Hi
@marmora It is nice to hear from you Cathie and sound like you are doing so wonderfully with your knee. The water must feel good to step into and so much more comfortable than other pt stuff. Happy to hear that pt is encouraging in the way they do their job and that you are not needing your cane as much. You have done so very well in such a short time.
I found difference with my knee this morning it feels now like it is starting to help with the bone rubbing feeling. I was told to take it easier on it for the first 48 hours to give it a chance to settle down and not to expect too much for up to maybe 10 days but looking today I can see an indentation mark where the needle must have been injected into and no sign of any redness which I was told to keep an eye out for. I think even though it was pretty uncomfortable painful the effort was well worth the feeling that I have today that it is moving a bit smoother.
Surgeon showed me my x-rays and explained why the replacement is very necessary and surprised how little space between the bones there is it makes things clearer as to why my knee has been having such a difficult time. Medical discoveries this one is so precious as without having a replacement how many of us would maybe end up travelling by wheelchair.
I love our park and wrote to our city newspaper one day and thanked the city for preserving this land and after a writer sent in a letter complaining about her dislike for the geese I thought people should hear their story. Talking to people in our park that we meet along our way please to see that so many share our love for the geese and all that the park offers to those who spend time enjoying the beauty of its surroundings and nature that lives there.
During my families turmoil with the lack of facilities for seniors old age homes I wrote to our paper pleading with our city planners asking them to fulfill the promise that they made to build a long term care home as the ones here were all filled to capacity and waiting lists were long. I explained that after reading that the decision to place one of these facilities in our city 20 years before had been dismissed and the problem was only getting worse for those who could not care for them selves and needed a place to live with care. The option to build was presented again by our provincial government and the city was held responsible to make right what had been left 20 years before.
I wrote two more times and my letters were published when I went to help my Mom out with her pre op appointments I mentioned that I was waiting on replacement as well and when they asked me my name to check on my date they recognized my name and the head nurse complimented me on the letter written and said they said what should have been said on behalf of those who needed this support. I wanted to make a difference for my Dad did not want to see any peoples parents go through what mine did. Positive feedback from people who read the letters and it was because of these letters a meeting was held in our city. almost 100 people attended some very old and we were given a chance to express our personal reasons for attending and supporting this very important subject. I was asked to takes notes for our table and after the meeting I was approached while getting ready to go home by the city paper who did an article and wanted to interview me. I have always been looked at as being a quiet person, never wanted to make any fuss or uproot anyone but even though sometimes we think our importance may be overlooked in this busy world we do matter.
The article was printed and my story of my Dads struggle after being placed in the nearest home with a vacancy to our city which was one hour ride each way and so very unfamiliar in every way to him was told. Our city had supported a home in a town within a 45 minute drive tax money for the past 20 years has been used to subsidize this home and no vacancy even so was found. Now after the meetings letters and other things like phone calls we have a long term home, it was always there but at the time needed it was filled to capacity. It is now set up to handle the needs for more long term care people and although a new home was not built if my Dad was still alive he could have found a place to stay there close to my home and his home and a ten minute drive any time of the day to keep an eye on how he was being cared for.
A few minutes away from our park and the neighbor hood he loved to live in when we were tiny. No longer do we subsidize a home that is not part of our city. Small voices can make a difference even though it does not seem any one will be listening. Hoping that this has helped other families with loved ones that may never have to see them go through what we saw my Dad handle and the lasting effects that these memories of feeling helpless in the way that things sometime work.
Know that one day my brother took my letter to read to my Dad I had been very sick that spring and he said that my Dad looked at him and cried he was proud and he knew this way that he was so very loved. In my own quiet way helped to make the need heard. 2 weeks later he died too late for him but maybe other loved ones will be helped Holly