TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember having a little group of us waiting in the eye doc's office having a friendly chat once when he was delayed having been called away for an emergency. Though normally I wouldn't have struck up a conversation in that situation we kind of naturally formed a little bond for that period--it was over an hour wait.
 
@lavender
Hello Sweetie :loveshwr:
I have missed a lot with you, I hope you are doing well :) So, first off, Happy Anniversary
To you & your wonderful Husband :flwrysmile:You are lucky to have found your Soul mate for life :loveshwr:
Happy Canadian Day, I don't know much about this, could you share ?
Wonderful News on your up-coming Surgery, I wish you only the best :friends:
Please stay away from "Toxic" relationships, the are not good for your health. I know it's hard,
But, it is their loss & they will soon come to realize it.
You have such a bright, sunny out-look on life, don't let anyone take that away from you :no-fin:
Thinking of you Always,
Diana :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
My husband and I stopped into Wendys the other day had a coupon so went for lunch. As we were leaving we noticed a lady walking with an older lady maybe her Mom and trying so hard to maneuvere the door to help companion the older woman through the door to leave. My husband reached out to help and said to the women. Please take your time no rush . We realized that the older woman was blind. As she was leaving she said thankyou you do not realize how much that statement and your kindness means to me. Made us feel nice and how much little things do really matter. Know it meant something to her to. Even a smile can go a long way. Holly
 
:roseshwr:Hi @Diana It i so nice to hear from you and I have really missed our converations to. Can't believe it has been 33 years seems like the other day I was walking up the church steps and then down the aisle. Love being married. Canada Day is when we celebrate the birth of Canada. It is now 147 years old and have just learned that this celebration has only been happening for 30 years. We were part of Britian and in 1982 the birthday celebrations were started it was this year that Canada became totally its own country.

My Moms parents my Grams parents were from England her Dad was in the British military as a blacksmith veternarian. My Grampa on my Moms side was from Scotland and came to Canada after joining the Navy at a very young too young age to find a life away from the coal mines/ My Gram was born in Pretoria Africa during one of the stops along the armys pathway she travelled as a tiny girl all over the world with her family. Her family settled in Guelph to and they actually lived in the house next to my Gramps family then they were married.

She had always wanted to retrace some of places they were placed at and some of them she did she was wonderful. I loved her so much.she loved life and very eager to learn and so smart. I have had difficulty dealing with the realization that my Mom was capable of things she has done have problems accepting that someone could leave one of their family as she did me. And the unkind way she treated my Dad who only thought the best of her.

My doctor has taken time with me and understands the situation and his adivce was basically my health can not deal with this anylonger. Hard to comprehend but a necessary move that has still not healed. I try to look for the best in life and try to see toe nice side but this experience has hit me very hard. Lots of love from my husband who supports me totally. I am actually looking forward to having my surgery and know it will make things even easier. Hoping surgeon will tell me he is going to move ahead soon just a few more weeks till my appointment.

I wish to thank you Diana and all of you so much for all of the kindness you have shown me you are truly wonderful caring people. I look forward to your letters and know you have a heart of gold. Missing what I thought my Mom and I once had and knowing my Dad has been looking after me. Wishing you a wonderful day and wonderful to hear from you Holly:friends:
 
Wishing all a very Happy 4th of July celebration Hope you have a wonderful day. Holly
 
Hi @Pumpkln I think that is true also as sometime now people are a little uncomfortable talking to people they do not know. Not having to have a conversation just sometimes a hello as passing. Think it does make you feel nice so much time now is rushing by . Holly
 
:friends:Woke up today and opened our gifts and our cards. Can't believe it is 33 years already so many things have happened and remember going into the driveway at our home and my Dad wishing me a great wedding day he was washing the car. Getting it ready for the flowers that my Mom and I picked up at our ARC industries building made of paper I think. We had a small wedding not quite 50 people mostly family and a few friends to. Just about 5 minutes before leaving for the little church it started to pour thunderstorm and then when we were all finished it cleared up sun came our hot . We went to a place a few cities a way to have a few days away. They told me that rain on your wedding day was a good sign. It must have been cause we are still very happy together. Holly:wave::SUNsmile::roseshwr:
 
Hi hope you are having a nice weekend. The weather here is just beautiful very hot but found lots of nice part sun shade places in our favourite park today and benches under the trees by the water. The carousel is open now and lots of kids riding the horses. Opening delayed for repairs and now nice to see it open.

We were watching a family today and funny the little boy maybe 3 or 4 years old was running behind a soccer ball kept kicking it. His family probably his Dad maybe an uncle to were trying to get this little guy to kick his ball to each of the men in a little triangle shape . He did not understand so he just took off running behind this ball cute when they are little a little wobbly running like crazy but amazing how much energy. Finally they seemed to decide he was having more fun the way he was going and they just ended up letting him run.

Remembering the days when I used to run and how much fun as a kid skipping was. Used to love it and remembering my friends and how much we used to do double dutch skipping kids we were all so active and how much fun. So many geese this year . Usually have something for them when we go but yesterday so many trying to eat all at once. Probably 30 surrounding our bench afraid mght step on their feet. They come up close enough to sit on your lap. Went today for just a little time to relax. Even without food today little bunches came to sit and relax with us. Appointments tomorrow and Tuesday. for my husband. Getting anxious to have my talk with the surgeon. Only three more weeks to go. Have a wonderful day. Holly:happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My husband surprised me with the movie "Winters Tale for our anniversary gift. Wanted to see it when it was on at the movies but something else was there at the time to so we missed it. I did not know what to expect can't alway tell by the previews but very pleasantly surprised. I like things from the victorian era and part of this was set during that time. . Really enjoyed it . Going to watch it again soon. I love doing cross stitch so one of the gifts he gave me was a cross stitch done on linen. Her name is Biancabella done mostly in blues and beads and so beautiful. Started working on her yesterday and know I am going to really enjoy stitching her. A pair of earring he surprised me with after getting dressed. Love the colour lavender and lilac the stone was a lavender colour so very pretty. We love movies so his gift was movies I know he has wanted to buy. We went out for supper at Kelseys after a walk in the park. Wonderful day. Now he says we are working on our 34th a few days in . Holly:loveshwr:
 
Hi I have been reading lots of posts over that past few weeks bring back memories of how it actually is. I still have no change of mind on wanting to have my left replacement done. I see how differently we all come through this surgery and how different each knee handles the surgery. I feel very fortunate to be part of such a wonderful place and know that whatever happens I will have you to help me through it. How soon the memories of the pain have gone away and how much the whole process was very much worth it. My husband is very patient and know I will be in good hands again this time around.

This time I am a bit more prepared for what will happen and reading all of the posts know that I am in good company. Survived the firsst surgery and know I can do it again. This time I will go through it will a lot less worrying and know I need to give it time go at my own pace and not push as hard as I was told to before.

I have faith in the surgeon and know he will do the very best for me.

Just wishing the appointment would hurry up and anxious to get back to walking on two good legs. Had my concerns at the beginning but know it all will turn out ok in the end. Holly
 
Yes, you definitely do have the benefit of experience with the 2nd knee.
 
:):dancy:Another beautiful day here old fashioned type of summer. Hot not humid. Today we went for our usual Saturday breakfast and then to the park. Sitting on a bench by the water we were met by a friend we met in the park. We occassionally meet in the park she has only lived in our city for 5 months and when she first arrived she stopped to ask if we knew a good vet stopped by and helped her get her bearings a bit. She walks her little dashund dog in the park and stops by to talk . Really nice. Noticed her having problems walking the other day and I mentioned that I was going for my appointment at the OS office . She explained that she was having intense pain in her ankle and almost to the point of being unable to walk but she needs to walk her beautiful little dog. I asked her if she had ever had it looked at and wondered if she could ask if cortisone would help. She is a few years younger then I am and worried that it is going to make it hard at her job. I saw her again today and she asked if we had been feeding the geese and ducks we see her quite often after she is finished work for the day and today it looked like it was even more sore. She was very interested when we started to talk about knee surgery and bones. She told me she has arthritis and wonders if that is causing the problem. Well only a couple of weeks more till my appointment trying not to get to ahead of things but wanting it taken care of. Holly
 
I am spending time trying to make sure that I look at the articles suggested on my first surgery. One thing that I know I need to do better this time is elevating my leg more often then before. I tried to elevate last time and did but with my leg being so heavy the only way was to get my husband to lift it up for me on the pillows or try to do it myself with my leg lifter. I just seemed to get it set in the place I thought it should be in and then had to get back up and use the bathroom seemed to be doing this more then anything last time. Maybe this time it will not happen as often.

I am enjoying re reading so many posts that helped me so much last time. I have looked at the posts in the successful recovery area and even more information. Even aftergoing through this surgery with my right knee still lots to learn and will have a few questions for surgeon on what difference in pain medication he can offer this time. Know the last surgery the medication did not work as was expected and hoping he can suggest something else.

Oxy contin I think was my prescription only to 7 weeks so hoping he has something else talking before sent home this time . Until my last surgery I had never taken anything stronger then tylenol and then only tylenol 3 after widsom teeth removal close to 20 years ago. No aggressive pt and no pushing this time around. Happy to see massage guy still works there and how calming and beneficial the weeks with his care were . Holly
 
Holly,
Sounds like you are going to be ready for your upcoming TKR.
Hope this time you can elevate your leg without assistance. Remember no two knees are alike, even on the same person.
 
Hi @ Reading articles on elevating you leg and when it says toes above your nose does this mean elevating while sitting up as well or do you have to do it laying down . I did not do this enough last time and thought maybe would need to purchase a few extra pillows. Wondered if sitting up would make it easier to get my leg up on my own using the lifter that has a handle for your foot to slide into and then just pull up used this last time. The first pt that came to our home was quite helpful wish I had kept having her for pt. She suggested propping my leg up on the end of the couch while laying down which was over a foot high but so hard to get it up on my own. Have been reading articles on wedges is their any advantage over pillows. Wedges seem more expensive.
 
I haven't used wedges but I'd think they'd be convenient. I have a bunch of spare pillows so I was too cheap to buy anything new for elevating. :wink:

I think lying down makes it easier to get your leg high enough but either way could work.
 
Just wondering why my right operated leg foot is quite often swollen a bit by ankly and down to toes. I have had this since my surgery and does not seem to change. Always feels tight and wondered if maybe elevating it would help that is partly why trying to find out more about elevating before it maybe happens next time in left foot. Also after surgery started having problems with my right toe big toe. Never had this before but uncomfortable and finally starting to feel a bit better. Always forget to ask about it when seeing my doctor could it have anything to do with the surgery just wondered. Hope you are having a great day. Thanks so much Holly
 
Hi @kneeper Think pillows are probably more in my price range to. Going to check out some new ones for our bedroom and then that will give me 4 for elevating
 
^right. then they are multipurpose and not just for elevating. :)
 
Well I hope this next couple weeks goes fast. Yesterday had a spill in the park let go of my husband by bench spun around and went down. First fall but scared me and lucky it was on the grass almost hit the cement. I wish the appointment would hurry up getting very sore and today a bit bruised. I do not want to go through the recovery again but it worked out ok.

Scared of curbs more now as left leg is not very strong anymore. Fear of falling off so my husband helps me down. Knowing I will not agree to leaving the surgery any longer then needed. Seeing surgeon on the 30th July for arranging surgery arrange for having this will be done and as he knows that it is in the shape it is he hopefully will get it started. Grinding bone on bone and very sore. Age was mentioned last time well. Age was not mentioned with my first knee. The time needed to totally heal was mentioned as well he wanted me to be ready and my right knee ready to take care of it but it is already doing that. Afraid that taking care of my left knee might hurt my right. Just want to get it repaired and get on with stuff. I know my surgeon is looking out for me and will do the best for me. Promise of no pushing this time. Told he would do it when my doctor and I decided and so we have decided. Two more weeks hope it goes fast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom