TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching everywhere for my camera. My husband bought me a camera when our store was closing up and I used it then to take my park pictures. It is a digital camera and so tiny kind of the size of a phone. It had as I discovered a video camera on it as well so I have taken pictures of the park and our garden but now missing not even sure when I lost it. Know I took it to my brothers for the last Christmas with my Dad at home but now no idea where. I keep seeing a pouch of somekind in my mind with a dark inside and remember telling myself to remember it was there as it matched the inside of the pouch usually put it back in the box but no idea where it is now. My hsuband says he is sure it is in our house said I would have remembered it if it was outside. I am forgetting so many things blaming it on the busy year we had just trying think of where it could be maybe looking at it and not seeing it. Well we still have my husband taking pictures and he is great so many weddings he supplied people with pictures he took casually and they were so pleased. Happy Saturday Holly
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
 
:egypdance:This week is my first year appointment with the surgeon that did my surgery. I will be seeing him on Friday May 2 to discuss the results of the exrays that I had done on Monday this week and hoping to come:yes!: up with a date for my next surgery for my left leg. Kind of anxious hoping that he can fit me in for this soon. So pleased with :SUNsmile:my right knee now and know this will help even more with my movement. Just a few more days to go. Holly
 
@lavender
I hope you can get an appointment sooner rather than later for your other knee:)
As you know, waiting is the hardest part.
Have you found your camera yet ?
It is so cold & rainy out:hairpulling: We are still wearing our winter clothes & putting on the heat
In the house:shocked:We need some :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::yes!: But rain the next few days.:bawl:
Talk Soon,
Diana:wave::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
:happydance::):yes:Hi @Diana:wave: So nice to hear from you. Yes really hope he is planning the next knee for surgery soon. Getting creaky and only sore when walking too much. Still not sore like the right knee but not so stable feeling. I still have no idea where my camera went. I have searched everywhere I don not think I have left it somewhere outside our house as I only took it for Thanksgiving I think really not sure and then only to the park when my leg got to the point I could drive a few pictures of our garden:flwrysmile: keep hoping I will reach out to move something and it will be right in front of me but no luck can't believe it is this lostbut then again it is quite tiny. Now going to look through the Christmas decoration downstairs maybe I packed it up with them running out of ideas where it went. Our weather has been pretty nice. Thankful to lose the snow but today it is raining really hard would be a blizzard probably if snow not rain. Really love these new little happy faces so cute.:loveshwr::eyebrows:

This week the forecast is rain every day and today missed our park walk really pouring. Did a few errands and came home. Really surprised to find my husbands car keys in the garden though had never thought we would have seen those again. Your avatar picture is really nice:). You look very relaxed and content. Hoping your weather gets warmer the cold weather seems to want to stay a little longer. Now taking insulin. It is easier then I thought the numbers have dropped a but and my nurse at the clinic is pleased but still a little ways to go. Trying to relax more with things and understand some things just have to be let go. I am not comfortable with friction try to stay mellow now enjoying the time my husband and I have together he is great. So nice to hear from you Diana and really enjoyed receiving your post. Holly:curtsey::loveshwr:
 
Waking today my husband and I were talking about the things that have taken place since last spring. He knows how much this forum has helped me and how much I have enjoyed being part of it. He has been so patient and has made a big difference in my recovery to. Always supportive . We were talking about my surgery and told him how much he has meant to me through it and everything else. He mentioned that he was happy that I was a part of bonesmart he said he sees how much it has meant he likes seeing the enjoyment that this forum has brought . Nice to have people who understand so aside from my husband bonesmart has played a big part in my having less fear to have my left knee replacement arranged. Friends and family tried nice but stillas hard as some tried really did not understand the same. Aside from my husband no one has helped me and made me feel great like all of you great friends. Thanks and no awaiting the next time around. Know you will be there when new questions pop up Thanks again Holly
 
Hi Well went on Friday for my one year checkup. He was pleased that all was looking great on my ex-ray on my right knee said everything was in its right place. He mentioned hat my left knee has a lot of arthritis in it and he knew this before but we talked about how I was managing . I told him we were going for walks getting a little easier still need support of a bench or my husbands arm once and a while but going ok. He was happy that I was getting out surprised that the stairs were going better and liked that I could now do one stair per foot . I told him it is still a little tight coming down but still ok.

He wants to wait till the replaced leg gets a little more time he said it might get even stronger over a bit of time. Still measuring eyed up about 90 degrees and he expressed his feeling about how difficult this process was for me he mentioned it had been a rough road pleased that getting on with things. I am going to wait a little longer and then when it feels time talk to my family doctor he will operate when I am ready but sees no great rush until I say enough. Wants me to have a little break summer is coming. Without the increased bend he was concerned about whether the pain I am having is unbearable . Very little pain on replaced leg not often and not so much pain on the left as I had before my right leg surgery just cracks a little bit. I guess I am a little relieved now did not realize I was a little tense about it but guess I was. Thinking if all goes well maybe make plans for next spring want to do some stuff this summer go to the beach and do things have not done for a number of years.

I can handle this leg so much easier then the other still bone on bone but now not in so much rush. He is a caring man and trust his ideas. I am now feeling great that this is one less thing have to do right away but as he said it still will have to have surgery in the coming years. He did although express how the pt did me more harm he said it is not usually the way it always works but for me it was not a good idea. Next time no pushing so so how things look as we go and then the option of surgery. Holly
 
Congratulations - your one year visit sounded very positive. I think it is good taking a break as long as you can. I will have my second one done about ten months apart. It should have been sooner but I also want to enjoy the summer and some time in between. I hope you enjoy the good weather and you will know when it is time to have the other one done!
 
Hi @Jozilla Nice to read your post. My husband went in to the appointment with me . Followed me in looked there he was so happy he could be there to hear the news. Hoping that your surgery goes great for you and so much easier when the pain stops. I am pleased as when the first knee was sheduled he told me that it was my choice which one to do first. Each knee as he showed me on the ex-ray was bone on bone I picked my right to get the worst one for pain out of the way. He told me that right up till the day before surgery I could change the knee being done stuck with the right as it was the most painful one. He looked at my ex-ray and said even though bone on bone and arthritis it has held up really well. Good news to hear that the way things are going the left has handled it all better then expected.He will operate when needed but said that with my age if I can hold on without too much discomfort for a little bit longer will be better for me in the end. Happy to be done for a while and my husband is telling me so pleased the end result of a very rough time has turned out so much nicer then expected. Holly
 
Hi everyone well I am in the third week of my recovery. My surgery date was April 26 and I am really glad that I have this wonderful place to be part of and read letters from people who are having the same experiences that I am. The pain is more than I expected it to be and I am dreading the visit from my pt this week. She is focused on getting my knee to bend 90 degrees and said that it is very common in my stage of the process.

The outer side of my right knee which is the one that the replacement was done is very numb but sore she said that if I moved more this would not happen. The pt told me that I should take the palm of my hand and rub the right side vigorously with it. I wondered if this is something that someone else had as well.

I find that after her visit my leg is worse and takes the rest of the day to try to calm it down. This is truly a place of inspiration and has made me feel so much less alone in the way that my leg and knee feel. Thanks so much to all of you you are wonderful. Holly
Holly, sorry for the quote of your entire post, but it is the only way I can get to Post Reply button! The numbness is normal; the notion of rubbing the numbed area is to desensitize that area but the numbness is going to be there for awhile. I am one year out from my TKR and am so happy that I can say, now, the recovery process was worth it. If the PT is working you so hard that it takes all day to recover, I would say he/she is working you too hard. But icing, icing, icing will help. Do you have an ice machine?
 
Hi Holly - my choice also as to which knee to have done. I chose the right as I also have neuropathy in that leg. I thought it might be harder to recover. So far it is good at almost six months out I feel very fortunate. Enjoy some time with your hubby!
 
Hi @nicolse Nice to hear from you. I had my surgery last spring but am finding that a lot of the numb feeling is going away. Just a few weeks past the one year anniversary and so happy that I had this life is so much easier now. So happy that I had the surgery has made such a difference in how I get around. I did not have an ice machine but used a wrap that held two ice packs which was purchased from the hospital prior to my surgery it was used after the surgery when surgery was completed and then at home for my icing. I am happy that your results were good and that you like me are happy that you had this surgery. My left knee is creaky and the plan was to have the left knee replaced after my first year but waiting now as it is managing pretty good no cartiledge but not as sore. It will need the same surgery but waiting to have some time and surgeon is happy with how all went. Hope you keep enjoying your new knee and the things that are now easier since it has been replaced. Happy weekend Holly
 
Hi Holly! We are at the same place then! Tomorrow (May 6) is my 1 year anniversary; my left knee is also beginning to hurt going down stairs, but I want to enjoy this spring and summer as I missed out on it last year (recovering). Have a great day!
 
Hi @nicolse wishing you a happy first anniversary for you and your new knee and wishing you a wonderful summer well deserved. Take it easy and nice to see this first surgery behind us. Holly:ok::SUNsmile:
 
Hi The weather here is absolutely beautiful lots of walks to visit our geese in our favourite park by the water. Feeling so much more comfortable finally the insulin is working and the readings that had become to high have started to drop. Actually not dreading taking the glucose readings now they have improved so much. Actually have to watch as some have dropped a little lower then they should.

Worried at the beginning that it might not work for me as up till last week still higher . Went to the movies yesterday and returned home measured a 3.9 now have to keep an eye that they do not go that low . Nice to have the summer this year no surgery and just enjoying the ability tha this new knee has brought. No pain in replaced knee at all now small twinge in left but not as bad as before. Now just over a month of insulin and feeling so much better not so tired and getting back to normal.

Now waiting for the arrival of the baby geese and ducks look forward to seeing them with their Moms and Dads. Knowing left knee will eventually have to be replaced bone on bone but happy it is not during this summer. The beautiful weather is worth the wait of the long winter and now just going to enjoy it. Have a great week Holly
 
@lavender
Hello Holly :wave:
It's so great to hear your energy is better :) No pain in your knee is excellent :yes!:
I will be 1 year tomorrow for my knee. Doing well & also enjoying the nice weather.
Hopefully I won't need any more replaced parts, as my knee was from a car accident :beg:
Enjoy your gorgeous park & all the wild life.
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
:loveshwr::friends:Hi @Diana So nice to hear from you and congratulations on your first anniversary for your knee. Hard to believe that the year has passed already. Hoping that you will not have to have any more of this surgery to once is enough. I am happy that the surgeon thought it was ok to wait weather is beautiful and spending so much time outdoors making the most of it. Today when we were walking to the next bench up by the largest waterfall we spotted a female Mallard duck they have not been visible for a little while.There are males 7 of them but not the females.

Looking across the water noticed a female duck swimming and realized that clustered swimming behind her were tiny little pom poms:flwrysmile: swimming like crazy and trying to keep up. Trying to count them realized she had 12 little ones. Have been waiting for this time love to see them as they grow and so nice to relax wlth it. They are so loving of their little ones as are the geese and neat to see them teaching them how to do the things they do.

Our garden is really growing so pretty and our new neighbor keeps coming over to see the progress she is really nice and like to talk about plants. Do you like gardening I am sure that your garden is beautiful. Our climbing rose must have had a hard time through the winter it was so cold here. I will miss her beautiul pink and cream flowers she is a New dawn and spanned the langth of our front fence about 7 feet high our neighbours walking past always admired how beautiful she was going to miss her flower been waiting to see if she would come back but think whe may have to be cut down. My husband and I are going to look for more if she needs replaced no sign of life. My insulin is doing the trick and is really helping so nice to see it making a change. Hope you have a wonderful week @Diana and really enjoyed receiving your letter Holly:thumb:
 
@lavender
Holly,
You description of your park is wonderful :) I feel like I am sitting on a bench
Watching all the sights. I know your knee will cooperate & let you enjoy the Summer :SUNsmile:
I am glad you are feeling better.
Sincerely,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Today I realized that I have made a mistake. I have not had too much pain lately and thought it would be ok to taper off the celebrex pills that my doctor prescribed. We pay for our own drug plan and the cost of my diabetic supplies is taking a chunk of it so no great pain so thought the celebrex would not be missed. I was so wrong now a week in and so much sorer. Went for a big walk resting between on benches enjoying the little geese and so cute they rub against your legs while feeding and so soft. Tried counting them today and think there is a total of 23 so far and counting. Today was swimming lesson day for them tried so hard to get back out of water momma showed them how to go over the little waterfull and walk back up the paddle boat ramp. lovely little babies all different sizes. This would make a really cute kids story book. The family of eleven babies range so different in size cute to see the tiniest one following a bigger one then when the bigger one settled the tiny on cuddled in and fell asleep so cute. Tiny little head still yellow peaking out from under the pile and squiggled to find his way out. After the park we then decided to go to a nursery nearby for a look around and then it happened. I managed to get in and go a bit of a distance then felt like my leg was going to drop.

My left leg is doing ok lately until today and felt bad really wanted to spend time there found some Found some pretty perennials to plant and rings for our Peony bushes and then made my way back as quick as I could to our car which was not so quick. My husband stayed to pay for our plants. Planning to plant them tomorrow.

Couldn't wait to get back to our car so good to sit back in the soft seat and give both legs a rest. It feels a lot more swollen then it has for a while and now know no way for now I can cut out the Celebrex. Still not anything compared to the pain after surgery. Hoping that with the new need for insulin I could outweight it with no more celebrex which is very expensive but my leg says no more so it is now the boss. Will wait till Monday forgot to ask for a refill last appointment actually did not think it was needed anymore but now know I was wrong. Do not want to do anything that will stop my being active with our walks and the beautiful weather. So guess it is better to keep taking it at least for now. Holly My doctor must have saw the request for the refill he is wonderful and the pharmacy just called tosay he told them to give them to me oh nice to think I will not have to slow down that much now..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom