Hi Cathie
@marmora
Good morning to you and hope you are having a nice weekend to. Our weather has been so much colder over the past few weeks in the morning wake up to heavy dew on the grass and car windows. It warms up and the sun is out by middle afternoon and love how the light reflects on the grass and trees and makes our roses look so shiny. I like the weather warm during the day but love getting into bed and pulling the covers up usually keep pushing them off but keep them on now to stay warm.
I do not know why but for some reason I have never like anything on my feet. Lot of people like to wear slippers but I rather go barefoot. Just one of my things I guess whenever I come home and wearing socks take them off right after my shoes just do not like the feel of anything on my feet not sure why. Have not worn any socks all summer makes my feet feel free not looking forward to putting them on again when it gets cold although I do have some nice soft ones.
Yesterday we went to the movies they were showing the one we wanted to see at 11:00 am and we have been saving our movie pass to go to one we really wanted to see. We save our air miles from grocery purchases and a few other stores and then trade them in for movie passes movie two diet pop and one popcorn nice and all free
We saw the movie "Dolphin Tale 2 about rescued dolphins which were cared for in a place in Florida, Clear water beach and about the dolphin that lost his tale to a tangled fishing net and how they cared for her. Loved the first Dolphin tale movie a few years ago and this one to and although I try not to can't help but cry the story is so beautiful they make her a tale in the first movie and teach her how to live again with the new tale.
I love this movie and almost like the way that they can replace our damaged knees they replaced her tail and as our movement returns after thinking it won't hers did to. I always take it slow going down the stairs at the show wait till everyone is leaving wait till the crowds slow down noticing yesterday I was not the only one doing this. A little boy was sitting in the front row in his wheelchair, only about 8 years and the people above us who were still sitting looked like they were waiting to as noticing a few with canes, and a couple of others doing the stairs like me and so many of us who are dealing with mobility issues but managing just the same.
When I was at my appointment at the hospital the other day my surgeon never made any mention of my right knee and its bend. I have achieved a the highest 90 degrees and with so many through the recovery time making me push harder no more bend just the way this knee is and it is working fine. He did not ever push bend he was hoping I could get more but told me that at one time this was all they expected and as long as I was ok did not make me feel like I should be doing better just the most it would go.
I was told that the next time the focus will not be on the bend but on healing and my well being in how I could do things with it always wondered why others could with working at it go higher but mine is stuck and just going to be content with how it is. Thinking that maybe after my left knee surgery my right may not have as much to take care of and may bend a bit more.
The cortisone is working it is keep the swelling on my left knee down looks more like it used to maybe 10 years ago smaller even then my right but really hoping to have it fixed soon. Still need to buy something for the bathtub keep putting it off as the one the we were looking at is a transfer bench and little expensive hoping not to need it for very long and do not want to cost us that much. I borrowed my Moms last surgery but this is not an option for now.
Have you been to the wedding yet do not remember now when you said you were going but wishing you a great time just be careful not to hurt your knee and hoping that all is going great with your knee .
The water in our park is very high and falls are spilling over usually a little a white and bubbling right by the falls but now the rough water goes so much out almost reminding me of pictures of places where people go white water rafting. Well going to the park now missed it yesterday as it was raining and really miss when we can't sit with our feathered friends and listen to the birds and the rush of the water and sit under our tree in the fresh air.
Looks like it will be a nice day the sun is out and enjoying it as much as we can while the weather is warm leaves turning and you can hear them dancing on the parking lots and sidewalks fields we drive by are turning shades of golden and one shades of yellow and cream yesterday love this time of year to the fall is so beautiful. Wishing you a lovely day and going to take some more pictures. Holly