitely expanded in volume.

@Layla The seatbelt and seatbelt buckle were part of the problem. Right across the incicion!!:hissy:

@313Lola I was hoping to be close to my pre-surgery weight before going back to work on Monday. Sausage happened:loll:

So anyway, work is going too happen Monday. I am going back a full week later than I did after LTHR. Hopefully it will be a better outcome. I am back to icing as a precaution.
We had security
cameras and a new networked stereo installed today. I was inside, outside, walked all around the house and even installed a networked/smart thermostat. The only time I had any pain was when I had to bend over to pick up my drill or a tool from the toolbox. I'm iced and elevated now because I want to keep the little swelling I do have under control.
Peace, Doug
 
Hi @dougie0216 , I've read on somebody else's thread you'r planning on doing ziplining. Enjoy it! It's good fun. I did ziplining both in the northern and in the southern island of New Zealand. We ziplined in the treetops of the forests and also one of the guides gave talks about the environment and the ecology.
There was a Swedish family on the zipline trip on the southern island. They had a lovely time. The youngest daughter was 9. They had a lovely time and did really well.
You needn't even be top fit nor super acrobatic if you want to go.
Ziplining is not so widespread in Germany - you have to drive quite a while to find a zipline (one is in the Black Forest). Whereabouts can you zipline in the States. Can you go near where you live?
Best
Constanze
 
My friend went on a ziplock in Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. Pics looked awesome. Hope you have good day dougie.
 
OMS..oh my stars...seriously...if I could figure out how's to work this smarter-than-me phone's darned auto-correct off...not sure it would help as all of a sudden I can't see squat without readers and need glasses too find my glasses.
@Layla quit picking on me, you should look at my posts when I was on major drugs and hadn't
realized there was an edit button
 
That was funny.....sorry, I couldn't resist and know you have a sense of humor.
Full disclosure: I laughed and figured it was a typo......then looked to make sure there
wasn't such a thing since I know ZILCH about zip lining, except for what I've seen on t.v.
And I have used that edit button many times!
Wishing you a great weekend! @Mojo333
 
@Mojo333 did it have the double zipper that turns purple?

And Happy Day 64. Got up, walked 2mi, did a couple of short quick sets of weights, showered then went shopping. I hauled two bags of kitty litter and a 5gal bottle of water out of the car when I got home. There were other bags too. I think I am between 85-90% back. So I drove 60-miles, went to two stores and a pharmacy and cooked dinner.
Yes, there is a little swelling. I am iced and elevated. I am also tired.

@Constanze Yes, there is a zip line fairly close. It is about 120k away at Turner Falls State Park. There is also one a bit closer in Oklahoma City, it goes across the Canadian River. We are opting for Turner Falls because there are trees and hills. It is also on a scenic route I have been wanting to drive in the WRX. Hills, corners, yessss!

@Layla Touche' That was funny.
 
@dougie0216 ahh but were they 20 lb bags of kitty litter? I'm going to know I'm recovered when I can transfer 100 lbs of kitty litter (by 20's) into the cart, fling into the car, and then finish off the rest of the groceries. :rotfl:

We had a zipline for the kids in the early 90's. It was just between two trees, and they stood on a stump to get to it. Unfortunately it was only rated to 100 lbs so I never got to ride it. The big ones would terrify me @Constanze ! I think they've been around for a long time-- my husband had one at the camp he went to as a youngster, so, 50+ years ago, and by golly it was still there when one of our kids went to that camp 15+ years ago! Right into the lake it went, and they had to drop off before it came too close to the water. Ahhh for the good old days when kids were allowed to do dangerous stuff...
 
@dougie0216 and zauberflote...I don't do homemade zip LINEs. Two years ago we tried to make one for the pond at sisters. Built ladder on tall pine tree and strung cable across but couldn't find right place on other side to get appropriate slope. So we tied to a bulldozer bucket as my BIL has heavy equipment business. Got handled block roller thing on internet.
After much redneck engineering I was to be initial tester. I came off platform...zipped(?) 3 feet and stalled 15 feet up...6 feet from pond ..15 feet from enough water to drop in!!!!
Dumb things family says while holding on for dear life.
DONT LET GO!!! Well, duh ! You couldn't beat my white-knuckled behind off of there with a stick like a pinata.
Someone cranked up the dozer and lowered bucket to allow me to slide on down.
In the south we call that FAMOUS LAST WORDS..."hey y'all, watch this!
 
@Mojo333 :rotfl: BUT! Ours wasn't homemade-- came from a toy catalog with a good reputation...It was barely my shoulder height...older kid had to curl up to ride it when he got his growth...so nobody was going to get hurt unless they slammed buttfirst into the ground by letting go-- it was strung in a "U" shape, so you automatically slowed to a stop before the other tree, and had to drop off, a whole foot probably.

I like your story wayy better though. You don't mention anything about the rest of your ride-- was it worth it??!!?
 
Happy Day 65. I got up early and walked 5.25km.
I came back and did yoga, stretching and some core work. Then I went and got pizza. After that I watched some tv and took a nap. Tomorrow is weights and resistance bands. Getting the most out of today and tomorrow because it is back to work on Monday. My training/PT regimen will take a hit. Let's be real, I'm not going to work all day then come home and walk 3 miles. It may happen a couple of times during the week. I always train on weekends. Sept 02 will be a Saturday am bicycle ride. I will take it around the block and tune it up on Friday nite the first.
 
Bonding with the bicycle....nice! You clearly started off in great shape, and I'm glad you have your eyes open about work+training!

Wait, pizza for breakfast? Way to go!!!! :wink:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom