Guest viewing is limited

TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are enjoying watching the gosslings grow up, the are so cute.
Your insect repellent sounds interesting, I am going to look out for it at the store.
 
Today we went out for our breakfast at our favourite place in the next town and ran into one of our friends. We worked with this woman for 39 years and really pleased to see her again. She had one knee replace in the fall of the year that store closed and then one in the spring just after my surgery. She asked about my knees and was surprised that I was waiting to see how my left knee managed. I told her it was quite sore an she noticed that I was walking with my husbands arm for support. The same surgeon did both of our surgeries and I told her why I had decided to wait.

She told me to do what I thought but do not let anyone steer you from what you want. I have been thinking that the surgery would probably be the best choice but wanted to try to see but now wondering why if it is sore now it might just get even more sore and why am I waiting. Have had this decision on my mind lately to and regretting the putting it off. I am going to see the diabetic nurse at the clinic on Monday and since my doctors office is there to think I am going to book in with him and start the process again get my referral and then see to my next knee my left.My doctor seemed surprised at my last visit that I had not had the left done and although he supported me on my choice think he wondered if it was the best choice. Hoping to get it done before it gets even more difficult to walk on and maybe this time around things will work out even better for the bend. Have a great weekend Holly
 
Glad to hear you are moving ahead with a consultation on your knee!
Hope you get in soon.
 
Hi Well today was the day I went for my my diabetic appointment . Progress is being made still a bit more to go but happy to see things are getting a bit better. Now time to get on with left knee being taken care of. After signing into the reception desk before my appointment I asked about how to go about getting for a referral for the surgeon. My doctor is in the same clinic building as the diabetic nurse so the nurse said I did not have to make an appointment to do this she said she was sending a message through to him to let him know that the time was now.

As he knows the situation he will probably be ready to hear this news. He is always on top of things and know he will sent the request through right away. Now hoping it won't take too long to get things started. My leg felt a little better today maybe it knows and is trying to make me rethink it. I am very happy with my right replaced knee not as sore it has been working overtime to help my left knee.

Thinking today while out on our walk how much stronger it really is as compared to just over a year ago and how happy that I made the decision to have this surgery done. I think since the swelling has gone down a lot over the past week . Feels like it is even moving more then before and feeling like it was before it got sore again. Hoping that the wait this time is shorter and that my left knee will soon feel as strong and stable as my right. Wishing a wonderful day to you Holly
 
Today was a great day good news from the doctor. My family doctor sent a message to me that he has sent a referral to the surgeon concerning replacement of my left knee.. Today received a phone call to let me know that the ex-ray form had been prepeared and just had to pick it up on the way home went for an ex-ray on my left knee :dancy:and the process has began. Hoping for the best and happy to get things going. Holly:dancy::eyebrows::wowspring:
 
Hi @Pumpkln Thanks and I am so happy to get the process started happy I waited but now it is time don't want to wait too much longer. Holly
 
I see my surgeon next week. I think my other knee will be in September. Take care.
 
Hi @Jozilla good news for you wishing you the best at your appointment and hoping your surgery is near for you nice to get it over with Holly
 
Today and other step was made. My doctors assistant called and told me that the surgeon has set a date for my appointment to see him. Called the hospital to arrange to pick up a disk of my ex-rays and on Monday will pick up the disc and take it to his office. Feeling very positive vibes. Appointment will be on July 30th 2014 in his office . Instructed to take my medications to the appointment with him it is sounding a little like the last time just moving a lot faster. Thinking if he wants my medications he must be thinking of this surgery sooner then I thought I would get in for surgery. Keeping my hopes high and hoping for the best news. Holly
 
Hi Well thinking that I have most of what I will need but still have to find a bath transfer seat. I purchased a wrap around ice pack pad last time and I was told that I could use it for the next so that should be ok. I may be jumping ahead too fast but want to be ready and going whenever he sets the date. Beautiful day here. This Tuesday is Canada Day in Canada.

Wishing all Canadians a Happy Canada Day and a happy July 4th to all Americans . My husband and I will be married for 33 years on the 4th of July so we will be celebrating this special time with all of the people who will celebrate their July 4th celebration in the United States. Wishing everyone a very happy weekend and a very happy July 1st and July 4th as well. Holly
 
Today I picked up the disc of my x-rays and took it to the surgeons office they are closed for the Canada DayH today and tomorrow so the secretary beside her left on surgeons secretaries desk for me. The clinic that my surgeon works in has gone through some positive changes. Now most of the surgeons who do this surgery have all moved into the same building nice as the parking there is free.

Noticed that the ortho clinic has expanded into more units in this location and that the massage guy that helped so much is also still there in the building. Just a few doors down from where he was but still with the same cinic. The surgeon who did my husbands surgery for his fractured wrist has also moved from his location across the city is also here so one stop for all specialist in this field. As things get closer going to inquire about a prescription to return to the massage as it did more for my leg then any of the pt that I had.

More positive and beneficial to my knee recovery. My surgeon has assured me that he will not allow the aggressive pt again and is supportive of a much gentler approach says he knows that the pt in my case did not do what it is supposed to . Going into this next surgery wiser then the first time around. Now know what questions to ask and not going to be afraid to take care of my knees needs. Thanks to bonesmart and my wonderful husband to. Holly
 
Today was Canada Day here and we had a nice day. We went to our favourite restaurant today for a nice Canada Day brunch love going there we have made a number of friends and love being part of the wondeerful atmosphere they have. So friendly. Still no calls or contact between my Mom and me since she called me nassty things and hung up on me and this after 3 years of running around fr her and thinking you were doing the right thing.

My brother that I see the most is very disapppointed in the way she treated me and others in my family and has told both her and my oldest brother that they have made a big mistake. I will usually go after her nasty moments and try to put what she does behind me know she won't be with us long but how long can you allow this treatment to go on. The mean things she said and the way she talks about my Dad make me think as hard as it is to understand that our relationship is toxic. My Dad was a wonderful man and very unselfish but she is totally the opposite and now seeing how she actually is.

My oldest brother has a hard time dealing with his private life and needs her to bail him out of his problems never understood this fully but now things are becoming clear. I have been advised that the only way this will heal is to let it all go and stay away. The last thing that she said to me before we took her home on the last day we took her to the pharmacy was don't let what is going to happen change you. My understanding now from what my other brother said is that she had signed home over to him when my Dad died to have so that he could leave his wife.

I now know that she will give him the home we grew up in so that he can give my niece who is following in her Dads footsteps my Grams home which was originally given to my brother .Always told people we were all loved and treated equally but since the time during my Dads being placed in the home and then dying she is showing her true self. Do people change this much or do you love them for who you think they are ande then they show who they really are. My oldest brother as she calls him her golden boy is that a real saying 60 years old and a golden boy .

My brother and I talk my closest brother and he said stay the way I am he told me that his dtime in the limelight can only last so long how will he cope when the day comes and she is gone. No one to live his life for him and will then have to stand on his own feet. Before this happened he told my Mom he wanted to take care of her things on his own and he wanted to step in where my Dad left off. Just releasing managing ok/ Why do people think they can mistreat people in the name of being family . Well at least this time around if surgery is done I will have time to take care of my knee instead of running errands for someone who I now know I no longer mean anything to. Rules of the house that I grew up in as she said are now no talking about my Dad and no emotions about him so guess she is going to be alone.
 
Lavender ,
I am sad to hear you have so much to deal with, it is hard to let go of family.
I was happy to hear your surgeon is going to support the Bonesmart philosophy, wishing you all the best.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Thankyou @Pumpkln Going to concentrate on the good things and so many great things to be thankful for. Letting go of the family stuff is hard but only because my family had always been very important to me. Now concentrating on the things that mean the most and my amazing husband who loves me and who I love and means everything to me. And the friends who care and are there for me. Looking forward to the improvement the surgery will make in my ability to walk even easier then I have and seeing even more because of it. Thanks for your kindness Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My niece called us tonight and thanked us for her birthday gift. Hard to believe she is 22 now how time flies and how lovely she is nice. She told me when I asked her about her job as a camp councellor at a summer camp she is working at. She is now in charge and taking care of councellors and 50 kids. She is so patient and getting along great. Her summer break as she has been attending teachers college and this year she will start her on the job training just one year to go.

My other niece her sister is moving. They have bought their first house and know my brother will help them with whatever things they need with this house . My niece works at our hospital . She c ame in to visit me when I had my first surgery and kept me supplied with warmed blankets for some reason I was very cold not usually cold but cold then.

We had a nice talk seems like the other day she was a brand new baby . Never had our own children wanted them very much but life had other plans for us .Friends and family who knew how much a family meant so the kids in my family were very special to us made lots of baby clothes and just loved to have time with them. We found our own way to have our own family. We brought our little family home in 1994 , after we visited a little pet shop in our city. At eight weeks old our little Oscar and our wee Elizabeth his sister and then 6 months later Katie and Emily who were also 8 weeks old.
This was twenty years ago and Katie the youngest died two years ago so many memories were loved so much. Memories of days when the little kids were all small and how nice they turned out. My brothers and my sister in laws did a wonderful job raising them. A little emotional so many nice times then and brings back how much fun we had with all of them Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering who we will meet today. Yesterday at Walmart buying Kraft salad dressing they had it on sale so pick a few extras out to try . As we were looking a lady came up and started looking somehow we got into a conversation and just started to talk kind of nice . Funny how sometimes you meet a stranger and feel comfortable discussing the Mandarine orange one I was looking at even have a type of Raspberry and then Ranch and Italian too. As they say it is a small world and how much in common we as people actually have.

Then to the mall for a look at a gift for each other as Friday is our anniversary. Sitting on the bench by the door it started to really pour came down really hard almost like a white out. Had to wait to run to the car and then another lady. She sat down and asked about the rain and then another conversation. Someone that I had worked with also stopped by and then the three of us talked waiting for my husband to come back from his shopping. As we were leaving to go to the car rain stopped for a few minutes the girl that we had worked with asked who the other women was and I said I had just met her there.

Sometimes people just need to have someone to talk to . I stopped in to our bank with my husband to talk about stuff and then found ourselves with our bank lady who is like a friend she wanted to know how things were and how we were not nosey just friendly and very personal. People now adays are sometimes uncomfortable about making eye contact the time that might have been spent in others company is replaced by a cell phone.

With all of the cautiion needed to ensure that we do not run into people who are looking to harm, sometimes you miss out on the great ones. A simple kind guesture on the road, sometimes put someone ahead of yourself in a line up when your cart is full and they only have a few things. Funny how sometimes kind guestures are not always expected and how quick you can bring a smile to their faces or their kind guestures can bring a smile to your face.

Always believe that maybe a kind turn might be carried on to others after a kind guesture is given kind of like a niceness chain. Meet people in our park sitting on our bench even if it is a hello have to be wary I know but how smiles and small little talks can go along way. Hope you have a wonderful day.:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:Holly
 
I agree it is important to be open to conversations with strangers. A brief exchange can make your day sometimes. Glad to hear of your friendly interactions.
:wave:

I saw an article recently that said how important these short short interactions can be for us. Saying hello to people is good for our mental health.

Most people are good and just want a friendly exchange. We all know if the conversation gets uncomfortable to leave.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom