THR Layla's Recovery

I will be thinking of you and your mom. If she has any struggle at all getting up first few days, insist on stay at rehabilitation hospital/unit. One day at a time. First two weeks will be most difficult. I will check in for sure
 
Hope all goes well with your Mom, Layla.
And hope you have a great week.
Monthly board meeting tonight after work...my least favorite thing.
Oh well!
 
Thinking of you and your mom @Layla. Praying for a successful operation and a smooth recovery. She’s lucky to have you as I’m sure you’re lucky to have her. Hugs.
 
I'm so glad to hear things are going well. Even having been through it yourself, I'm guessing it's more nerve-wracking on this side of it while you wait while your loved one is in surgery. I also find it harder to deal with other's pain than my own. So step back, take a deep breath and remind yourself of all of the calming words of wisdom you provide to others. Take care of yourself as you take care of her!:flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Such good news, @Layla. It's all happening so fast. Hoping all went well in the night and PT was a breeze. Now that part is over!

But how is Layla? You can take a deep breath now and take @SaraK's advice. . .listen to yourself speaking to us with such compassion and encouragement. Love and care for yourself first so you can care for her when she is home and on her way to a successful recovery. Lots of hot delicious baths to soothe those stressed out muscles and relax your spirit, if that's your thing. It is mine. But whatever it is, do it a lot. :roseshwr:And tell you mom that we are all pulling for her. :wowspring:
 
Wishing you both well @Layla and hoping that your mom has a speedy recovery. I’m curious to hear what she thinks of the anterior approach vs her posterior replacement.
She’ll be running circles around you in no time. I’m really looking forward to spending some time with my daughter later this week so I’m sure the silver lining for your mom is also that she gets to spend more time with you.
 
Thanks for update @Layla. So glad surgery went well. I think I was more nervous waiting for my mom going through her surgeries than I ever have been with myself.

Healing prayers.
 
Hi Layla hope things are going well for you and your Mom. I understand her surgery went well. That’s good news.
 
Happy for your Mom coming through surgery well.
Hope you are doing okay.
Don't know what is more nerve-wracking, worrying for parents or for children!
Sending hugs:roseshwr:
 
Hope you and mom are doing okay. Sending hugs and healing thoughts :prayer:
 
@Layla - Was checking back to see how your Mama was doing. Day 2 Post-Op. Is she 'home home' or possibly staying with you? I remember staying at my Mom's apartment after her knee replacement and her dog was so upset (because I was sleeping in "his" twin bed ... a Shih Tzu) that none of us got much sleep. :yawn: Praying all is going well and her recovery is smooth sailing! :surfer: NM
 
Hi Layla, I hope all is going well with your Mom and that she has a speedy recovery.
 
Hi @Layla, hope everything is going well with your mum. Will be hard, but try to make sure you look after yourself. You've been very supportive of everyone on the forum. Save a little love for yourself. Thinking of you both.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom