TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Holly,
How nice to hear you talk to your Dad :angel:At work late at night, all by myself, on a
Picnic table, looking up at the stars, I also talk to my Mother ( not out loud ):heehee: It gives me
Great comfort & Peace. I hope you receive the same from your Father ( I am sure you do ) :)
Hold onto that feeling as it is quite precious.
I hope you & your wonderful Husband have a peaceful Weekend,
Take Care,
Diana:console2:@lavender
 
Dear Holly,
Happy to hear you had a nice visit with your brother today :) You sound happy & relaxed.
I love your last sentence ....."You are not mad or upset, you will let it play out the way they want"
You are a very wise woman... Remember, your Mom doesn't mean to upset you. I would just shake
My head "YES" to my Mother, just to make her happy ( very hard for me to do ):hairpulling: But, it kept
The peace so that is what I did:heehee:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:@lavender
 
Hi Diana Nice to receive your letter. I know I can't change the way this is going to turn out. Tried but know his intention from the beginning was to find a home to put my Mom in. He told me when my Mom broke her leg in the fall of 2011 that he had inquired about homes for both of them and fought to make sure he did not do this. The promise of inheriting the family home has slowed his decision but as my visiting brother said when we were talking today he knows she is on a list and waiting till a place comes up. My brother today said they are both playing a very dangerous game as she needed a lot of help with her daily needs and we were very willing to do them for her

Now as hard as it is know that he is in charge and with the power she has given him will handle this his way. I wish it could be different and that she could see what is going to happen but he has signing power and although I have been told we have equal power of attorney for her have never seen any paper work proving my power of attorney and have been told that to be this I should have signed papers with the lawyer. Hoping it turns out for her but no way of turning it around. She has told me she wants to discuss it with me but so far has not done so. Wishing her the best but wish she would see what is happening would not believe he is capable of what I hope is not going to happen
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@lavender
Good Morning Holly,
How are you ? Good I hope :) The last 2 days have been in the 50's. Saturday I was out on my
Deck in shorts & no socks or shoes :SUNsmile: But, all good things must come to an end....Snow &
Polar Vortex for this week :beg:I love the snow & the cold, but not the bitter cold :shocked:At least
February is almost over. Sorry you had to return your tub seat, could you find one that fit ?
I am so happy you are feeling great & pain-free :happydance:It is a wonderful feeling. How was the
Movie ? I am trying to go to "American Hustle" but my husband & I both work nights. Maybe
Some afternoon we could go.
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Off to work for me :SUNsmile:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Hi Holly,
I hope you are well.
Have you got a date yet for your second knee op? It sounds like knee one is making good progress. How do you feel about doing it all over again?
I was very pleased to get the chance to do knee two knowing that once it was done I would have two good knees.
I am so pleased now that it is all done and I am making steady progress.
Is the baby blue sweater for you? I haven't managed to do any more knitting recently as work has been taking over.
I am hoping that life will settle down soon and I will be able to sit and knit again.
Take care and be happy, you are a very talented and thoughtful lady,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Toothfairy It is so nice to hear from you. I am going to see the surgeon that did my right leg on April 29. We discussed my left leg when I met him at the massage appointment last fall and he said at that time that he would leave it up to me when the second surgery is done. I think things have improved more over the past few months for my right leg and trying to get it stronger so it will be ready for the next time to help with my left getting around. I had equal damage to both knees and decided to have the right done first as it was quite sore and creaky. My left knee is very creaky but has never been as sore as the right but no cartiledge. I have almost forgot how sore the recovery time was know it really hurt but not remembring the pain so much. I am more concerned about the time period for healing and not wanting to miss getting to the park for the spring. I am very happy with my right leg now it is making things so much easier. My husband bought me a kit for Valentines day and the blue sweater was made for me to wear. I used to knit a lot when my brothers babies were small and then when they got bigger lots of sweaters and dresses really loved making them but until the sweaters I made last spring and fall I had taken a long break and had to get used to it again lost the feel but now really loved making these. The blue sweater is made of chunky wool really soft and cozy. It was in a book that came with my reindeer sweater and liked it when I saw it. I found buttons at our sewing store and they matched perfectly. I was told that the timing for my left leg was up to me when ready he would replace it. Things have slowed down now here and not seeing Mom anymore she said she didn't want to . She said that we make her feel old and she can't deal with me no idea what has happened but know my brother wants total control and maybe I was getting in the way. Feels strange but things for my husband have improved medically and although it happened fast think maybe she has not enjoyed our time for a while. Today would have been my Dads 86th birthday and the conditons of visiting her are no talking about him. Not sure how you can love someone for that many years and then just pretend they didn't exist. I I hope you are doing great to. Wishing you a wonderful week and all of the very best to you Holly
 
Good Morning Holly,
How are you ? Good I hope :) I didn't know you had to have your other knee done.
I am sure whatever you decide will be fine. I had my knee done in June, it was nice
Because I set-up a place on my deck, so I could get some :SUNsmile: Plus, the ice felt good
On my knee when it was hot out. I hope you & your wonderful husband have been able
To go out & have some fun. Do you have a favorite restaurant ? What is your favorite
Meal ?
Have a nice weekend,
Thinking of you:friends:
Diana:flwrysmile:@lavender
 
Hi Diana Nice to receive your post. The summer that my place of employment closed I had an appoointment with the OS and he gave me a cortisone shot. I went back to him 5 mnths later and the decision was made as he said that the shot would only help with the pain but the bottom line was that it would need to be replaced. During the next few month waiting for a date I went for my second e-ray and on the next appointment with the surgeon he showed me the results both knees had equal damage and no cartiledge other damage as well the option was that I could have either knee replacement first. Chose my right as it was the one that was the most uncomfortable. I visited with him last fall at another appointment and he told me that when I was ready and knee had time to heal he would do the next surgery on left knee.

It is getting time now as the right is doing better so hoping the date can be set soon so not going interfer with summer park trips. My husband and I have been using our crockpot so much more now and so eating out is usually for breakfast. We love going to a buffet restaurant that is family owned lots of room but very personal wonderful service and homemade food. Love their belgium waffles with cherries and whipped cream not supposed to eat this much for sugar but nice for a little treat. Tthe restaurant is in a little Mennonite town a couple of miles from our home. We love their breakfast buffet all good food nice variety and we have friends there make you feel like you are so welcome. The weather here is still cold but the snow is desappearing nicely and roads clear. Still lots of ice on the roof but sun and clear days make it feel so nice. So nice now hearing birds singing outside and talk of the Maple syrup festival in this town make spring feel so much closer. Looking forward to wearing my new sweater just needs to be a bit warmer no more coats when that happens. Really enjoyed the movie Pompeii . Did you get a chance to see "American Hustle"? It seemed to have quite a few stars in it. This morning we are going for our Saturday breakfast at our favourite place the ride is pretty lots of beautiful scenery and relaxed pace. My husband is anxious for the trees to make their leaves he says that they look too bare this way althought I am also looking forward to seeing the buds come out really see beauty in the different shapes the have and how they to have their own personaliies some rounded and some tall just love trees my Dad loved planting them and maybe that is where my appreciation for them came from. I have a dentist appointment next week for a checkup love my dentist he is so gentle and caring just going hopefully for a checkup and cleaning. My husbands blood pressure had always been low very low but with all that has happened they actually had to put him on medication . Diabtic sugar reading were high and now back way down things have got back to normal for him and nice to see him feeling better. Now working on mine to get where I was my doctor called me exceptional patient when reading were so good now have to get them where they were. Wishing you a great week Diana and thanks for your kindness. Holly
 
Today was my 3 month checkup and although the news was not good have been expecting it for a while. During the past months my sugar readings have increased. My doctor is aware of some of the personal things that have happened in our lives and has taken my blood pressure and sugar readings into account kept hoping they would go down but with the amount of caos lately no change. Today we talked about changing me over to insulin and he has placed me on a list ot see a specialist. My hopes were that this would not happen but know it would eventually so agreed to it he said that it might improve and that the insulin would ony be temporary if improvement. My husband was diagnosed with diabetis last spring the week of my surgery and he seems to be doing great now so maybe it will be the best decision for me. Very cold and no snow but looking forward to spring getting out and walking and more active as we were before the snow and ice. My family history is full of diabetis and my Dad was also diabetic insulin dependant for the past two years of his life. Things could be worse. Hoping all are well and wishng you a wonderful week. Holly
 
Dear Holly,
So sorry to hear of your medical problem :console2:With your family history, I am glad you &
Your doctor are watching this. I have a young niece who was diagnosed at the age of 5. She has
Had to have shots everyday, she is now 15. I am glad now a days they can control this.:)
Have you been to the park lately ? It is so cold here 10 degrees this morning :yikes: We are all
Waiting for spring:SUNsmile:
I will say a :angel:For you & your husband, for continued health.....
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:@lavender
 
Hi Today we started our walks in our park. So wonderful to see our geese and ducks and seagull friends. Think some remembered us sat on a bench along the pathway to start and fed them still quite a bit of ice and snow on the grass by the water so stayed on the brick pathway and what a nice relaxed feeling. It was a nice calm feeling almost like going to a place surrounded by friends. I hope to go again tomorrow weather has een so much milder but expecting some more snow. A taste of what we are waiting for after a long winter. Holly
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
Test testing trying to snd a picture of my Raggedy Annes .
 
Hi @tashia The weather is getting really nice here roads are all dry and no snow on our roof. My husband and I enjoy walking through the park and feeding the geese and ducks and sea gulls it is something that is so enjoyable and relaxing. Last year I had my knee surgery in April and was worried that i would not be able to see the babies when they were born but after the time I waited to start driving again found out that the little ones were still very tiny and loved seeing how they grew . They are very smart. Now that the wether is getting nicer we have started going back and walking the paths. The grass still has snow on it but each day a little more melts. I was very fortunate growing up wonderful parents, 4 amazing kind brothers and dogs and cats, birds, turtles . Very lucky to have the grandparents and family I had. As you said life has its little hills, my Dad lived till he was 85 and had a good life. He loved his family and it was just so hard to see how it all ended. I am looking forward to wearing shorts and sandals and feeling the sun. It is sunny today makes you feel good. Well back to my cross stitching. And this afternoon it will be plus 12 celcius so going to a nice walk. Wishing you a wonderful week Holly
 
:flwrysmile::friends:What a beautiful day today. The snow is melting and now back to our wonderful walks in the park. Today we had a number of geese still believe they remember us but if not well they seem to. Fed our friends and then started to walk today instead walking to the bench and then back to our car we decided to go further round and then round and then two more times probably clos to an hour felt energized took our time and then back to the car. Trying to park further away from things now encouraging me to walk more need the exercize and have to try to get stronger for next surgery. My job involved being on my feet lots of walking and bending and since then not as active due to my leg and then the surgery. My leg is feeling so much stronger now but the left:yes!: leg is starting to get quite sore so hoping that we can set a date for the next :zzz:knee replacement on my left leg. I am pleasantly exhausted had a nap this afternoon and feel asleep right away. The water is running very fast and the ice has melted stay away from water as the current is strong. Hoping to get in more walks this is the fifth and so wonderful to enjoy a relaxing visit with the geese and ducks and seagulls and a little squirrel who is alone loves being fed to. Simple pleasures cost very little and so rewarding. Looking forward to another walk tromorrow have been walking around our area but so much easier on the path in our park. Holly:spin:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas Just thought I would try to share our park pictures with you as this is the park that we got were engaged in and a special place that we go when we need to relax during good and bad times in our lives. Just love it. So beautiful. Holly Now wairting for the babies to be born.
 
What a beautiful day.. Only a few days ago our yard had so much snow and now today our gardens are all clear and the peonies and other bulbs are popping up. Went for a walk today to see our geese and when we came home realized it was warm enough to go out with out a sweater. It is very sunny and we have decided that unless the weather changes we are going to start racking our gardens. Trying to do it before the bulbs get higher still can't see our snowdrops but maybe after the raking is done they will appear. My appointment for starting me on insulin is on Easter Monday and just wanting to get it over with. My husband takes insulin and not worried about the insulin just more appoinments. Hoping to get this settled before my appointment with the surgeon . Well things will be ok and have my husband and I can do it together. What a wonderful gift spring is here actually today felt almost like summer. Wishing all a great week Holly
 
@lavender
Hello Holly,
Your pictures are beautiful :) Your Raggedy Anne's are so pretty. You are quite a talented
Lady. The park looks so peaceful & I'm glad you are getting out & enjoying it. I have already started
Raking. Monday the temp. Will be in the 80's :SUNsmile:I am sorry you have to take insulin, but glad it
Will help you.
I hope you & your Dear husband are doing well & continue to enjoy this beautiful weather.
Thinking of you :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Diana Nice to receive your letter. I made 5 of these dolls for Christmas presents but lost the picturetrying to download it in the computer. Still have material so going to make some more. Our park is beautiful. The area in the photo is a beautiful river it runs through our city from end to end and then to outside areas. It is moving very fast right now the large falls at the far end is looking like niagra not as tall but sounds the same. Water so pretty with the sun shining on it. At the upper part of the park is a large garden with a commerative clock each year it is planted according to the season or whatever is going on.:flwrysmile: Lots of people come to our park for their wedding photos so pretty. Keep running into people walking with their dogs and have had some nice talks one dog is part Australian and has blue eyes she was rescued from a puppy mill and her temperment is beautiful so pretty. I am going :)there again today for a walk with my husband lots of places to sit so when we get tired always a bench in sight. My Gramma and Grampa have a tree that is dedicated to:yes: them in our park so many benches have plaques to dedicated to people as well by their families and friends. We have a antique merry go round with vintage horses, that the kids ride and a train sized to fit adults and kids that is set up goes a fair distance, about three feet off the:SUNsmile: ground used to take my nieces on the train when they were small. and paddle boats when the weather is good. I was two streets over from this park and lived there for the first two years of lmy life lived in another house one more street over as well but when there were three of us kids my parents moved to where they live now and two more brothers were born there:friends:. So many specil memories in this park and just love getting back to it. Nice to hear from you and wishing you a wonderful weekend and week Diana. Holly:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom