TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lavender
Dear Holly,
Sounds like a wonderful appointment :) He listened to your questions & gave you answers,
Priceless....
Here's hoping you will have a date soon.
Thinking of you Always :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:
 
Hi @Jozilla That would be great the wait if the wait time could be shortened. His estimated wait time was around Christmas time but wondering why he wants blood test as soon as possible as it could change before December. Hoping this means he is looking to do surgery before then. I am sure you are anxious to get your surgery done. Has the cortisone shot help any for you Hope it is keeping your pain level down a lot. Holly
 
Hi @Second Time Around Today it was really nice to have time with surgeon. He istressed that he is hoping that surgery this time will be followed by a calmer recovery time and nice to get to ask about medications and stuff as he was interested in what I was saying.
He did not mention how pt would be handled just went straight to the massage therapy knows pt did more harm then good for me. He said that in many cases pt works but did the opposite for me and caused swelling that was not a big issue on arrival home from the hospital. Hope your pain level is calm and that you are feeling better. Nice to hear from you Linda Holly
 
Thanks @bottomshollow looking forward to having two good knees and thankful for the support and kindness I have found being part of bonesmart. Bonesmart was the best place that I found during recovery and now and excited that my surgeon practices the same beliefs and caring ways that bonesmart has shown me.
 
Hi Diana @new knee in June Happy to have had such a good talk with surgeon today . He did not have a patient waiting after me and had more time today. I had time to spend discussing my knee and know this recovery time will be much easier then the first. I was very lucky to have time to talk about things that I wish could have asked first time around. He took time and listened and really felt comfortable like talking to a friend who was concerned. Now the wait till the phone call telling me what my surgery date will be. Probably during the winter hoping he has an opening before that but will just be happy to be on the list. Hoping you have a great week and hope everything is going great for you Your new avatar is cute. Wishing you a great day and looking forward to the weekend. Holly:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say @Diana @new knee in June Think you have a talent for tellng vegetable jokes. Really love the one about Noahs ark and the leeks. Holly
 
:sos::sos:Going a bit cross eyes on this side. Love reading posts but can't see the words with all of the numbers from left section on top. Hope they get this fixed love the new look but not the way it is making my screen look when reading. :sos::sos::sos::sos:
 
Finding myself posting on other threads when meaning to post on mine. Apologize if I have done this on anyones as this is becoming very confusing. I cannot see what I am doing and will be back in a few days hoping things look a bit better feeling like my computer has a viris sure it doesn't but feels like it . Put on my glasses but it still looks the same. Holly
 
Thanks @Pumpkln no more problems seeing posts no longer look all scrambled. Very exciting to get back to seeing what I am writing and readying. Love it. Have a great day tomorrow and wishing you a wonderful a calm pain free sleep. to. Holly
 
Hi weather looks nice today startng to get cooler weather feeling more like fall. Love the fall and spring the best but want to keep the warmer weather summer is going too fast. Yesterday one of our neighbours was out walking and stopped to talk. He lives somewhere in our townhouse commmunity and has had lots of health issues pace maker close to being blind. Just coming home getting ready to go in and relax. He mentioned that his home had been outfitted with mobility aids and said that the owner of our townhouses had set it all up for him. We asked to have a handrail put on our outside steps before my first surgery to help with climbing the stairs and they did it. Surprised but they asked what side we wanted it on and never thought about any other aids that would help. This guy has a different style of staircase in his unit more bedrooms but mentioned that they also put in a lift for him to go up the stairs , added bars to his bathroom, and changes to toilet and bathtub all free of charge. Going to pay rent today and ask if they would install a hand rail on the wall going up on the left side. I am going to also see if any other suggestions from them. We were gong to put a few bars on tub wall but did not want to drill the tiles he said they did this and were pleased to. Managed last time without bars just added our own commode and will need to purchase a bath aid but wondering what they might offer as this is a practice that is part of their program. Managed ok last time but bar in tub area would probably help with showering for support. Sometimes I guess you just have to ask other people do and they migh know what would be helpful. Holly
 
Wow wouldn't that be great if they paid for all those updates! My biggest issue last time was the shower as it is not a walk in. My leg didn't want to lift and I panicked. Good thing hubby was there to help! Josephine gave me the idea to use the leg lifter in the shower and I never had that problem again. Have a great weekend!
 
@lavender
Dear Holly,
Thank you for the acknowledgment that I am the "QUEEN" of all things Vegetable :)
It means a lot to me. I hope you get to have your replacement before the Winter.
My husband had his Hip replaced in November & said " Never, Again" he couldn't
Walk outside because of the snow & Ice :yikes:
Have a Wonderful Weekend,
Diana :friends::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Jozilla Today we went and asked if there would be a chance that they would add a railing on our stairway going upstairs on the left side. They said to let them know when we are ready and no problem. They also mentioned that they would be happy to install bars in our bathroom if we let them know when and this is something that they have done for other people who have any mobility issues. Maybe one bar just for the bathtub but mainly just need the stair railing.

Hoping not to need the bars for long as hoping to get back into the bathtub after left knee is healed and have managed ok with this with my right. Great suggestion from Josephine to use leg lifter that was something that I had a bit of trouble with last time and it would sure make it easier. We do not have a wal k in shower either just our bathtub. H ard to find a shower chair that is not too wide to fit. Not needing anything more then the railing as they are good enough to do this. Have a great weekend and thanks. Holly
 
Hi @Diana You are the Queen and tell great jokes . My husband and I especially like the one about the leek being kept off of the ark . He just mentioned it again really cute. I am hoping that the surgery date will be before it gets cold and snows as last surgery I was lucky to have in the spring when weather was warm enough for shorts and no snow or ice.

I did not won\t to have to wait through till next spring but know trying to dress warm with the scar will be difficult. Last time anything touching the scar really hurt. A friend of mine had her surgery in October the year before me and was alright before it snowed . I agree with you and do not want surgery in the winter. Now wishing I had asked for surgery at the past 1 year appointment might have been close to it being done by now. Crossing my fingers that the date will be moved up. Wishing you a great weekend and nice to receive your post. Holly
 
Oh another idea! I have a regular shower chair with back and arms that you can take off. My tub is small so I took the arms off and put it in the tub with the back of the chair against the tub wall. I could easily slide onto it and turn around. I also had a hand held shower that I love. It is great to hear they will be making the changes you want at home. That is great! Take care!
 
Thanks @Jozilla that is a great idea to, Found the legs on the chair that I had to return sat on the sides of the tub would not touch the bottom. They told me that the shower chair without the back would be the only option but the way you used your seat sounds like a good idea. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today when my husband was at the drug store returning something he purchased something for me to use for my next time around on left knee. A nice new leg lifter it has a rubber thing on the place where your foot goes so that i the loop will stay open. The one that I that I used last time was great but you had to try to open it up this one stays solid. Now just need a bath seat and then should be all set. Hope your weekend is going great Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Today we heard that alert for severe thunderstorms in our area was issued. Nice this morning and then very muggy . We were out all day and arriving late afternoon we just came home and then lots of heavy thunder lightening and sky really dark. The rain came down so hard it looked like a winter snow white out. Patio flooded hoping no one had any other stuff. we have had tornado action not too far from home over the summer months. Hoping no one had any of this weather but one thing ithe rain did do. pounding down so hard that it cleaned our windows. Our windows are so clean and screens too almost like they have been put through a car wash. Now drying up and saved me from cleaning them on my own not sure if they have ever looked this good. Lots of picnics in our park today and family reunion type of gatherings hope they did not get caught in the rain so heavy. Well no rain is predicted for tomorrow so a walk in the park is in our plans. Hope your weekend is going great. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom