Hi Lavender,
I have just been catching up with your happy happy posts.
Firstly I am delighted about your husband. He has been in my thoughts and it is such good news that his colonoscopy went well. Such wonderful news. It must be such a weight off your mind.
Happy belated birthday. Such thoughtful presents from your husband. I am pleased you had such a happy day.
You are obviously a very talented lady with your doll making and sewing and knitting.
Have a wonderful weekend. Life is good. I am so pleased it is settling down for you and looking so much brighter.
Take care,
Hugs Toothfairy x
Hi Toothfairy It was really nice to receive your post and how are you doing. Hope you are not having pain with your leg and that it is getting easier. Your kind words mean alot to me and now feel like maybe things are going to sort out. My husband is doing great he has really caring doctors and they include me keep me up to date with how things are going. It was nice the day that he went in for his test. Met people in the recovery waiting room and then the nurse asked me to move our car up close to the door told her that I was only a few spaces away and then she invited me into the room he would be coming through. Met a man who had just had catarac surgery he was on oxygen and around 70 years old. I mentioned that he must have had catarac surgery and he smiled he was quite nervous about how it would look and how he would make out when he took his bandage off. I told him that my Mom is almost 82 and that she managed fine and he would probably make out great told him that she had a brand new looking eye under her bandage and he was pleased hoped he would be fine and he also had a colonoscopy last week and his results he said found he needed stuff removed he told me my husband would be ok won't feel a thing made me feel nice to.
My brother called last night to invite us to Thanksgiving on Monday with hisk wife and my two nieces and their boyfriends. He is calling my Mom today and ask her to come to.she doesn't want to celebrate missing my Dad but hoping that she will come and we will pick her up and take her to be thankful for the many things that we still have and my brothers family is really wonderful my husband and I really like one of my nieces boyfreinds and will meet the other boyfriend that day. Getting excited Well off to have our breakfast at our place in the nearby town and then off to see how my Mom is doing and then maybe see our ducks geese and seagulls. Wishing you a wonderful weekend and thanks for your kindness Toothfairy you are a very nice person. Holly
Good Morning Lavender,
I wanted to give you a visual of my morning I live in Massachusetts, this morning as I went out on my back deck
The sun was shining through the colorful leaves on the trees. in the distance I heard geese. They flew right by my house.
I thought of you & I smiled to myself Thank you for making me enjoy the simple things in life. It is a great lesson.
Have a wonderful weekend,
All my best,
Diana
Hi @Diana So nice you had such a beautiful morning and yes simple pleasures . It is such a beautiful time of the year and I can imagine the beauty of your leaves and just love the sound of the geese makes things seem so calm. Every year we looked forward to visiting the parks looking forward to the spring when the geese and duck babies were born and watched them grow and the the joy of watching them learn to fly makes you emotional to see them go from tiny chicks and grow into the beautiful birds they become. We have a nature park near us that has now closed there was vandalism and someone got in during the night and harmed some of the animals and the swans that lived there did not live. During my childhood years it was a place that you could go to and see deer wild in the woods and all different types of wildlife all kinds of ducks geese and baby animals they were kept in a natural setting not caged and only barrier was an outside fence partitioned off by log rails and that was their home. Some of the geese on the park were probably part of this wonderful place and when it closed they were left without a home. When you spend time with them it makes you realize how much we are all alike they are so very protective of their little ones and how they all have their own personalities. Sitting in the park today we sat at a table near the water the sun was really bright and the sky was so blue not a cloud to be seen the colour of the sky take it for granted and when you get the time to stop and look how beautiful the world we live in actually is.
Making time to see my Mom took her on the spur of the moment to a little market store she likes to go in the country to on our way home she wasn't sure if she would go not too far from her home but said yes and then on the way home she thanked us she really enjoyed the little ride and the sun and just talking to us another simple pleasure took her and us away from stress for a little while and doing it while we still have time to be with her while she is still with us. Thankyou Diana for your kind post and for enjoying the sun the leaves and the geese and hoping that you are doing great and that the simple pleasures keep stopping by Holly
Yesterday was really nice went to my brothers for Thanksgiving supper and wonderful to see my brothers family my nieces and their boyfriends and really enjoyed having supper with them and time together. My Mom was hesitant about going first year without my Dad and told her we are all missing him just celebrating the people we still have and thankful to have the time with them I think this would make him happy. My husband and I went to see the movie Captain Phillips on Sunday and what a wonderful job Tom Hanks did in his portrayal of the real life captain and the story of the ship and his crew he was protecting. Something in the last scene touched me his expression couldn't help went to the bathroom and broke down crying reminded me so much of my Dad still having trouble letting go of him and trying to concentrate on the positive memories he left with me and missing him so very much. My husband is so very kind and supportive and tries to help try not to cause him stress and love to have the time together with him I do he is wonderful and very patient. Hope all of you have a really great week and we are enjoying the changing leaves and bright sunny days we have been having here. Holly
Sounds like a wonderful thing to have your family together for a thanksgiving holiday. Grieving takes time and just like the knee it happens in its own time. It slowly lessens but can still catch you unawares at odd times even years later. You are doing the only thing you can and just going with your feelings and remembering your dad.
Hi leejaa Thanks for your post . Really nice time with my family and as they are both working now one at the hospital as a coordinator and the other goes to college training to be a teacher so every time we see them they have lots to talk about . This year I asked what I could bring with us usually take jellied pineapple orange salad with whipped cream has been a tradition in my family for so many years. My nieces really help out and last thanksgiving they made the salad so thought that when she asked me to bring pop and cranberry juiceI thought the girls were bringing the salad she just wanted to have us said they would take care of the food. Well it was funny because the girls made a pasta salad this year and my sister-in laws Mom kept looking around the table and said oh I don't see that salad I always look forward to it what is it called my favorite . Thought the girls were making it so that is why I was told not to worry so this Christmas will make sure that I take it and the Waldorf jellied salad we always make nice to have traditions that people enjoy the cranberry juice mixed with ginger ale is what we took and this was a big hit. My Mom has been packing up some of my Dads things and we have been helping to take it to the salvation army still has all of the clocks that he so carefully made and they chime so beautifully. He is everywhere from the brass he loved to collect to the trees he planted to the changes he made in our home and to the green house he built for my Mom 40 ago which when it started to deteriorate was torn down and a little sun room was made from the part that was still in good shape. Memories of a man who meant so much to us Thanks for your kindness and hoping you are doing well Holly
Sounds that you have been really busy! Hope that all is well with your knee
The seasons are changing and we had snow last week Today it was minus 8C when we got up so I have been filling the bird feeders for the little birds. I have been watching the flocks of birds flying south over my house (geese, swans and cranes) and we even had deer venture into the garden over the weekend to eat fallen apples
Hi Hope everyone is doing great. Today is going to be quite a bit cooler only expected to hit a high of 8 celcius. The sun has been really bright and the skies have been really clear and blue. My Mom asked if we would mind taking her to the cemetary where my Grandparents are buried and help to clear our the plants which were planted in the spring getting it ready for the winter. Said we would just a wee bit to clear out and then maybe go for a cup of tea and coffee. I managed to finish knitting the sweater that my husband bought me to make for my birthday. It is really warm and has a reindeer on both sides the sleeves and two on the back bulky wool and really like it wanted to have it for the fall weather and probably even into the even colder months. Two more appointments for my leg massage and then that will be the end. Have found the results very positive and my coverage will take me that far now just getting past it. Next spring the surgeon and I are going to talk about my other knee not sure if it is actually needing done yet no pain just no cartiledge and a little unsteady but we will look at it. He wants to wait but said he will do it if I decide to. My brother has been away and has helped with things also but we are trying to get my Mom to try to do some of the things she has to a little on her own. Getting her out and around but offering her the time to shop for the food she wants and she said she is really enjoying the independance making her feel less like she is not capable. Her eye surgery is next week and then the next week we will take her to shop for wool at Mary Maxims she is really excited. My brother has not called her and she is worried he has been gone for two weeks to Florida he needs a break and she did to. My brothers have started to come back offering to help with things she needs youngest brother put a ceiling on her little porch and other brother came and hung up her pictures and the next came and helped arrange for her pipes to be cleared out called the city and arranged for them to inspect her drainage pipe she was thrilled all of her thlings are clearing up she has made them so happy including them where they always had to get approval from my other brother things may finally be clearing up. She has always been very interested in so many things really missing my Dad trying to help her begin those interestes a little bit again. Hope all is well with everybody and wishing you a wonderful week. Holly
Today I decided to put the hair on my Raggedy Anne Dolls and later next week maybe start making their clothes. It is beautiful here today and so many leaves have turned and some of our trees are noow bare. Saturday we decided to go for breakfast in the little town neaarby we really like. When we left our city it was raining big wet drips almost looked like really wet snow. As we started down the country highway the drops started to get thicker and not too far down the road we found our selves in a snowy whiteout it was strange how fast it started and then going further along we realized that there were snow patches told it had snowed there all night. Today it is really beautiful still not alot of sun but the air is really fresh feeling. Going to a little store in another town nearby to pick up a few things we ordered for my cross stitch. Then going to see if my mom wants to go to the market along the way home and pick up some things fresh produce and stuff tomorrow is the day she will have her other eye surgery and trying to do these things before the weather gets bad. Working on my cross stitch mermaid and really enjoying it. My leg is a little bit stiff think it is the cooler weather but managing great Hope all is well and that the week is great for you. Holly
Hi kneeper Yes the snow showed itself for a while on Saturday but reminded me that I am not looking forward to it coming again for a while. I was talking to a friend of mine today at the cross-stitch store that we go to and she was telling me that there was enough snow in the little town in the other direction from where we live for her grandchildren to build a snowman on Saturday. Funny how a matter of maybe 5 miles away the weather could be so different. Enjoying the beautiful cooler sunny days and making the most of them before it gets really cold. It made me feel a little bit Christmassy though and guess I might start my shopping next week. Picked up a parcel with some beads that I ordered for a cross=stitch that I am going to start next andthey are really beautiful the colours are unbelievable. Hoping that you are doing fine. Nice to hear from you and wishing you a wonderful week. Holly
Hi and hope all is well. Last Thurday the massage guy asked if I thought I would be ok if I stopped my massages and we decided that since my coverage was coming to an end I would see how it goes and come back later if I felt I needed to. I think it has helped a lot and happy that I went but now actually feel relieved good sign my leg has improved with this help and now just going to enjoy the way it helps me walk now still a little sore but not uncomfortable. I started a bit of shopping for Christmas the same day and the snow we have been having off and on over the past week has inspired me to get started on getting things ready. My left leg is starting to get quite sore not sure if it is the weather but hoping it starts to feel better as it is also due for a knee replacement and hoping I can delay it. Missing the park as it is getting quite cold and can only spend a short time with our duck geese and sea gull friends. Still trying to make sure we go they are having less visitors and now they are probably missing the food seem very pleased to see you when giving them the food we have. Yesterday I wrote another letter to the newspaper asking our city council to reconsider their decision to build a long term care home in our city. Twenty years ago they turned down the option to build a home and the topic was put to them by the government last spring. They promised the matter would be looked at and they have now decided to leave it. This was why my Dad was placed in a home 60 miles from us and died there with no one around him that morning not enough time to get there before he died and we went every day. MY Dads situation was when I started to write and call trying to get someone to care. Haunted by the memories of someone who was so very loved andwho deserved so much more. Nights are getting so much darker earlier and really missing the sunshine. Hoping everyone is doing fine and wishing a wonderful week for you. Holly
I always find it interesting that a town can vote against a long term care facility. It would seem this would be a plus to all people who live in the area. Good for you to keep pushing for it.
It was interesting for me also that when I had the worst knee replaced, I noticed the pain and discomfort in the other so much more. I chose not to wait since it was frustrating to still have knee pain. Good luck with making that decision and I hope the timing will be what you wish and need for your life. As a positive - the second knee for me is being easier thought I know no two knees are alike and I was quite apprehensive ahead of time.
Hi @leeja Up till now I was planning to have my second knee done probably in the spring. I have an appointment with the surgeon who did my right knee and he is going to exray my operated knee and then discuss how we should go about the second knee. He seems to feel that my first leg should have more time to fully heal and this I think is why I am now feeling that it should wait. My left leg has never been really sore just very unstable it took care of me while my right leg was healing but now it is becoming really sore and not so strong. My surgeon seems to be uncomfortable about doing it said that he is very pleased for me and said I have handled it well but he is wondering if the bend will be a problem again he said the decision would be mine and he would do what I decide. I am managing fine with the 90 degrees but had hoped to have the second one done so that I would be finished before the summer comes and before anything happened The letter I wrote was the third letter and members of my family and I attended a forum meeting last spring to discuss with planners and other families affected by the need . Everyone expressed how the lack of this type of home and the need for one was going to get worse as time goes by. Our city has nursing homes but all are filled beyond capacity and remained that way for the entire 5 months that my Dad was with us he was at the top of the list for them but no room became available. The letters I wrote received a lot of positive feedback from others and I was thanked by those who read them for trying to help make them listen. The editor of the paper encouraged me to keep writing so the last one was sent in yesterday now waiting to see if it makes any difference in their choice. Hoping you are doing great and thanks for your letter hope you have a wonderful week. Holly
Hi Holly,
I'm just catching up with your posts.
You have been so busy with your knitting and cross stitch and raggedy Ann dolls.
I am pleased that your mum is doing well. I'm sure your loving support is helping her so much.
Great news that your knee is also progressing.
Your posts are always so uplifting.
Take care and stay warm, hugs
Toothfairy x
Hi Toothfairy Nice to receive your post and hoping all is going great for you. I am missing doing my cross-stitch but have really had fun making a stocking that my husband gave me for Christmas last year. My Mom made my brothers and I stocking when we were tiny and I have used my stocking every year it is now 57 years old and although I have had to mend a few spots along the way it is still very special to me . Mine is made of soft pale grey felt with ornaments that she sewed and stuffed attached to it little beads to make it even prettier and holly leaves and my name carefully cut and sewed on to it but afraid it is going to get damaged want to preserve what is left so it will be proudly placed where it always is and the new stocking will be laid beside it so that she will still be part of our Christsmas morning. I have finished my other stocking now and it turned out very beautiful. It is called the candy angels and the angels are all holding either a candy cane or a lollipop and the last one has a wrapped candy all made of felt and decorated with beads shiny threads and sequins. I thought I would keep this one for the day that my nieces have kids but my husband bought it for me so he hoped I would keep it. Now working on a raggedy anne stocking all all three dimensional and really going to be cute. Saving this for later on and then going to start a sugar plum fairy one also have some to cross stitch for any little boys that will need one. When my brothers little ones were born I gave each of them a stocking also made of felt and they are still using them now. Just a little bit of a tradition that started with my Mom and Dad. My Mom is doing great try to get her out as much as wel can and making sure that she is not alone too much. Missing my Dad so much and wanting to make the most of time withmy Mom hope we have her for a long time not sure how I could handle loosing her as well or my husband or anyone ever again. Hope your leg and you are doing great now have to cut out and sew some clothes for ann and andy dolls maybe try to get them dressed sometime this week . Nice to hear from you toothfairy and wishing the best and a wonderful week Holly
Hello Lavender,
I hope this message finds you doing well & in great spirits you reminded me of my own stocking my
Great, Great Grandmother knitted for me, 54 yrs. ago, I still have it.
You truly have a way with words & you do make me appreciate everything I am grateful for. When you
Speak of your father, I can feel the love you have for him. A great man with a wonderfully, caring Daughter.
Thinking of you,
Diana
Hi @diana Nice that you also have a treasure from your great great gramma can't believe that it was that long ago that I first used this stocking always hung when I was growing up along the mantle of the fireplace in our home. Remember my Mom and Dad using a hair pin to secure it along the back of the stone mantle piece. Always so excited Christmas morning when the five of us kids awoke to find them filled with the things back then that you were given an orange a few golden chocolate coins , walnuts and just things that they thought we would like and yes a candy cane to. So exciting and such a wonderful memory. I have been doing well and really enjoying the raggedy ann stocking all pieced together in felt and now getting ready to start her face and hair just sewing the little candy canes that go on it and getting really pretty it is called Christmas morning and she is holding a teddy bear. then the popcorn strings made also of pieces of felt sewn togeth embroidered and the filled with fibre fill stuffing. I bought the kit a couple of years ago and just got the urge to have a go at it. How is your knee doing hope it has all went great for you. So nice to hear from you Diana and wishing you a wonderful week.
I have to say that having the time to craft has been the best part of tkr i make the felt christmas stockings as well and did two one for my 6 mo old niece and the other was for her mom, her daddy still puts up the one i made for him when he was born, i have so many cross stitch projects to work on but the stockings came first.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.