TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that your mother's surgery went well. Sometimes, we do have to figure out how to protect ourselves from what others think we should have time to do. Take care. Lee
 
Today we took my Mom for her after surgery checkup and the surgeon was really pleased. She asked if my Mom could come in on the 30th of October wants to do surgery on her other eye I told my Mom would be no problem and will take care of her. I am happy to be of help to my Mom and husband just like it to be between her and my husband and me to arrange and easier without some one else interferring. I had my massage and it was very positive and then when I was waiting for my husband to pay my surgeon came out of his office and around the corner and sounded surprised said he was really happy to see me and asked how my leg was doing . He has a way of dealing with his patients that makes you feel that he really cares. He said that I had had a reallly rough time with my leg and deserved a break made me feel nice. He commented that he thinks that the bend will get a little more and don't be surprised if you suddenly feel it move a little looser. I asked him how he felt about my other knee was he thinking I should replace it as well as this was the original plan. He said that it would totally be my decision it is your knee and should be treated as you wish. He mentioned that the procedure would not be pushed next time would prescribe that it be handled very carefully and no aggressive pt at all he said sometimes it is better to let it heal and lighten up on the expectations realized that the bend was what would probably be and said that this time they would understand it would not be pushed beyond my limitations. I asked him if the massage could be the major part of healing and he now agrees that this was probably the best option. He said that my leg was more comfortable because no more swelling and this is how he would present it to any pt he set up for me very very gentle. I asked if the scar looked ok and told me I should be proud of it all turned out hoping that I was ok and telling me to call if it gets painful the next time it would be and when I decided to he would operate on the left knee.Told him I now understood why even though I pushed and did my exercises felt sometimes like I had failed he said never look at it that way don't let anyone make you feel that way either. What a wonderful day my Mom noticed yesterday that my brother was getting pushy and she actually asked him to let me take care of the stuff she needed without any hassle Things are looking up and feeling great. :spin::)
 
Good morning Lavender, :goodpost:
I have just been catching up with you. I am so pleased that your mums cataract op was successful. It will give her more confidence for the second one. Having both eyes sorted out will really improve her quality of life.
It's also good news about your knee, your surgeon sounds like a real gentleman. It sounds as though he really cares and listens.
You will be in good hands whenever you decide you are ready to do the second knee.
I am glad your mum has had a word with your brother.
Life is looking good. I hope things are going well with your husband.
Have a great weekend, hugs Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Hi Toothfairy My Mom is doing really well amazed that her eye has improved so greatly after her surgery she is getting excited again starting to look closer at the wool we bought with her on a day out to Mary Maxims a while ago and think she is going to start knitting again this is a really good sign. I am so thankful that I had the surgeon that I did for my knee surgery he is a really caring man came to talk to me in the hall for probably about 1/2 hour that day and really cares very kind man and I told him how much I appreciated the way he did my knee and how good he has been to me. My husband will go in on Octoer 10th for his colonoscopy and wishing for the best outcome. :Trying to keep positive know he is in good hands. Hope your knee is doing great and thanks so much for your kind words Holly
 
Today we had a slow start decided to go to the park after lunch and the weather was beautiful. I will really miss going and having time with my husband and the geese ducks and seagulls. The geese have grown so big and hard to believe not long ago they were small and fuzzy yellow they are really beautiful and very friendly sometimes they just sit after their feeding time and just seem to listen to us and talk to them and they seem very relaxed and fall to sleep. I have been working on a cross stitch of a mermaid and after we came home I finished the last few stitches and put on the last few seed beads and sometime this week will try to wash her and frame her she is a the Mermaid of Atlantis and is really pretty. I am going to see my Mom tomorrow after my husband has his blood test and needle and she wants me to have a beautiful crocheted bedspread that she made when I was in high school it is a museum replica and made with eru cotton lots of popcorn stitch and just beautiful used to pick up the cotton used to make this remember watching her make it and it was a lot of work tiny stitches just beautiful will keep it safe. Hope all is going fine for everyone Have a great week. Holly
 
My husband will be going in on Thursday for his exam colonoscopy and he is getting nervous went to my Moms eye appointment last Friday and the speciaist who will perform the test was jusst down the hall so we left her for a few minutes and he said he wanted to talk to both my husband and me and explain how to prepare him for the test. We both felt a little better as he was able to meet the doctor and the people in his office were very nice and they made both of us more comfortable about it. Will have to take it a little easy next week as the specialist requested that he stay close to home during the period of taking the medications that he will be taking. My brother is leaving for Florida next weekend and we are getting my Mom what she will need for the few days as I told her we will not be able to do stop in for a few days. Hoping for the results to be good. Thinking that all will be fine and tests will turn out with no problems. I used to have a business when I was in my middle teens sewed dolls Raggedy Ann and Holly hobby and a victorian doll which was really pretty. When my brothers little girls were born they received a doll and I thought that it would be nice to make a few and put them away in case they have a baby one day and they could have one for their own little kids made a tiny 15 inch set for my cousins little boy way back and he loved them he was just little. So today I am embroidering a few faces forgot how much work it took to make them not as quick as I used to be with them but no longer making them to sell just to keep. A few years ago I saw a little girl carrying a doll thought it looked like one of the ones I had sold downtown and asked her Mom if she had bought it in our city she said that it had been saved for a future baby and she told me that her little girl loved her Annie. I had sewn little tags in the first ones I made that were used when I went to Guide camp and asked her mom if there was a tag inside her dress made me feel so happy to see that something that gave me pleasure to make was loved by someone so little this doll would have been around 30 years old and have over the years sited others the same a little piece of my past. Hope all is well with everybody and wishing you a wonderful week. Holly:yay:
 
What a wonderful coincidence to see something you made years ago. The colonoscopy is not that bad, I avoided mine from 50 when it is advised in this country to 59 and then decided I better have it before my first knee replacement just in case something came up after surgery and I would not want to prep or go anywhere during recovery. It was painless due to the meds they give you to relax you and semi knock you out. I will have you and your husband in my thoughts so that his results are benign. :flwrysmile:
 
Holly,
I get a colonoscopy every 5 years, as men over 50 are advised to do. I had a bout with diverticulitis when I was about 45, so the Dr advised it. The procedure is no problem. The worst part is the "prep" the night before. You know, the liquid that you have to drink to clear yourself out. It tastes terrible, and he will have to stay very close to the bathroom for a couple of hours, or more. No food or liquid after that. As long as he is prepared for that part of it, then the worst will be over. I wish him luck, and I'm sure he'll do just fine.

Cheers,
Roger
 
Hi @Roger nice to receive your post . You must be getting excited about your cruise coming up and hope all is well with both you and your wife and that she is feeling better. I thankyou for your information about the colonoscopy. Today my husband is supposed to take pills for the prep and then more tomorrow night and then on Wednesday the day before the procedure he has to take a powder solution mixed with water twice that day with only liquids broths and jello . They told us that the day he has it done he is supposed to come home and rest but the hospital said that he would be fine after it is done. I guess it is a good idea gives peace of mind that it has been checked. Hope you have a great week. Holly
 
Hi leejaa jice to receive your post and thanks for your information about the colonscopy I am sure that he will be fine maybe just good to have it checked to keep an eye on stuff before anything goes wrong. I have now finished the bodies of two raggedy ann dolls and just want to get a few ahead so that I can give them to my nieces for Christmas. As little girls they had dolls but now at the ages of 22 and up they are interested in having their own again just to have. My niece was at my Moms the other day and we were talking about stuff that I had made for them over the years and she said that she had loved their dolls and after many years of playing with them they had worn them out so I am going to finish four of them and wrap them up for their Christmas gifts. They may be getting older but still want their own again. Just need to put their hair on and make their clothes then need two more. Hope you have a great week Holly
 
Hi, Holly,
Yes, after the procedure, he should be fine once his head clears. They will give a mild anesthesia.
At my last colonoscopy, the doctor projected the ultrasound image onto a big screen monitor! I got to watch it! While under anesthesia, it was like watching Fantastic Voyage, or some other weird fantasy :)

Thanks for the kind words for my wife. She just took a short trip to Mexico to visit a friend who is an ex-pat and lives down there. She had a cortisone shot, and she was fine the whole 5 days. She'll probably get another shot a week before our cruise. I'm glad that it works for her. But we realize that the steroid shots are not good to take for a long time, so the Dr still needs to work on a long term solution.

Cheers,
Roger
 
Feeling some relief today the colonoscopy for my husband was today and all is well. I am so proud of my husband he managed great and so nice to see him coming through the recovery room doors smiling and although a little groggy his first request was something to eat. Stopped by a take out place and had a hamburger then headed home and went to bed for a nice sleep to catch up on the sleep lost and he slept like a baby so did I. Now one more thing for now off the list and hoping things slow down a bit. I was waiting in the day surgery waiting room and read a newspaper we had bought then this nice lady came over to talk to me her husband was having a colonoscopy as well today and she was worried he had previous tests and complications were found she was nervous and we talked helped pass the time and try to relax each other then she left after about an hour and a lady who was sitting on the other hall way came over and complimented me on my sweater I told her that my husband had bought it for me before my knee surgery to make after I came home and then as we talked it was amazing to see the similarities that we had her husband was in as a result of other tests where cancer was found and her brother is dealing with the same health issues that my husband has and then told her that I worked at the company that we did and that when it closed took time off for health reasons. She mentioned that two of her relatives had worked years ago for Kmart like us and when she mentioned the names it was nice the two were good friends of ours then. They also married each other a few years after us and she was the sister of the fellow that married my friend at work It is a small world the girl and her mom gave me a bridal shower at their home along with our co workers back then what a small world made the time pass quick and as she was also very nervous about her husbands test it made things a little easier.Hope everything is going great for everyone Holly
 
Holly,
What a nice report. I'm very glad to hear your husband came through the colonoscopy fine. You're right it is a small world. What is amazing for me is when I do business travel, and I run into people I know at the airports! Now that really makes it feel like a small world.
Have a great evening.

Roger
 
Today is my birthday and I woke up to a very happy husband with a few presents. I will be knitting today as one of my gifts was a kit to make a sweater bulky with a zipper it is made of the same soft chunky wool that my last sweater gift is and has a deer on it. I also unwrapped another cross stitch kit with a medival theme a castle and lovely lady with a cloak and red dress on and she is smelling her roses and a flower fairy the ragweed fairy . My husband has been finding sites that sell these and she is no longer available love flower fairies and the story of Mary Cicely Barker the young girl who lovingly drew them so many years ago wonder if the little children she used for mode ls are still alive and how nice to have them. We have been trying to be careful with our money but he had these things put away for me and was very excitied watching me unwrap them I am so lucky to have someone like him he is so caring and kind need to make sure that he is taken care of so much so that never lose him.

My brother second youngest came to see me last night and brought me a birthday card and nice to see him and his wife we are very close and lean on each other very strong bond and he is a wonderful brother. My leg is doing quite well and I although the bend is going to stay around 90 degrees still very pleased that it is all over and getting back to normal life. II am now just over 5 months and can't believe thinking back that the days of my leg and the pain and frustration are over for now and the end result is actually pretty good. Now just wondering if my other leg will be operated on in the spring it is actually feeling better since the right knee replacement no cartiledge but still not as creaky as before. Feeling so much more positive and happy. Hope that everyone has a wonderful week and that your days are not painful and that your leg is feeling better Holly
 
Dear Lavender,
Today is my Birthday also, Happy Birthday to both of us :happydance: I am so happy your husbands test came
Out fine. One less thing to worry about.
Have a wonderful Day & treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it :)
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Birthday. Sounds like your husband is a wonderful guy and I am glad his test was negative. :SUNsmile::flwrysmile:
 
Hi Roger and thanks for your kind words. I had a wonderful birthday and the weather was really beautiful sky so blue no clouds went to see my Mom and she gave me a card in which she wrote to me about how much she loves me it meant so very much first birthday without dad and meant lots to my Mom took her out for a little while with my husband and we had lunch together. Went to the pak and sat with our duck geese and sea gull friends such a beautiful day. My husband had made plans for us to go out for supper and we went to have supper at a restaurant East Side Marios and came home to start knitting my sweater what a wonderful day. Hope you have a really great weekend Roger Holly
 
Hi leejaa Thanks for your kind words and yes he is a really kind man very patient and caring and so nice to see the test for this turned out so good. Hope you enjoy your weekend and things are going great for you Holly
 
Hi @Diana So nice we share the same birthdate hope yours was really nice and Happy birthday to you Diana. I really had a nice day hope you did to. The fall is a busy time in my family three of my brothers and I were born at this time of the year. My brother was born on the 28th of September and a nephew shares his birthday then mine is on the 11th one brother has his on the 16th and the other brother on the 18th of October the oldest was born in January how fast this fall has gone hard to believe it is already October. Wishing you a wonderful day and hope you have a great weekend. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom