TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Holly, everything is going really well with my new knee. I am very lucky. I overdid it a bit yesterday, walked too far and suffered a little as a result but nothing serious. I should know better this time!
I am pleased that things are going better for you and your husband and hope that things continue to be good.
How is your knee doing?
I know you are really busy and doing a wonderful job supporting everyone but do try to find a little bit of 'me' time to recharge your batteries.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi@toothfairy Nice to hear your leg is doing so well it must feel great to have both of them done now and hope they just keep getting better for you. I am finding my knee is feeling so much stronger only gets a little sore around bedtime. My left leg is needing replaced very creaky but surgeon is trying to give my right knee time to completely heal and will ex-ray right leg again in the spring and then maybe decide if time to think about replacing my left knee. Had a very busy week last week and lots of walking quite sore but not doing that this week. Today slowing down my husband is going for a blood test then going to spend the day on our own time together .

My husband and I are trying to relax with all of it and need time together without all of the stress. The weather here is beautiful a little breezy lots of sun yesterdays temperature went up to 32 degrees celcius became quite warm and very humid went to the park before it got too hot sat under a couple of trees long the water nice breeze there couldn't believe how hot it was when we left the trees and walked to the car. I hope you have a great week and wishing you the very best Thanks for your kindness and caring :) Holly:yahoo:
 
Hi Lavender,
Wow you have been through a lot. I was blessed last year with a great PT she was about my age and I guess she knew I was scared. I found this site and it was a God send I listened to everyone in here and there great advice and when my knee said no I stopped. I am now just eight days out with my right knee and I'm still going to listen to all the advice in here and even though I have been through this once there always something knew to learn. Just wanted to say hi and hope you are now doing better.
Just me, Linda
 
Hi@Redbird Nice to receive your post and great to hear from you. Wow just 8 days in is this knee working out the same as your first replacement. It is nice that you have a physical therapist that understands and is caring of how you feel. I am very thankful that I was fortunate to find bonesmart so much support kind people who really understand and I have learned so much we all have a lot of common experiences. The other best thing that happened aside from the amazing support that I have with my husband was being referred to a massage therapist he is very caring and keeps reminding me that it should not hurt and if it does he will stop. I started going every week and now go every 3 weeks it is something that I have looked forward to very positive never leave feeling like pt not told not doing enough very encouraging can be uncomfortable but results much better then pt. Hope you are not in pain and the people here at bonesmart will help you along your way. Wishing you the very best and hope all goes well no pain Holly :kittykiss:
 
:) Yesterday turned out to be a pretty amazing day we had to go to the lab my husband needed a blood test before his appointment today with specialist and we went to the park afterwords went further down the path to the bench along the first set of small water falls and fed the geese and ducks and sea gulls The ducks are mallard ducks and are so much smaller then the geese very shy but today they all came up close around maybe 25 of them right up to almost at my feet they were holding their own and made sure they didn't get pushed out by the seagulls really cute the males are starting to get the green satin looking feathers on their heads and both the males and females are really pretty.

Of course I also really love the geese and sea gulls are cute to. It got hot and the shade turned to sun so we moved to the bench down to the other end but on our way I saw a mound ahead wondered what it was hoping nothing had died well there was a mud turtle there large laying in the grass maybe around 9 to ten inches both ways thought he was dead no movement and then he pulled his head in a little further and watched us sat on my walker and just enjoyed him there.

Waited a while and then he pushed his neck out got up on his legs and moved down to the water. :yes: There was a leaf beside him and when he started to move to the water he surprised me how fast he actually moved longer legs then I thought they had and tail about 5 inches long had moss on part of his back. walked on the grass down to the sidewalk along the water for a while and then head first into the water. A man we were talking to was excited my husband had called him over to see the turtle he called to his wife a child to come and see and then his wife pointed down where she was quite a distance away and there was another turtle there .:flwrysmile:

Sometimes even the smallest things we find make you wonder. We would never have seen him if parked car behind the parking area behind the back part of the park instead of walking from the area we were in and the reason we decided to move was because of the heat. I only remember a turtle this size from when I was little and saw one in the country on the road he had been hit and . So the moral of this story was that I wanted to walk a little more parked further away and the little extra walk brought us to him or her or actually them. Hope all of you have a wonderful day and something gets you this excited. Turtles are become rare how rare to have two in our park amazing have a wonderful day. Holly:friends:
 
What a lovely story Holly,
Life is good.
Hope today is a good day too, thank you for sharing and bringing a little extra sunshine into my day. :SUNsmile:
Hugs Toothfairy x :yay:
 
Dear lavender,
I do love your stories :) your attention to detail is amazing. You truly do " stop & smell the roses"
Something we all could learn to do....every day :SUNsmile:
Have a great day,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....enjoying the little things in life.....
 
Hi@Toothfairy sometimes even with the bumps that some days bring life is a really truly wonderful thing. I really enjoy writing and hearing from you your way of looking at things is very nice and positive and make me feel good. I really have enjoyed this summer before we worked a night job and the summer days were spent in bed sleeping resting for the next night back at work. I think the bad things that have happened have made me realize how much the good days mean and how many good days there have been. Not working now has given us the time to be available for our health care appointments and to have the time to help my family with their needs can say yes when asked to take my husband and Mom and me to things that pop up without working them out with hours at job. Before our jobs were eliminated company sold we did these through the hours after coming home from night job and worked them into time we would normal have slept had to be done important. I felt that these turtles to see them was kind of like a little gift and those are the best gifts. Going to my husbands appointment this morning then taking my Mom for some groceries. Hope your leg is not giving you any pain and that you are doing well. You are inspirational Toothfairy and enjoy your letters thanks so much Holly
 
Hi @Diana I really appreciate your positive kind words. How are you doing. Is your leg feeling better and are things getting easier hope you are doing great. I am finding the hot weather is making my leg more flexible and easier to walk with. I am not a really hot weather lover but have decided that it is making me feel pretty good. I will really miss our walks in the park when the snow comes but we still took little stops last year just stopping by the road a little into the park taking bread and seeds so the birds we feed have a few things to eat when the weather changes. Enjoy reading and writing to you and makes my day nice. Have a really wonderful day Diana and thanks Holly
 
Hi lavender - you walk in the park sounds lovely - I hope you will manage many more in the autumn before the snow comes

For the past 3 years I often feed the ducks in the snowy winter on the way to PT - it is hardly a walk but the town council grits a small stretch of path near the river where the ducks and geese come when the local lakes freeze. Last winter the ducks came to recognise our car and would run to us while we parked and would even peck to see if my shoes and laces were edible :loll:

Take care of yourself
 
Hi@puffin Nice to hear from you hoping your legs is getting better and no more pain. Your park sounds great and think you are right about the ducks and geese recognizing you and your car they seem to stay with us after they have been fed I think they really like it when you talk to them and also noticed lately that one goose seems to like my shoe laces likes to pull my bow just love being there . Today is the tree planting ceremony for people who died this year and we are going to represent my Dad and our brother in law who died last fall. Last fall we attended the ceremony for my husbands sister who died last summer and my Dads sister my aunt who died at Christmas time. It is held in a pretty area surrounded by trees and is a very nice tribute for so many of us who will attend. Hard to imagine when you see all of who have lost people we love so many people take part in this ceremony
during the year a tree is planted for all who have died on the land owned by the arboretum in our city and last year they planted over 400 trees all different types it will be very emotional way to gather and remember.Wishing you the best Holly
 
HI Having lots of problems with our computer have been on the phone over the past few days around 4 hours getting the support company we deal with to check out what is wrong keeps freezing and blocking emails have to call again fixed some of the problem but still working on why it happened so for some reason when I write and try to send someone a post the name is not highlighted has anyone else had this happen. Not sure why have to check with our support people again . Holly
 
Today my husband put my walker away he was waiting to see when I was ready and yesterday I decided that I am now managing withouth it haven't used it for the last week or two walking in the park everyday we get a little further in our recovery. The tree planting ceremony went nice cried just seeing the trees reminded me of my Dad he loved trees and planted many in our yard during my childhood all are now very very tall and beautiful it was a very wonderful tribute. It was done beautifully this year they planted 645 trees over the acres of the arboretum at the University in our city and for each of the 615 people who died the funeral home arranged for each to have their own tree it is an annual thing they do. My wish is not to attend this ceremony next year don't want to loose anymore people that I love or friends or anyone. My leg is doing great bending enough to make out great and really beginning to feel like my own. Hope all of your days are happy ones and that all of us have painfree days and thanking all for all of the help you have given me it means so much Holly
 
Lavender Holly, how wonderful that you are feeling good again and walker is put away and you can enjoy activities again.
 
Hi @Roger is was nice to hear from you and how far we have come since our surgery your picture is beautiful love the water to never been sailing but the picture you showed made me feel the way that I did when we used to go to cottages and go out on the water to the little islands around us and have a picnic. It is so wonderful that you are getting a chance to get back into your love of sailing and get out on the water must make you feel amazing. Hope you have a great weekend and the weather is clear. Starting to get a little cooler here at night and early mornings but the days are still quite hot and sun feels wonderful. You must be getting excited about your holiday and I am sure it will be nice for you to get away for some extra fun. Wishing you a nice weekend happy sailing Holly
 
Hi leejaa How are things going hope all is well. I decided the other day that the walker was sort of in the pathway of our front hall way trying to get around it and that is why I though it could go in our spare room as it will not be needed now hopefully until next spring when surgeon is looking at replacing my left knee . It was the way I got around and appreciate how much it helped me but now maybe because all is well it will have a well deserved break. Hope you have a great weekend. Holly
 
Today is a beautiful day the weather is cooler sun beautiful can't believe how many leaves have changed colour already and fallen.Yesterday was a really nice day my husband surprised me witha couple of things first we went to the movie theatre and saw Swan Lake it was being shown by satelite from Russian and was performed by the Russian Ballet dancers and it was beautiful the costumes must have taken a lot of work to make lots of beading and jewels sewn on and the whole thing was perfect we were tired and tried not to drift off but first time to see and really enjoyed it. It was shown in 3d so the dancers looked right up close nice. Then had supper buffet at the restaurant we love in a little town nearby. My knee was a little tender yesterday lots of walking the day before and today it is feeling quite comfortable and not sore so far.

Stopped by the park after the medical appointments and so many geese they just kept coming probably close to 60 and about 40 ducks The ducks are starting to come up really close have really grown so neat to see the geese flying they were not flying a little while ago but they are so strong and makes you feel nice to see how far they have come just like us and our knees they are getting better at things. Nice to get back to normal with getting around and hope all of us are having an easier time and things getting less uncomfortable. Tomorrow is my Moms caatarac surgery day she has not been feeling well over the past couple of days think she is feeling nervous about it keep telling her she will be just fine. Wishing everyone the best Holly
 
The best for your Mom tomorrow, I will keep her in my thoughs. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening with the ballet and dinner. Have a great day today. Lee
 
Today my Mom has her cataract surgery and it went great. My husband and I picked her up in the morning and checked her into the day surgery at 12:15 operation was scheduled for 2:20 told to be ready to pick her up at 3:20 to take her home. Waited in the waiting room till 1:15 and then went down for some lunch beautiful day so sat in the car in the sunshine for the last 2 hours received a call from my brother where are you they are looking for you she was finished 1 hour and 10 minutes early nurse told us to go but didn't think we should leave hospital so waited in the car and felt bad brother can upset the day so easily sometimes. Went in to daysurgery the nurse said they were not quite ready to release my Mom and said we had been waiting outside the door by daysurgery and didn't want my Mom to think we had left her.:cry:

Managed to get her into car and took her home and waited to make sure she had her eye drops and made sure she was ok for her supper and just made me upset that he thinks he is in charge of what I do 1 1/2 years older then me thinks he is my boss. I am going to start looking for a job tried to do the retirement plan but too much stress need a job so that I will not be so handy too much stress people seem to think that if you are home you are the one that should be ready to run when the need arrises so think a job would be the solution then he would actually have to some of the running around. Do not mind helping Mom at all but with all of the medical issues that we are facing with my husband it is just becoming more then we can handle. Taking Mom for checkup tomorrow having my leg massage and then off to my husbands specialist for a talk about test results. Hope all are doing well Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom