TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and hope everyone is doing great. All the Raggedy Ann dolls are nicely wrapped and ready to be delivered for Christmas day. I miss them sitting on the love seat they looked so cheery and sitting in the row side by side looked like a little family. I will have to make more they are really cute. Today we went out with my Mom she wanted to buy cards for my family and found a beautiful box of Thomas Kincade cards she started out seeming quite blue and and we had a talk went to have a breakfast sandwich and she seemed to seem so much happier. My husband is so thoughtful and he bought a beautiful Pointsetta from our grocery store at the same time we picked out a nice one for her she didn't know until she went home and so surprised and so happy it sits by her chair in her living room and she told my husband and I how much it meant to her. She doesn't want any presents and I told her that it was too late family has shopped for her. I think most of us have bought her things to help make things easier and hope she will love her Raggedy Ann she is really cute. My Mom has started to bake again says she does not want to go for Christmas supper at my brothers but has shopped for the salads she had planned to take with her and she is doing her baking always loved baking at Christmas. She told me that she needs to work harder and I told her it hurts when she says this not sure why she is feeling this way said it almost seems like she is punishing herself for our loss of my Dad. I told her how l much she is loved and asked her how she would think we could ever deal with the loss of her if she died she would leave a huge hole and told her that when she says she wants to die it brings back the trauma that my Dad death left us with. Hoping all turns out nice she enjoyed her day in the end and thanked us for taking the time to help her get around and do the things that she needed. Life is so precious how fast they can change and how hard it is to handle the loss you are feeling and make someone you love aware of their value. Loving all of the moments as much as I can with my husband and my Mom and family that I am so lucky to still have . Holly
 
@lavender
Hello Lavender,
I hope all is well with you & your family:) I love reading your posts, you have a way with
Memories that makes me feel all warm & happy in my heart:angel:I am glad your Mom is feeling
Better & getting out with you & your husband. Sometimes, the easy acts of kindness work so
Well on someone who is a bit depressed. I am sure she will love the Raggedy Ann you made for her.
:mer xm: & Happy New Year
Love,
Diana:santa sleigh::snow win:
 
Holly, may you have a lovely holiday with your family and especially your Mom. Keep encouraging her, she really wants to be with you all as you know. You have a wonderful way with words and a very giving heart. :xmas-kitty:Lee
 
Hi @leejaa and @Diana So nice to hear from you and thank you for your kind words. A while ago my my Mom and I were out with my husband for a little while and we were talking about memories things that keep us close to my Dad don't want him to ever think he is forgotten. I told her that I loved her telling me about things that have happened over the years many before I was born. Her young years and the memories she has of my Gram and Grampa her Mom and Dad and things they did together. while she was growing up. I have enjoyed her sharing these times the day her and my Dad met and how much they wanted a large family and how much we all were wanted. Each day we share memories of our lives she explained to me that she remembered me saying that I loved these talks and so many good times so many wonderful memories . My Grampa joined the navy in Scotland he was only 16 saw action during the Battle of Jutland. His ship sank and he was shot so much history lost his hand in a factory accident the year my Mom was born. We knew he was missing his hand it was never his focus he was so amazing did everything lived and know how much they loved us too spent so much time with them on trips to a cottage we shared during the summers. .Memories of so much love my Dad loved Christmas so much so many patience keeping him close make sure to talk to him everyday and tell my Mom how much he loved her how much he worried that she would be lonely and knowing that I have been blessed even with the tough things that have happened our lives have been filled with so many good things. Wishing you lots of happiness and may you have a wonderful Christmas and may your new year be filled with the very best. Holly:huggy santa::merry xmas::presnt::gbhouse::nativity::reindeer:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love when mymom tells stories about her childhood and my dad, i lost my pop when i was just 9so i do not have very many memories of him. I started recording my mom so her stories will live on ..she didnt take to it right off the bat but now she is really enjoying it. My mom will be 89 in march and she is by far my best friend in the world
 
Hi@kar1963 It was so nice to receive your post and how wonderful you have such a close relationship to with your Mom. Your care for keeping track of these memories mean so much for your Mom. During our lives my Mom has kept journals always writing down what came to her that day special things that happened that day the first bulbs poked their heads up in the garden days that meant so much many years of special thoughts little doodles and all kept to be treasured. Over the past few years she stopped writing in the journals these memories were painful and she found them hard to record. My Mom has asked me to keep them safe they will be left to me and I will pass them on. love your Mom and tell her your relationship is a treasure and it is wonderful to share the memories that have made up your lives. MY wish for you is for happiness together and memories that will stay with you for a long time. Best wishes and Merry Christmas and happy holidays Holly :reindeer::sleigh::snow dig:
 
Thank you lavender for your kind words. I had a great idea today for gifts for my family from my mom..i am going to wait until after the holidays and pick up those books where you record your voice while reading the story. It will give my mom and i something to work on together , we have a pretty large family so it will take awhile. Those journals of your moms.wil be priceless treasures. I am glad we are blessed with our moms. Have a very merry Christmas and a blessed new year.. huggs Karla
 
Hi @kar1963 What a wonderful idea the books will be something that can give you time together. I enjoyed reading your post and wish you happiness and health and a very Merry Christmas. Holly:bells:
 
Happy Christmas dear Holly,
I hope you are keeping well.
Have a lovely day and I hope 2014 will be a happy and healthy year for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
:luv4y::santa::mer xm:
 
I can't believe that Christmas is actually over but it was a really wonderful day. We were invited to my brothers house for Christmas dinner my husband and I gathered up my Mom and took her with us. She had a wonderful time saw my niece and brother and his wife her Mom and then her brother and niece called to ask if they had room so they joined us as well. My nieces were so excited phoned Christmas morning and so excited she is married and almost 30 but she was almost crying really appreciated the gift of her Raggedy Ann Doll then my niece her sister came on the phone we went back in time told each other how much we meant to one another and how much we mean as a family.
First year without my Dad tried to keep my Mom from being alone although she still is missing the man she was married to for 63 years . She had a really nice time and although she originally wanted to forget it she was surrounded by her family felt so loved. Before supper my brothers came to my parents house brought her gifts and we really enjoyed seeing them then time to travel to my brothers My Mom has placed her Raggedy Ann in my Dads favorite chair with a really cute bear that my niece bought her for Christmas last year and they look very content. There is flu going around here and my family has all had some of it my brother is the one who is sick with it now. My Dad would be very happy to have seen us together talking about times gone by and remembering how much although life gets busy we all still mean to each other how much he is loved and so very missed. It was a quieter Christmas fewer of us memories of a large family five of us kids and my parents and Grandparents and little kids but so very special a celebration of memories shared and time so precious with those we still have . Wishing a wonderful Happy New Year for all and may only happy days be yours. Best wishes Holly:xmas-kitty::xmas candle: :xmas-win::bicycle1:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
bottomshollow
 
Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year and lots of happiness. My husband gave me a gift of bath salts for Christmas Healing Garden is my favorite . It was made to use in the bathtub and sinc e it has been since last spring since I was able to use our bathtub for a bath thought I would put it away for a while till I could have a bath. Kept thinking about this lovely lavender smell and so with hesitation and fear that I would be stuck in the bath tub have to call for help I ventured carefully stepping in our bathtub slowly sliding in and then realized that I had done this. Sat in the nice hot water and enjoyed the comfort of the soak and then time to get back out. Managed to turn on my front and lift myself up by the sides of the tub. Can't remember how I did it but made me feel so nice. scared and afraid of falling or having to kneel on my knee but managed surprised my husband should have told him I was doing this but very proud that it worked and next time probably be smart idea to have him listen but one more step to feeling like things getting back to normal. Wishing a wonderful healthy comfortable new shiny year for all and hoping that sad days are over. Remembering the wonderful days of earlier times with my Dad and my husband and family and hoping that this year all will remain safe. The kindness shown by the wonderful friends I have made on this forum and the support and good wishes will be with me forever and so very important part of the healing. Holly:spin::friends:
 
Hi Lavender, how are you doing now? I just joined Bone Smart, just had TKR-right in November, your PT sounded too aggressive. I am lucky that I chose a PT with 35 years of knee experience, we are taking things very easy and getting great progress, he does not believe in pain, ( there's enough of that just doing nothing) my surgeon feels the same way. Hope you are well and are still posting.
 
Hi @Spiritbee51 Nice to receive your post and hear that your pt is going so smooth. I think it is wonderful that your pt has been so calm. I believe that the aggressive pt tactics at the beginning of my recovery time has been the reason that the scar tissue was such a problem and so difficult both physically and mentally it is to handle this aggressive manner of pt therapy. The best thing that happened to me was when my doctor suspended all pt and suggested massages so gentle and the massage guy was so concerned about my well being never pushed and always left his care feeling good about my progress. I will be having ex-rays in April on both knees and it is at this time the surgeon will determine the next date for my left knee replacement . He has promised that the next time the gentle approach will be used and no pushing he is really kind and seems to really care understands that the healing process could have been much less stressful without the pt methods used last time. My knee has come along way and I am now really happy that I had the surgery done. Hope your knee just keeps feeling better and better and that you are doing great Holly
 
Hi @lavender - glad that your family was close this Christmas and that they appreciated the dolls

Best wishes for 2014 and whatever new surgeries you might need
 
Hi @puffin Yes it was a really nice Christmas for us but now looking forward to spring and warmer weather. Hope you had a nice Christmas to and how is your leg managing hope it is getting easier for you. My husband gave me a couple of cross-stitch kits for my gift and have started one called Ella the frog princess she is really pretty. Wishing you a wonderful New year and it was so nice to hear from you. Is the weather cold where you live have you had any power outages hope not. Lots of damage to the trees here after the ice storm that hit before Christmas. Lots of people have been without hydro and some for almost two weeks. Feel so fortunate that we wee lucky to have kept our hydro hoping the others will get their hydro back soon must be very cold for them. Wishing you a wonderful week Holly
 
Hi Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year hoping that 2014 is great. Still working on posting my Raggedy Ann picture. Last weekend signed up for a support company for the computer. Have been having lots of problems with it and gradually things started to disappear. No internet explorer and windows was shutting down stuff so phoned and they fixed the problems I think still no photo gallery so going to call them back so when I figure out how to do it I am going to post the little Raggedy Anne all five lined up together. It took 16 hours to get the problem fixed didn't plan on spending the money for the support company but computer was getting difficult to use. Then I am going to ask my brother to help me send the photo through. Have a wonderful week . Holly
 
Holly,
Wishing you a Happy New Years, as well!
I'm glad to hear that you are getting the gremlins chased out of your computer! Computers can be such a pain sometimes!
Take care,
Roger
 
Hi @Roger It is really nice to hear from you. Hope you and your wife had a wonderful Christmas and all the best wishes for a Happy New Year for you . Nice to have the computer working now just use it mostly for this forum and just for pleasure. I hope you are doing well and that your knee is feeling fine. Looking forward to the spring time no more snow so many ice storms this winter we have been very lucky in our home not to have had damage and still have our hydro. So many people in our area and areas nearby have had damage to their trees and no power. I keep thinking that just maybe 3 more months and then back to sitting with the ducks and geese and sunshine shorts and warm weather. Wishing you the best and a wonderful week Holly:whistle::)
 
Hi, Holly,
Thanks for the reply. And I'm glad to hear that you are making it through the cold weather, and haven't lost power. We have been having some very nice weather here in CA, since Oct. It's very dry, though, and we need some rain badly in order to avoid a drought by next year.
Thanks for asking about my knee. Unfortunately, it is not doing the best. Since about 2 months ago, when the swelling went down, I've noticed that the knee is really loose, and has a lot of laxity. I'm also getting a lot of clunking when I walk, which vibrates all the way up to my hip. It has affected my gait, and causes some soreness in the thigh muscles after walking. I don't have much pain. The knee is just not operating smoothly. My surgeon said that he may have used too small of a spacer, and that he could do a revision to change to a thicker spacer. We are waiting on results for a blood test, to rule out infection. Then I am going to get a second opinion. You can read all the details on my thread.

Cheers,
Roger
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom