TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked this is the first tie that I have managed to track down my thread. Iam excited worried it might have been lost but it is looking a bit quicker then before today still very slow but anything is better then what it was doing. Waiting for phone call my knee is getting very hard to walk on and my park walks have been cut short just cannot go very far. Thankful to be on the list but wishing it will not take the length of time he thought 4 to 6 months my knee will not be strong enough to wait that long. Nice to be able to post again and hope it keeps working. Thanks for the time spent trying to get it all back to normal for all of us Thanks to all Holly
 
@lavender
Dear Holly,
I am so sorry your knee is getting worse :sad: It's amazing how fast it can go down hill
So quickly. Took me 2 weeks from being O.K. To not being able to walk much at all.
Luckily my surgery was set up just in time.
Could you possibly call & see if they can get you in earlier for Surgery ? Have you had any shots,
Sometimes that gives folks some relief.
Thinking of you :console2:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hi @Diana :loveshwr: I wish now that I had booked at my appointment in April but it did not seem that bad now feeling different but at least I know it is going to happen/ M y husband still says with the way the surgeon is talking that he thinks it will be soon. Maybe a couple of months longer. I think so too as he said at the appointment it is really in bad shape. I am going to have a cortisone shot in September and another x-ray he did not do this last time during the 5 months I waited so he knows it needs to looked at soon.:yes!::yes!::yes!:

Only had one shot at the very beginning when I first asked the spring before surgery and so much relief he chose not to give me more on my right knee as he said it would not fix the problem but it really did help with the stability and pain. So happy I thought about talking to him about his plans for pain medication next time think he is on the right track and he promised this time will be better pain management. Well happy that it will come and then my knee will be better and just waiting know I am on my way. :cool: Nice to hear from you Diana and hoping all is going great. Also excited that he is on the same track as Bonesmart he does not believe in letting pain build up will not push me into pt and is eager for me to start process soon for arrangements for massage after surgery feeling like I am in very good hands. Holly
 
Calling the nurse next week have to remember this as curious how my blood test turned out. I usually do not have iron issues but before last surgery my iron level after blood test showed level was quite low. I had been very sick for 4 weeks before this time. Never get sick but really sick this time and needed to boost my intake to boost iron. The nurse is great very easy to talk to and hoping that the iron level will be better this time. If not she has given me list of things that will help. She explained how the iron levels need to be good to help with blood loss during surgery so want it right they won;t operate if it is not ok.

Red meat, Cream of wheat cereal would not have thought it did but high in iron and apricots and prunes but have to watch the sugar level high in sugar and affected my diabetic tests last time. Crossing my fingers for good results and getting it looked after before surgery time. Even if surgery date is the 6 month date we were thinking today that is only meaning a wait till January so not even that long hoping though that it is no longer then 4 months sooner would be even better.
 
Hi I was just wondering as I am now on the waiting list if my thread title could be changed to " Left knee is waiting for a date " thanks very much

Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today we had a few errands to do and then to the park. Quiet not too many people around choice of places to sit and decided to walk down to our favorite bench in the shade along the water. Once or twice a week we have noticed a gathering of people in the area of the park known as the Enabling Gardens. It is paved with gardens surround it and benches and allows access to wheelchairs and other mobility aids so that people with mobility or disabilities have a place to spend time without any limiting barriers. I noticed today that there was another speaker in there today surrounded by maybe 20 people all on lawn chairs or wheelchairs sitting on walkers whatever. Originally I thought it might be outdoor church like gathering for seniors now know why they are there Remembering now that they hold story time in the park suited for adults and the speakers have such a talent for doing this wish I had of know sooner. I heard the man speaking say that people could sign up to receive notices of upcoming dates . All you have to do is show up with something to sit on. Sitting at picnic table getting bread ready for our feathered friends I sat listening to their expressionate storytelling voices sounded like the way that my Mom back when I was small could make the book she was readying seem so real as she read to my brothers and I each night before bed.

After the woman finished her story a man stepped up and his was about the first World War. He talked about the meaning of Matilda in the war and explained the song Waltzing Matilda wish I had of sat there with all of them straining to hear what he said from where we were sitting but loved what I heard. personal accounts of people years ago and their stories. Free of charge admission and want now to see what is coming up.
Sitting in the beautiful air sun shine and the water beside them. Hoping to get a head start next summer know it would be something we would both love to be able to join in on. Love our park this has been a beautiful summer. Holly
 
Hi So much going on so will return after surgery date is determined as not sure what to talk about for now. Stories about my park and geese are getting a little too boring for me to. Thanks to all who have written me and will come back later when I have some bone stories to share.
 
I look forward to hearing from you and will watch for a surgery date! Enjoy the beautiful weather while you can. Xoxo
 
Hi Just stopping by as I have received my test results for the iron test that was taken. Phone call from hospital from the nurse that coordinates tests needed before surgery concerning any issues concerning the blood tests. She works with the surgeons to ensure that everything is ok before surgery told me that my iron tests came back and the results are better then the last time around. She explained that the reason they are looking into this early is to make sure that by surgery time all is well with iron to help to prevent problems that might require a transfusion. I am hoping that I can get the iron level better and taking extra vitamins she has added to my list and trying to make sure that the iron level gets a bit higher. Managed last time to do this hope it gets better. She told me that she was not sure how long the wait would be and I told her I was told 4 to 6 months she said probably but she was hoping sooner. She is really nice and took care of me last time. She said she was expecting to hear from me as she knew how much the surgery was needed and happy when she noticed my name was on her list and wanted to get things started. I wish it would come quicker just want to get it over. She is calling me again in September and at that time will decide when to send me for another blood test. Thanks for your support and will check back when I know more. Thanks for your support Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Less then a month away till the date for my cortisone shot and the xray. Hoping my surgeon may have more information and maybe some good news. Holly
 
Holly,
I hope the cortisone shot helps, and you get to your surgery feeling OK, and able to get around.
 
Hi @Pumpkln and thankyou very much. Hope your knee is not giving you any pain and things are going good for you. Holly
 
Feeling like fall today need a sweater. Getting ready to go our townhouse summer picnic missed it last year so looking forward to being at it this year. Hamburgers, and hot dogs, cake no cooking tonight. We have the chance to win draws some for up to 500.00 and even a draw to reduce rent for the next month. Would be great . Very nicely done and relaxed atmosphere nice place to live and the staff that we see around the grounds and who we visit to pay rent to cook the food. We love living here . Going to enjoy the fresh air and maybe run into some of our friends hoping to get a place to sit not too far in and relax. Lots for the kids and adults garden contests, people receive gifts for the number of years they have lived here the 20th year we were given a beautiful flower arrangement and 200.00 in appreciation for our years of being part of this community. So surprised not something you see often nowadays. Not much need to have to move around too much , someone does balloon animals , face painting for the kids nice place meet up with friends. We guess we are on our way The weekend is almost here hope you have a great one. Holly
 
Well we are home again and what a lovely time we had. It is so cold outside some people had their winter coats on such a change in weather. I went in my shorts and a jacket so happy now although we had a wonderful time to be back inside and a bit warmer. Kids with beautiful balloon sculptures custom made by the female clown there, girls with butterflies on their faces and boys who looked like super heroes. Met one of our neighbors with her little dog we just love him he is so cute and tiny a little tiny black Pom. He just loves everybody. His name is Jack and we just love him goes for his walks by our home each day. We saw him peaking up over the table a few over and my husband just had to go over and see him and say hi.

I stayed where I was and waved afraid if I tried to stand up might fall over . Said hi when we were leaving and another chance to talk and see them and Jack . Music provided by the two guys that help out each year. They are about our age and they both sang like professionals one mentioned the last time that he actually played with a band that was well know in the 70's wish I could remember who they were then but so much talent.

So much sound from two people and they even took requests. Tiny kids and older ones dancing to the music wonderful to see. Sitting on the grassy area large tent above us in case of rain. Saw a friend of ours hoping she would come did not get a chance to go over and talk wondering why her husband was not there he has not been well and in his late 80's hoping to see her again soon. Sometimes the simplest of times are the most special. Not sure early today if we were going but hoping it would stay nice They were ready for the weather and ensured we would all stay dry. Everyone needs these types of moments . Get away from stress and spend sometime being relaxed. Happy to had this chance and what a nice way to spend some time. Hoping everyone has a chance to have time to relax free from pain and stress and company of people who make you feel good and maybe meet some new people to. Holly
 
Sounds like you had a great time. I am sorry you have to wait for the surgery. I, also, had to wait for my first knee - 3months and it seemed like forever because of the pain and yet in the end the day came as will yours. It is very hard to be hurting and have to wait.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing and when you get your date. I hope the shot helps you in September.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom